Mitchell Report Press conference at 2; Clemens to be named

meb07

Banned
pimp.gif

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3150733

What's the over/under on current/former Orioles players on the list?

current + former, ill put it at about 7-10 (new names, not ones that weve already heard).

They are hyping this up like a shoe release...

But newayz I'm waitin 4 this...should be interesting...I just hope none of my Fightin Phils is on it...

(Side Note: if Griffey is in this, I just might cry nh)

Originally Posted by SoHi 23

That dude Buster Olney said there are between 60 and 80 names in the report
eek.gif

That's not that many names. You have 700+ players in the league on active rosters at any one time. Carry that back to the early 1990s, and you'reprobably talking about 3500-4500 different guys who have been through the majors.
No matter what, I'm not going to be impressed with any part of the report unless there is HARD evidence that guys were using.

That's not that many names. You have 700+ players in the league on active rosters at any one time. Carry that back to the early 1990s, and you're probably talking about 3500-4500 different guys who have been through the majors.
No matter what, I'm not going to be impressed with any part of the report unless there is HARD evidence that guys were using.

^ Agreed. I don't know who is going to be mentioned, but it seems like we've already had dang near 50-something current players outed in the past 3years now. You have to assume THEY are in the report. And if that's true then we arent exactly looking at a ton of new players.

Ill stand by my thinking of everyone is going to be "disappointed" when it's all over with. Especially with the stonewalling Mitchell has had for2 years now from almost everyone involved in the game. But we shall see.

^ for sure. i'm still excited to see that list that mitchell comes up with. should be interesting to see how mlb reacts to it as well

It'll be nice to get the names out in the open once and for all. Everyone can crack jokes for a few days, and then everyone will move on to the next topicto joke about. Should be interesting.

That dude Buster Olney said there are between 60 and 80 names in the report

Now that Selig has hold of the list, it's probably altered so that Barry Bonds name is mentioned 60-80 times.

Watch it be like 65-70 scrubs who shuffle between the minors and the show....

And David Segui....

I just want to see:

Rocket
Shilling
Miggy Tejada
David Ortiz

(all of whom prolly won't even be on there)

I know this is suppose to be this "BIG OL" in depth report but how reliable and factual is it or will it be?

I would hate to see a player get blasted over some hearsay that gets put in the report as truth.

and i dont really like baseball but i can see someone like A rod who may have not done steroids get put on the report causecanseco or some other player is jealous of his talent.

Sadly Canseco, the ONE GUY who is credible on speaking on this subject and the players involved in it, was not even contacted by Mitchell's team one time.He came out and said so recently.

Things like this make me laugh.

Back
Top Bottom