Moments That Made You Realize You’re Washed

Y’all gettin the “sir” treatment?

1632421934836.gif

Ran 1.5 last week and tried to Sprint at the end. It used to be like a Civic, nimble, easy to hit top speed, could stop on a dime. Now it's so foreign. I had to dig deep to come close to hitting full speed, stopping felt more like trying to brake an 18 wheeler.

unless you are an athlete you don’t need to do full sprints during a workout.
Way too easy to get hurt.

I was out and about late Friday and Saturday nights. I’m just now feeling like I’m back to normal and not tired. Lol I’m washed. I can’t do back to back late nights anymore smh.

unless you are an athlete you don’t need to do full sprints during a workout.
Way too easy to get hurt.

If you are injury prone you have to be careful with maximum efforts.

But there's some truth to the whole 'use it or lose it' adage.

Imo you should keep doing everything if / while your body still has the capacity to do so.

Lol I prefer being referred to by my first name by my trainees at work but some people don't get the hint,(possibly for cultural reasons). Which is odd cause I'm at least the same age or younger than a lot of them. :lol:

Me: you don't have to call me sir.
Him: Yes sir.

:smh:
It shouldn’t really bother you though as it’s a sign of respect. I was in the military and was also raised to say it so it’s a habit…good habit

also , it’s easier to say and easier to remember than peoples names.

For athletes and very active people yes.

But for the average person 27 to 30 is the beginning of a life of hurt and chronic issues.
Oh yeah you gon hurt in your 30s doing some athletic ****, make sure you have health insurance.
This is a very unproductive way to think to put it kindly. I went thru the injury bug at a young age so I legit feel better now than I did in high school and college. There's nothing inherent about having a 30th birthday (or 27th :smh:) where your body just automatically breaks down other than neglect and inactivity.

DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican talk to em

No one said a number changes anything, but I used to work out pretty consistently, 4-6 days a week and didn't have my first injury till I was 31. It's just common sense your body can't handle the same load.

That being said starting something new that's 'athletic' in your 30's is looking for problems...

I started Jiu Jitsu at 30 and that **** has been a disaster :lol:

No one said a number changes anything, but I used to work out pretty consistently, 4-6 days a week and didn't have my first injury till I was 31. It's just common sense your body can't handle the same load.
I don't think it's common sense, more of a case by case basis. I'm lifting weights more consistent now than ever and on pace for heavier loads. Pause. When I first got back in the gym yea I felt semi washed but really was just outta shape. Paced myself for a good 2-3 months before really digging in. There's a 71 year old at my gym that be hooping full court 2-3 times a week :lol:. Of course he don't really be doing **** but that's still impressive

I haven't been near a basketball court in years. I'm scared. My boy who runs marathons just tore his Achilles. My brother who is 4 years younger than me tore his quad. I'm just gonna stick to my regular gym schedule. Not with the weekend warrior sh**

I work out at a university campus gym and get tempted to get on the court sometimes then I remember we still in a plague and my knees ain't built like that anymore.
I tore my Achilles at 29 in the best shape of my life but by that age I had a ton of mileage on my body being a collegiate athlete and having played sports my whole life. Its been almost 10 years and I bounced back and maintained a high level of fitness since then but I’d be lying if I said I don’t get nervous about doing anything at a really high intensity. I ran track in college and wouldn’t dream about all out sprinting today. 😂

I honestly believe That getting in your 30s you’re barely getting into your prime.
more money
Grown man strength
Thicker beards
Growing your style
Knowledge
Chicks love older guys.
Another question though, how y’all Haír doing?
I’m lucky mine still intact.

Knock on woods, I have been active my entire life and haven't had any serious injuries as an adult.

I think I might go get my knees drained though, there is a lot of fluid built up from years of abuse.

5 years ago, while playing rec league, a teammate tore his Achilles right in front of me. Since then, I have always thought about getting hurt.

Before hoopin, when I did, I would spend a least 20 minutes warming up. A dynamic warm up and not some 7th grade CYO stretches. My motto was to be like KG AND BE In a full sweat before stepping into the court.

But it also starts in the kitchen. Some of yall abuse y'alls bodies with poor eating habits.

Ahh, you just started back and talking like you CT Fletcher now, you gotta relax. Plus you don't know that man's health history and nagging injuries.
I mean I was working out before covid. I aint new to this :lol:. I know my own health history is my point and if I had that same mindset I'd be licking my wounds and talking about how washed I am. A big chunk of it is mental and if you have a strong mind the body will follow

I mean I was working out before covid. I aint new to this :lol:. I know my own health history is my point and if I had that same mindset I'd be licking my wounds and talking about how washed I am. A big chunk of it is mental and if you have a strong mind the body will follow
I feel you but seems like you're stretching what is essentially "be more cognizant of how your body works and have health insurance" far over to "ahh geez, I can' t do it" which isn't the case.

think i had one of every fathers worst fears come true the other night :lol:

i decided to clean out an old closet the other night and got to top shelf where i used to keep personal and valuable stuff i didn't want my kids touchin (baseball cards ,comics, etc). my kids are all older now and were helping me, gettin a kick outta all the old stuff when all of a sudden i hear "whats this ? ewwww dad" !! :frown:

my oldest daughter found my old box of xxx dvd's , lotta classics :lol: did'nt even remember they were up there. my son was lookin at me like , fam u gonna pass those down ? my daughters were laughing hysterically, my wife not so much. i passed a couple to my boy ( he's 17 now and very curious) and threw the rest out :ohwell:

just lookin at those dvd's had me crackin up , realizing how long ago they were made, the clothes, the silver jewlery and women. i haven't seen my son for the last 2 days btw :lol: hurt like hell tho to throw them out but the point of all this made me realize how much time has passed, how all that is a click away now and how much time i put into those days :lol::ohwell: my girls btw are 24 and 22 in case anyone starts talkin **** ...

washed level +5

You might need to send your son a case of water. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom