Moments That Made You Realize You’re Washed

Guy goes to the gym and leisurely rides the stationary bike then wonders why he got chicken legs and gets hurt going up the stairs. Chicken legs couldn't handle that spare tire he carrying

Im exaggerating a bit about the chicken legs my legs "look" like a track athletes but there are subtle muscles around the joint I need to strengthen because Im getting old I guess.

You should just lift and eat normally. :lol:

You burn a ton of calories lifting plus you’ll add muscle mass so you can get revenge on the stair.

You burn a ton of calories lifting plus you’ll add muscle mass so you can get revenge on the stair.

This is the most fit ive been since like high school cardio-wise. Im afraid if I stop this routine Ill regress. :lol:

I took the last 2 days off and got back on today and was dying on the bike. :rofl:

Again....i think im just old. Random sh** is starting to hurt including my hips and groin area....word to lebron.

this is not true…especially compared to cardio, lifting burns barely any calories during but i guess the tradeoff is that it facilitate the body burning more calories after the session…conversely while cardio burn more calories in session the tradeoff is that is that the body burns less calories the rest of the day, it kinda balances out either way if done to the required intensity; it’s just that cardio is easier/more straightforward to grind out

the ratio of strength training to cardio just depends on the goal, generally folk do over index on cardio because it is both the quickest & most efficient way to burn calories it’s just that cardio eventually has diminishing returns such that most will fall off…

i don’t know if there is a clearer sign of being washed than the discussion of lawn care & its associated tools 🤣🤣🤣

this is not true…especially compared to cardio, lifting burns barely any calories during but i guess the tradeoff is that it facilitate the body burning more calories after the session…conversely while cardio burn more calories in session the tradeoff is that is that the body burns less calories the rest of the day, it kinda balances out either way if done to the required intensity; it’s just that cardio is easier/more straightforward to grind out

the ratio of strength training to cardio just depends on the goal, generally folk do over index on cardio because it is both the quickest & most efficient way to burn calories it’s just that cardio eventually has diminishing returns such that most will fall off…

i don’t know if there is a clearer sign of being washed than the discussion of lawn care & its associated tools 🤣🤣🤣

Well said. I used to lift daily and Ive never lost this much weight. It depends on your needs. I know im sedentary most of the day. I need to do cardio just to make up for that. Lifting burns more calories for younger people with higher metabolic rates. I gain muscle mass very easily I think my 2 days of lifting in addition to high intensity cardio is good for this old man.

I dont know if lifting is going to help my knee but ill try. I should mention my elbow and bicep hurt for no reason. Lifting didnt help.

But there is actual science to back up strenghtening the muscles around your knees of you already have underlying structural damage. My knees make crunchy sounds when i go up and down theres. I obviously have anterior compartment arthritis. :rofl:

Well said. I used to lift daily and Ive never lost this much weight. It depends on your needs. I know im sedentary most of the day. I need to do cardio just to make up for that. Lifting burns more calories for younger people with higher metabolic rates. I gain muscle mass very easily I think my 2 days of lifting in addition to high intensity cardio is good for this old man.

i want to say the cardio vs lifting in terms of calorie burnt/burned is the same regardless of age and/or metabolic rate, generally…lifting is just more sustainable in the long term and if done such that one can actually build/maintain muscle, has all these additional benefits; which isn’t to say the same isn’t true of cardio but for weight loss & maintenance, a resistance training program is probably a better option for most

*edit* the main reason doing a lot cardio kinda has people fall of is if the cardio sessions are generally more demanding than the strength training sessions, the body adapts more for the task(s) it’s given more frequent exposure to, and given that muscle is more ‘expensive’ to the body than fat folk can get skinnier while also technically getting fatter as the body start to catabolize their muscles more than their fat, and end up weaker but don’t actually notice because they aren’t actually often gauging their strength numbers*

I dont know if lifting is going to help my knee but ill try. I should mention my elbow and bicep hurt for no reason. Lifting didnt help.

