Mission Impossible 5: Rogue Nation 07/31/15 Trailer PG1

I honestly lost interest in the MI movies after ghost protocol,
Excited to see this one because of Henry cavill aka Superman

I can't wait to see this.. I love the Mission Impossible movies and I'm already dying to see it in Dolby Atmos

Just got my Tickets, seeing it sunday(29th) matinee in a Dolby theater
Pretty Hyped, was watching rogue nation last night for review

HauntingWatchfulAustralianfurseal-size_restricted.gif

first one was great though i am not going to lie, it took a few viewing for me to understand what was actually happening and whether Hunt knew he was framed or not

second one was good and Ang Lees choreography was great though and that final chase scene and ending up in that beach fight with Toms hair was shot awesomely though this is probably second to last for me

third one was still good but might be the lowest point of the series, action wasn't as good and story was just alright, spy part wasn't so great

fourth one was back to better action and better plot, that skyscraper scene and cinematography to the chase in the sandstorm, renners character twist and that chase scene in the end was the goods

fifth one took it up a notch, water/reservoir scene, bike chase, twist and turns in the story, all were good

looks like the sixth ones going to be the best one yet

got to agree though that the story pretty much has something to do with being disavowed outside of maybe the second one, this new one looks to touch up on that and even mentioning in the trailers how many more times Hunts agency is going to turn on him so hopefully the next one is more of a pure spy-caper film and just action-filled

can't wait to catch it this weekend

98% :wow:
Sometimes i feel these companies pay RT..... No way this movie is THAT good.
I'll check it out eventually.

PO
It just means most critics loved it.

Subjective taste still in play.

I expect greatness just going off the last two movies.

One of the best action movies I've ever seen... I might calm down after I sleep on it.. but man.. those set pieces were incredible. I would have immediately gone in to a second showing if I didn't have work in the morning.

This was easily one of the best action movies I've ever seen and one of the best theater experiences ever. The action set pieces were unbelievable. The fake out in the beginning, the bathroom scene, the chase through Paris, the rooftop chases, the helicopter scenes... were all individually incredible. The Paris motorcycle chase, in particular, might be the best movie chase I've ever seen... and it's immediately one of the all-time chases.

The franchise is really unique because it can build these characters, moments, and this world, without relying on each movie as an essential part of the experience. I haven't seen the first 3 Mission Impossible movies in years, but I can still feel the significance when he sees Julia and when he has to save Luther's life. And I'd say the biggest complaint of the franchise, the formulaic plot, doesn't even matter because it's executed so well. It's the same concept as any superhero, James Bond, Jason Bourne, etc., so it's not really valid unless you want to point out ALL genre cliches or formulas as a criticism.

The characters were excellent and the actors delivered so much in the opportunities given. Ving Rhames, Cruise, Ferguson, Baldwin, and Monaghan, all delivered knockout scenes with very little time or in between large action scenes.. and they resonated too. I'm going to cut myself off because I'm just going to keep typing about how amazing this movie was... oh yeah Henry Cavill played that role exactly as we wanted and expected... great addition.

Just finished watching it and it didn’t disappoint. Dope movie from start to finish. I know people will say it’s predictable but there’s still ”oh ****” moments with the story and this movie knows what it does well, and does that. Definitely check it out.

Back
Top Bottom