MonsterVerse Thread = Godzilla VS Kong : Out Now On HBO MaX & Theaters

Quick question: Do I need to see this in IMAX 3D or is regular fine?

Thanks, fam.

Each is to his own. I saw it in IMAX 3D mainly for sound quality since the movie was not shot for IMAX and the sound was fantastic. But the 3D was not needed at all. So it's up to you if you're willing to spend the extra money.

MAN YOU GUYS NEED TO USE SPOILERS.

anyways I'm going to see it right now. Is it worth getting IMAX / 3D or would normal screen be cool?

Edit: just sawthe post above. Was too busy scrolling past all the spoilers.

What did you mean sound quality ? All th theatres I go to have Dolby surround o_O

Last edited:
The theater I was in cracked up when the good doctor said Godzilla's name for the first time. Dude was speaking English perfectly the whole time and just went to Gordsilla out of nowhere :lol:

Same here :rofl:

People were laughing at a bunch of different parts in my theater lol.

anyways I'm going to see it right now. Is it worth getting IMAX / 3D or would normal screen be cool?

What did you mean sound quality ? All th theatres I go to have Dolby surround o_O
don't see how there can be spoilers on a remake of a remake of a remake of a remake of a original movie.... Agree with a lot of ppl about the fighting scene and how Godzilla was taken down.... overall it was a decent movie. didn't care for the menstrual blotted Godzilla though

It's simple fam, stay out of a movie thread on release day until you watch said movie :lol:

It's simple fam, stay out of a movie thread on release day until you watch said movie :lol:

I come into these threads to see if a movie is worth seeing tho, To the guy above... I know its a remake and all that but I don't want any ploy spoilers at all. I wanna go into it not knowing anything. You feel me ? :wink:

The scene to me that stood out, wasn't the predictable "we have to right the wrongs of the '98 Godzilla so let's put in the predictable atomic breath" atomic breath...but it was that one scene when the Muto are in china town and Aaron Taylor-Johnson turns around to see Godzilla turn around but only catches his tail before he disappears into the debris and smoke, but the lightning flashes and you see his silhouette and then he comes out and he roars and you see all in his mouth, cords moving, tongue wagging, teeth :wow: the cinematography was amazing :wow:

...only second to ASM2 >D

YUP.

The lightning then you see his silhouette. It was shot in such a way that was jaw dropping. Really shows Godzilla's power.

That was probably my single favorite shot, and of course it was in the trailer but I loved the jump scene with the red trail smoke.

He was the predator the mutos were the prey. He's been waiting and waiting and listening and once his prey appears, then so does he.

I get that but Godzilla really didn't benefit from it. Unless he low key absorbed all the radiation the Muto's had.

Most likely mothra will fight Godzilla, later on king ghaidorah shows up and mortha teams up with G.

Maybe that is just his only purpose, as mentioned before to balance things out, natures way. I don't think he is like those other mutos that absorbs radiations or else he'd be seeking it. You also have to keep in mind that they said Godzilla was just hibernating and the Russian/American Sub woke it up and then they tried to kill it and just failed. There was no indication that he craved radiation just that he got up when there was something to kill, not cause destruction. They definitely made him a hero (not even sure you can say an anti-hero) in the film and heroes really need no motivation to kick-a** outside of just saving the day.

I am also glad I was wrong in th ebox office prediction on this one, earlier reports had it at $60m opening but now it is projected at $98m-$100m.

Stomped all over Cap and Spidey.

Get that sequel rolling!

Last edited:
I am also glad I was wrong in th ebox office prediction on this one, earlier reports had it at $60m opening but now it is projected at $98m-$100m.

Stomped all over Cap and Spidey.

Get that sequel rolling!

:smh:

RFX, you mentioned the word hero, in my review I mentioned the bridge that had all the busses and the military is shouting don't fire because of the civillians and the ships all fire anyways and out of nowhere Godzilla stands up and takes every missile and bullet. I believe he was protecting those people.

You notice that scene, am I reaching????

Nah I'm with you, that was my first thought too just because it was shot with the missiles being so close and Godzilla got up just in time. It definitely felt like that. Like he sensed it coming so he got up and absorbed those hits. He even grabbed bridge's suspension cable, gave that sense that he was kind of taking care of it or something. I thought he was going to rip or break it but he just gently let it go.

