Most upset you've ever been after a sporting event? Vol. '03 National Championship

also:

2006 World Cup Final

NBA
1994 WC 1st Round: Sonics vs Nuggets
1995 WC 1st Round: Sonics vs Lakers

Originally Posted by JPZx
frown.gif
30t6p3b.gif

+ 2004 & 2008 NBA Finals 
mad.gif

I don't root for any particular teams for the most part, but am a huge fan of sports. So I think mine are the most objectively heartbreaking games I have watched.

gordon-hayward-duke-butler_opt4-5052-mid.jpg

tyson_lewis_1539498i.jpg

gallery02.jpg

I don't know if this pic is from that game, but the one where they played OK State in the tourney and Nelson missed that FT jumper and sat on the ground after.

I don't root for any particular teams for the most part, but am a huge fan of sports. So I think mine are the most objectively heartbreaking games I have watched.

gordon-hayward-duke-butler_opt4-5052-mid.jpg

tyson_lewis_1539498i.jpg

gallery02.jpg

I don't know if this pic is from that game, but the one where they played OK State in the tourney and Nelson missed that FT jumper and sat on the ground after.

The event was signing a free-agent to 5 years and $60.

The free agent was this guy:

Rowand.jpg

The event was the 2002 NBA draft and a my team wasting the 3rd pick.

On this guy:

mike-dunleavy-indiana-pacers-9-drunk-pictures1.jpg

The event was signing a free-agent to 5 years and $60.

The free agent was this guy:

Rowand.jpg

The event was the 2002 NBA draft and a my team wasting the 3rd pick.

On this guy:

mike-dunleavy-indiana-pacers-9-drunk-pictures1.jpg

Originally Posted by bijald0331

Must have been a painstaking process to narrow down your list. 
It's the honest truth, each of those events upset me. Of course not everyone shares the same relationship to sports, but I'm deeply involved with my teams and take it personally when they get beat bad or lose when the stakes are high.

Originally Posted by bijald0331

Must have been a painstaking process to narrow down your list. 
It's the honest truth, each of those events upset me. Of course not everyone shares the same relationship to sports, but I'm deeply involved with my teams and take it personally when they get beat bad or lose when the stakes are high.

To be perfectly honest, the 1995 Sonics (Ohhhhhhh, you forgot about them?!!!). Everyone points to the '94 Sonics and blowing the first round, but having learned their lesson, they had a 4-5 matchup with the Lakers in the first round...except that the Sonics were nine games better. And they got worked. The damn Rockets (who the Sonics had dominated, historically, during Hakeem's career) were a game worse and went on to win the title. I can let '94 slide, but to completely collapse AGAIN in '95...George Karl is a joke of a playoff coach.

To be perfectly honest, the 1995 Sonics (Ohhhhhhh, you forgot about them?!!!). Everyone points to the '94 Sonics and blowing the first round, but having learned their lesson, they had a 4-5 matchup with the Lakers in the first round...except that the Sonics were nine games better. And they got worked. The damn Rockets (who the Sonics had dominated, historically, during Hakeem's career) were a game worse and went on to win the title. I can let '94 slide, but to completely collapse AGAIN in '95...George Karl is a joke of a playoff coach.

Originally Posted by DTruth07

frown.gif
30t6p3b.gif
mad.gif

- ATL vs. Minn - NFC Championship Game 98/99 
mad.gif

- Minn losing the last game of the year against the Cards causing them to miss the playoffs, but Packers won so they got in.  2003 
mad.gif

Remember these tragedies vividly and will probably never forget.

Oh and any time the Bulls played the Knicks in the 90's. 
laugh.gif
frown.gif

Reggie Miller whoring us for like 50 pts in 11 seconds or w/e it was. 

Luis Gonzalez singling up the middle vs. Yanks.

Originally Posted by DTruth07

frown.gif
30t6p3b.gif
mad.gif

- ATL vs. Minn - NFC Championship Game 98/99 
mad.gif

- Minn losing the last game of the year against the Cards causing them to miss the playoffs, but Packers won so they got in.  2003 
mad.gif

Remember these tragedies vividly and will probably never forget.

Oh and any time the Bulls played the Knicks in the 90's. 
laugh.gif
frown.gif

Reggie Miller whoring us for like 50 pts in 11 seconds or w/e it was. 

Luis Gonzalez singling up the middle vs. Yanks.