But there is actual science to back up strenghtening the muscles around your knees of you already have underlying structural damage. My knees make crunchy sounds when i go up and down theres. I obviously have anterior compartment arthritis. :rofl:

knee pain & the knee making noise aren’t always related, whether or not lifting will help knee pain depends on the cause of the pain as well as how the lifting is done. whether one should train around pain or through pain is one of those things that is important to manage, especially as aging impacts ability to heal/maintain/recover…

shortening the range of motion (or using the the pain free range of motion) doing isometric holds of varying durations might (if only temporarily in the session) help your various bicep, elbow, knee pains such that you can get more work in but it is kinda dependent on what the cause(s) is for each thing

Last edited:
i want to say the cardio vs lifting in terms of calorie burnt/burned is the same regardless of age and/or metabolic rate, generally…lifting is just more sustainable in the long term and if done such that one can actually build/maintain muscle, has all these additional benefits; which isn’t to say the same isn’t true of cardio but for weight loss & maintenance, a resistance training program is probably a better option for most

knee pain & the knee making noise aren’t always related, whether or not lifting will help knee pain depends on the cause of the pain as well as how the lifting is done. whether one should train around pain or through pain is one of those things that is important to manage, especially as aging impacts ability to heal/maintain/recover…

shortening the range of motion (or using the the pain free range of motion) doing isometric holds of varying durations might (if only temporarily in the session) help your various bicep, elbow, knee pains such that you can get more work in but it is kinda dependent on what the cause(s) is for each thing

Full body MRI it is.

cop it, my wife has a Dyson hair dryer too she loves. 💇‍♀️
my lady wanted one many years ago. for the price, she could get more hair equipment for the price of a Dyson. my lady said it's all worth it investing on other many things rather than invest on 1 item. best investment as she would say it. she had an old Revlon that she still uses for a decade now and bought it like for $15 when it was new and on sale. I bought her a new one since it's not as good as it was before and we are now using it for the cat.

Put Tha Carter II on and went out to cut my backyard with my Ryobi. It was thick so taking a little more power than a normal cut. However went through a 6 Ah and 4 Ah battery before I got through "Grown Man".

Seriously reconsidering this Ryobi purchase. 35 mins On 2 batteries? Hell nah...

Did my usual hour 30 minute bike today. Knees sound like a bag of doritos but dont hurt. My right back and glutes on the other hand.

Lifting helps you burn calories by increasing your metabolism. Which in turn makes your cardio more efficient and effective. And 25-100 air squats (quarter and full) 5-7 days a week makes a big difference in your lower body and core strength

Did my usual hour 30 minute bike today. Knees sound like a bag of doritos but dont hurt. My right back and glutes on the other hand.
Walk on the on the treadmill with an incline. On the bike if the seats not at the right height it can mess your knee up even more

I’m building my leg back up after my knee injury. At one point it was legit half the size of my left leg. Couldn’t even flex because there was no muscle there

Put Tha Carter II on and went out to cut my backyard with my Ryobi. It was thick so taking a little more power than a normal cut. However went through a 6 Ah and 4 Ah battery before I got through "Grown Man".

Seriously reconsidering this Ryobi purchase. 35 mins On 2 batteries? Hell nah...

If you talking about lawn mowers, B, nothing is going to replace the power and efficiency of a gas engine unless you keep and maintain that thing real short.

Considered a battery powered lawn mower but have heard they struggle with thick or wet grass.

Lifting helps you burn calories by increasing your metabolism. Which in turn makes your cardio more efficient and effective. And 25-100 air squats (quarter and full) 5-7 days a week makes a big difference in your lower body and core strength

litfting may not necessarily increase your metabolism, and it definitely doesn’t necessarily make cardio more efficient and/or effective, in many cases it can be the opposite…depending on what the goal is, in general, folks should probably do more resistance training with a priority towards gaining or at least maintaining muscle because muscle (up to a point) is more protective, the crazy hiit cardio is kinda unnecessary, folks would be surprised how much just walking regularly can improve their cardiovascular abilities

Walk on the on the treadmill with an incline. On the bike if the seats not at the right height it can mess your knee up even more

I’m building my leg back up after my knee injury. At one point it was legit half the size of my left leg. Couldn’t even flex because there was no muscle there

yea those exercise bikes & cycling in general can expose folks to a lot of bad habits that go unnoticed until problems pop up…so many variables from posture and specific ergonomics, anecdotally i know a few folk that got jacked up from doing peloton sessions that did get them in better shape but also created new issues for them

Building more muscle mass is one thing that can increase a person's metabolic rate. Estimates suggest that every pound of muscle burns roughly six calories per day at rest

Man squats be the worse. I like that burn after though, I ain't gon lie i strut the goodies different after a sesh.

Back
Top Bottom