Godzilla was just a big teddy bear, I don't think he killed any people.

I guess if you wanna count the people who died from falling debris.

Never seen the Godzilla franchise besides the 98 one. But why would there be a Charles Barkley reference and what is this Mothra?

Never seen the Godzilla franchise besides the 98 one. But why would there be a Charles Barkley reference and what is this Mothra?

Nike did a campaign with Barkley and Godzilla in the 90's, why that guy wanted a Barkley cameo in the movie I have no idea :lol: (how would you exactly fit him in?)

Mothra is a giant Moth that Godzilla fought back in a few of the old movies

Last edited:
Nah I'm with you, that was my first thought too just because it was shot with the missiles being so close and Godzilla got up just in time. It definitely felt like that. Like he sensed it coming so he got up and absorbed those hits. He even grabbed bridge's suspension cable, gave that sense that he was kind of taking care of it or something. I thought he was going to rip or break it but he just gently let it go.

One of the numerous gripes I had with the movie. Godzilla should've been interpreted as man's punishment for mistreating Mother Nature as opposed to "earth's protector". He should've elicited more fear than both those MUTO's but instead he was some misunderstood dinosaur who gets praised in a news headline when he saves the day. HE SHOULD'VE HAD THE WHOLE WORLD SHOOK! :smh:

Im just surprised he didnt cause more shock to people. I admit there was a lack of a catastrophic feel to the movie, as if monsters are a regular part of their lives.

The world was shook, it just so happens that the shock came along with the mutos. In the end they saw dude was fighting the bigger threat so they were more lenient.

The scientists and to an extent the army knew about Godzilla and Serizawas been preaching that Godzilla was good and you can see the general was buying into it.

In the news coverage they showed, the little that they showed, clearly showed alarm. I mean Olsen pretty much represented what people felt and saw with Godzilla/mutos, just pure distress and panic. They couldn't show the whole world in awe of Godzilla, the movie had that disaster movie feel.

One of the numerous gripes I had with the movie. Godzilla should've been interpreted as man's punishment for mistreating Mother Nature as opposed to "earth's protector". He should've elicited more fear than both those MUTO's but instead he was some misunderstood dinosaur who gets praised in a news headline when he saves the day. HE SHOULD'VE HAD THE WHOLE WORLD SHOOK! :smh:

Says who? Godzilla has fought with humans though he doesn't really like them, well more like he just doesn't care. He has also fought with humans, there have been 30+ Godzilla films and not all of them has Godzilla giving humans the atomic breath because they don't recycle. :lol:

Plus this is a different interpretation just like the numerous other Godzilla films that has change his characteristics to suit the need of the story. He has been interpreted differently many times, this isn't the XMen where Cyclops powers has to come out of his eyes, Godzillas been on both ends of the spectrum of evil to good.

What was the Mothra easter egg??!?! :nerd:

Also, to those saying Godzilla should have been using the atomic breath from the get go. it looked like to me that when he uses that power, it drains him. So he uses it when necessary.

The world was shook, it just so happens that the shock came along with the mutos. In the end they saw dude was fighting the bigger threat so they were more lenient.

The scientists and to an extent the army knew about Godzilla and Serizawas been preaching that Godzilla was good and you can see the general was buying into it.

In the news coverage they showed, the little that they showed, clearly showed alarm. I mean Olsen pretty much represented what people felt and saw with Godzilla/mutos, just pure distress and panic. They couldn't show the whole world in awe of Godzilla, the movie had that disaster movie feel.
I mean there was that poster in the little kids room in the beginnig of what looked like zilla and muto.

I just found the captain of the USS whatever to be too lax when told by the scientist that zilla would fight the mutos. They dont know Godzilla's intentions, they are just going to believe the scientist? 

Anyways, thats nitpicking. 

I got chills when Godzilla unleashed that atomic breath for the first time. 
pimp.gif

very entertaining movie. I RARELY go to the movie theaters but this one was a must and def worth it. 

Last edited:
I agree with the people who are complaining about Godzilla being the good guy and not creating enough chaos

Also, this might be me just nitpicking but there were way too many ridiculous scenes where the main character soldier survived unharmed

Back
Top Bottom