Originally Posted by vrai1

Originally Posted by Th3RealF0lkBlu3s

2000 AFC Championship Game vs. the Ravens

2001 AFC Divisional Round vs. the Patriots (**** the Tuck Rule.)

2002 Super Bowl vs. the Buccaneers (still feel numb about this, just floored.)

The debacle against Tampa can be blamed on Al - there was just no way Gruden was going to lose a game to a team he just finished coaching for years and hadn't yet even bothered to change its playbook. I saw that L coming all throughout the playoffs. So, although still difficult, I could stomach that one more than the previous two. Its been ten years, and to this day I have flashbacks of Siragusa's dirty lard @** landing on Gannon.  And then the Snow Job in Foxboro....
mad.gif

Tim Brown was on BDSSP a few years ago and blamed the coaching staff. He said Callahan and Co. came up with the "perfect game plan" but the Friday before the SB they scrapped the playbook and came up with a gameplan that he knew was going to get debacled.

But mine:

evgeni-nabokov(ap).jpg

After Nabby's save I thought destiny was on our side...

396454.jpg

I watched the dreams of a Super Bowl die on this play
frown.gif

kobe-bryant-game-6-2002.jpg

That was our year... +%+$ Stern and his goons

Originally Posted by vrai1

Originally Posted by Th3RealF0lkBlu3s

2000 AFC Championship Game vs. the Ravens

2001 AFC Divisional Round vs. the Patriots (**** the Tuck Rule.)

2002 Super Bowl vs. the Buccaneers (still feel numb about this, just floored.)

The debacle against Tampa can be blamed on Al - there was just no way Gruden was going to lose a game to a team he just finished coaching for years and hadn't yet even bothered to change its playbook. I saw that L coming all throughout the playoffs. So, although still difficult, I could stomach that one more than the previous two. Its been ten years, and to this day I have flashbacks of Siragusa's dirty lard @** landing on Gannon.  And then the Snow Job in Foxboro....
mad.gif

Tim Brown was on BDSSP a few years ago and blamed the coaching staff. He said Callahan and Co. came up with the "perfect game plan" but the Friday before the SB they scrapped the playbook and came up with a gameplan that he knew was going to get debacled.

But mine:

evgeni-nabokov(ap).jpg

After Nabby's save I thought destiny was on our side...

396454.jpg

I watched the dreams of a Super Bowl die on this play
frown.gif

kobe-bryant-game-6-2002.jpg

That was our year... +%+$ Stern and his goons

That Kings-Lakers series was atrocious. In retrospect, if the Kings had just walked off the court, nobody would have blamed them. That was the ultimate screw job in NBA history.

And, if anyone tries to accuse me of taking sides, I'm a Sonics fan, don't care about either of those teams, or any team in the league currently. That series was a joke...along the lines of Barkley's Suns attempting 64 free throws at home in Game 7 in '93.

That Kings-Lakers series was atrocious. In retrospect, if the Kings had just walked off the court, nobody would have blamed them. That was the ultimate screw job in NBA history.

And, if anyone tries to accuse me of taking sides, I'm a Sonics fan, don't care about either of those teams, or any team in the league currently. That series was a joke...along the lines of Barkley's Suns attempting 64 free throws at home in Game 7 in '93.

fisher-4.jpg
%$*%$%% clock started late. this was hard to get over, especially living in LA and seeing %$*%$%% .4 shirts everywhere
30t6p3b.gif
frown.gif

1998-1999 nfl playoffs 49ers vs Falcons- that was the 49ers last real year. They finally beat Green Bay. But Garrison Hearts got hurt in the game against the falcons
tired.gif

82126727.jpg
both times
indifferent.gif

Spurs vs Dallas 2006 playoffs game 7.
30t6p3b.gif
 Ginobili fouling Dirk and giving up the 3 point play for the tie
indifferent.gif
 Spurs were down huge that game also. 

The Dodgers vs Philly.
alien.gif

fisher-4.jpg
%$*%$%% clock started late. this was hard to get over, especially living in LA and seeing %$*%$%% .4 shirts everywhere
30t6p3b.gif
frown.gif

1998-1999 nfl playoffs 49ers vs Falcons- that was the 49ers last real year. They finally beat Green Bay. But Garrison Hearts got hurt in the game against the falcons
tired.gif

82126727.jpg
both times
indifferent.gif

Spurs vs Dallas 2006 playoffs game 7.
30t6p3b.gif
 Ginobili fouling Dirk and giving up the 3 point play for the tie
indifferent.gif
 Spurs were down huge that game also. 

The Dodgers vs Philly.
alien.gif

Game 7 of the 2003 ALCS:

aaron-boone-walk-off.jpg

Game 7 of the 2010 NHL Eastern Conference Semi-Finals:

simon-gagne-game-7-bruins.jpg

After the latter, I drank all-day for a week straight.

Game 7 of the 2003 ALCS:

aaron-boone-walk-off.jpg

Game 7 of the 2010 NHL Eastern Conference Semi-Finals:

simon-gagne-game-7-bruins.jpg

After the latter, I drank all-day for a week straight.

Back
Top Bottom