Moments That Made You Realize You’re Washed

I legit don't understand tiktok or any of the trends that pop up there. I'll be scrolling through IG and I'll watch a tiktok repost of someone doing a voice over of a random song or movie scene and some caption that is completely unrelated. Then I get annoyed that I don't know what the hell I just watched. Got to the point where I was gonna call my young cousins to explain it and that's when I knew......

Walk on the on the treadmill with an incline. On the bike if the seats not at the right height it can mess your knee up even more

I’m building my leg back up after my knee injury. At one point it was legit half the size of my left leg. Couldn’t even flex because there was no muscle there
That was my leg back then when I had my knee surgery. Muscle atrophy at its worst. Lost a lot of muscle mass and my knee would just buckle suddenly. I should had done rom exercises during that 6 weeks recovery period. Took 2 years to get it back to 90%. Now it's back to the same size prior to my surgery. Then I suffered a grade 2/3 calf tear about a year ago. Got massive calves and I don't have to do leg day considering I'm on my feet/legs atleast 8 hours in 5 days every week. Tons of walking.

litfting may not necessarily increase your metabolism, and it definitely doesn’t necessarily make cardio more efficient and/or effective, in many cases it can be the opposite…depending on what the goal is, in general, folks should probably do more resistance training with a priority towards gaining or at least maintaining muscle because muscle (up to a point) is more protective, the crazy hiit cardio is kinda unnecessary, folks would be surprised how much just walking regularly can improve their cardiovascular abilities

yea those exercise bikes & cycling in general can expose folks to a lot of bad habits that go unnoticed until problems pop up…so many variables from posture and specific ergonomics, anecdotally i know a few folk that got jacked up from doing peloton sessions that did get them in better shape but also created new issues for them
Only problem with walking for me doesn't help much with my metabolism. Hiit though works for me.

I’m to that point where I’m in better shape than most my friends my age or 10 years younger a lot of the time.

I don’t drink, sleep 7 hours a day if I can so like 80% of the time. Lift 3-5x a week and don’t work a desk job. I eat whatever I want.

I feel like you gotta make that decision or it will catch up with you. I mean yeah some people can just do whatever and be in good shape but most us gotta try. :lol:

I basically work a desk job in the winter, I just sit in a truck all day or machine. I feel it for sure coming back to actual work.

People say manual labor is bad for you but I disagree with a few exceptions. If you’re doing a job where you’re on your knees all day or something super physically taxing maybe.

I just shovel and push asphalt and dirt around and it’s basically just cardio. Doesn’t ever cause me pain.

Only problem with walking for me doesn't help much with my metabolism. Hiit though works for me.

individual results vary of course, just saying that more folks could & probably should trade their cardio sessions for lifting and just walking more, probably get better results too…

I feel like you gotta make that decision or it will catch up with you. I mean yeah some people can just do whatever and be in good shape but most us gotta try. :lol:
I know its cliche but once I started to view fitness as a journey vs a destination its helped me stay consistent. I started with simply committing 30 mins a day to riding the bike. Then I slowly incorporated lifting. Then being more conscious of how often I eat out.

I’m not in great shape but in the best shape I’ve been in a long time. Its like you said, make the decision to commit to some form of exercise daily and build from there.

People say manual labor is bad for you but I disagree with a few exceptions. If you’re doing a job where you’re on your knees all day or something super physically taxing maybe.

I just shovel and push asphalt and dirt around and it’s basically just cardio. Doesn’t ever cause me pain.
Yeah, it does depend on what physical labor. But having to deal with mental and psychologically ill people and the politics can be physiologically taxing as a whole. For me, I'd rather deal with machines, computers, and equipment rather than people. If it wasn't a crime to punch some people now and settle matters outside, it would be a great relief.

Oh ok, you made it sound like you were physically wrestling insane people. I’m like bro that’s not what I do at work.
on a hindsight, we also deal and wrestle insane people. other part is other people (sane?) complaining about how we are being physical with insane people. sometimes, I feel sympathetic towards Colonel Jessep.

I must say, I'd rather deal with insane people rather than deal with sane people that knows nothing but complain.

I need a desk job. Been on my feet since God knows when.

Desk jobs can take their physical toll. I think theres a proper form to doing everything. The way I sit in front of my work station may eventually take out my cervical spine. I have a really comfortable chair but I insist on sitting a certain way crouched foward like Im playing a hard level on a videogame because mentally I think it helps me focus more. :lol: Then theres wrist and hand issues which I havent had yet but some of my colleagues have full blown carpal tunnel.

Same with manual labor, people dont last because they are lifting wrong. Obviously doing manual labor will take your musculoskeletal system out quicker. Word to workman's comp.

I have a standing desk at the office. Haven't sat at it once since we moved into that building like 4+ years ago.

One funny story a few years back. I'm with my nephew (whose dad is a manual labor / heavy equipment operator / always dirty) and he's like 7 years old or something, and he is touching my hands and he says "Wow your hands are so soft. Have you ever done any work outside?"

I have a standing desk at the office. Haven't sat at it once since we moved into that building like 4+ years ago.

One funny story a few years back. I'm with my nephew (whose dad is a manual labor / heavy equipment operator / always dirty) and he's like 7 years old or something, and he is touching my hands and he says "Wow your hands are so soft. Have you ever done any work outside?"

Yea one of my desks is adjustable/standing. If I feel like I really need to stand at work, it means its time for me to take a walk or step away for a minute or 2.

I get montly mani-pedis. I feel like if youre doing manual labor you should be taking care of your hands and feet even more than I do. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom