Mission Impossible 5: Rogue Nation 07/31/15 Trailer PG1

I feel like his name is still tarnished because of the scientology stuff

His team has done a good job of downplaying his Scientology involvement.
Nowadays you see him being super chill in public, nice guy Tom, no couch antics.

Clear drop off with 2 and 1.. then I'd say 3 and 5 are together below 4 and 6

If I had to group em in tiers

Bought IMAX tickets for yesterday early afternoon but missed my showing (long story), and had to "settle" for a 3D showing since IMAX was sold out for the remainder of the day. Nevertheless, I loved it. I like that the filmed called back to previous films in the franchise.

Saw it yesterday, LOVED it
Trying not to be a prisoner of the moment and my rankings may change but
Rogue Nation
Fallout
Ghost Protocol
MI3
MI
MI2

Rogue nation gets a ton of respect because McQuarrie and Cruise worked without a shooting script, while shooting the movie, they had the stunts planned, like the underwater thing, but they didn't know what Hunt was supposed to be stealing. They pretty much made it up and the fact that it spawned a direct sequel with the same director(both that made me skeptical) I think I have to keep RN at 1. Ilsa was such a nice addition too.

Fallout was an entire stunt fest and I really liked the story. the last 15-20 minutes of the movie really went to a whole new level to me. I thought I had an idea of how the that stuff would play out, I had no idea and the angles shown, just to let you know cruise is the one doing the stunts:pimp: I'll always remember in Minority Report that Cruise argued with Spielberg about blowing that one air bubble in the tub when his character was about to get got by the spiders. Cruise couldn't do it and Spielberg wanted to CGI it in. Cruise told Spielberg to give him a day to learn how to do and this motha****** taught himself how to blow air bubbles out his damn nostrils for a 5 second sequence.

Scientologist, crazy, whatever, The man is a legend and GOAT at what he does and I've always gotten my moneys worth when I see his films. I'm legit gonna be sad when he has to step down from these films. He's gotta anoint the next guy and whoever that person is they gotta be prepared to do all their own stunts man. This might be a franchise where I'd "back to the future" it, meaning once it's done, it's done, just put it in the archives, no reboots, no remakes.
-Almost felt like a soft reboot with the killing off of Hunley(will Brandt now be the head?) and with the White Widow being a new "Max" type of character.
-The Bathroom fight had me thinking they were taking on a whole group of guys, it was just 3 people :lol::wow: great misdirection from the trailers
-They always get me with the mask use or I always figure it out right when the character figures it out:lol: Right when when he was like "IMF is Halloween, just a bunch of grown men running around in....":lol:
-

Saw it this weekend... got up after the movie and realized the back of my shirt was soaked. I was 100% into the movie's last act.

Every action scene had me thinking this dude is truly risking his life, and all it takes is for him to lose his grip or bounce off something and it's over.

I remember hearing or reading something that talked about this elite track coach discussing running and sprinting scenes in movies that made these actors/scenes look believable. His two best examples are Tom Hanks in Forrest Gump and Tom Cruise in the M.I. movies. He said something like Cruise had a form that looked like he was trained by elite coaches. I've always noticed he has his hips forward, knees high, shoulders back, head high, and pushes off the front of his feet. Dude probably thought on his own to get that type of training for the role.

I have never seen a guy take so much physical punishment to make a movie.

when talking about running in films, this scene always comes to mind :

Last edited:
I know all these movies end the same.

I know Ethan is gonna survive.

But this MF gets me everytime!

Had me in my seat like.....

tenor-2.gif

His endurance in this movie was on Sonic The Head Chog.

He literallly sprinted with perfect form across the city at one point.

Wouldn't say perfect form..

but his ability to hold up that long in an all out sprint after hurting himself AND then hold on to the bottom of the elevator and carry on a convo without losing his breath (or being completely winded) is extremely impressive

i guess renner turned down the appearance so he is open to return in the future sequels...

MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE - FALLOUT: Jeremy Renner Was Offered A Crucial Role But Ultimately Turned It Down

During a spoiler interview with Fallout director Christopher McQuarrie, the visionary spilled the info regarding the situation.

Jeremy had his commitment to Avengers, which ironically they ended up not exercising . . . So I said to Renner, ‘Hey listen, I have this idea for an opening sequence where you sacrifice yourself to save the team, and that the mission-gone-wrong not only involves losing the plutonium, but involves the death of a team member.’ And Jeremy was like, ‘Thanks, but no thanks’ . . . He was smart not to take the short paycheck for three days of work and getting blown up.

Back
Top Bottom