MINNESOTA TWINS Official 2010 Season Thread (94-67) >>> First round Sweep. What else.

Originally Posted by houser34

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

man I've been following the Twins really closely this year. Love the new ball park, you guys are good, once Baker and Slowey get locked in you guys could run away with the Central
Hopefully we can, then we could celebrate earlier in the season and we won't start our playoff series against you guys hungover from the night before.

7620_1240872710495_1489635060_30675176_199321_n.jpg

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Walks in a run with no outs.
laugh.gif

This has potential to get ugly. Bases jacked for Cuddyer and Kubel to feast on.
sick.gif
Lets go.

bullpen is about to come into effect. lets hope we dont mess this one up. if the twins want to win it. it would be right now.

idk why, but every time Morneau comes up lately, I just don't feel confident...I expect a K or a popout.

wow. i really thought the bullpen was gonna do it again. but Bert came thru with another bomber.

soria with the save.

Originally Posted by JPZx

Originally Posted by houser34

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

man I've been following the Twins really closely this year. Love the new ball park, you guys are good, once Baker and Slowey get locked in you guys could run away with the Central
Hopefully we can, then we could celebrate earlier in the season and we won't start our playoff series against you guys hungover from the night before.

7620_1240872710495_1489635060_30675176_199321_n.jpg

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

This picture being taken a mere 13 hours before a playoff game.
laugh.gif

just got back from the game. i have been to all three series, including the cardinals pre-season. man i looove my season tickets, especially now that i am back home, had to see bad mariners games the past few years...

One of the most boring 5-1 wins ever, but I'll take it.

Great outing by Slowey. Probably could have gone the full nine but putting Duensing in there wasn't a bad move either. With those two screws in Slowey's wrist there's no need to push him this early in the season.

Liriano vs. Huff tomorrow.

No matter what the history of the player is, Gardenhire NEVER lets pitchers go the full nine.

He pulled that crap with Santana all the flippin' time. Let's him dominate for 8 innings, then for no reason at all takes him out. Sometimes they even blew the game. In Santana's Cy Young years in Minny he could've had so many complete games.

The Twins are very strict about keeping their pitchers on a pitch count. I have no problem with that. If the pitcher has a low pitch count entering the ninth, Gardy does keep them in there. There were probably a handful of complete games last season so I wouldn't say he NEVER let's the pitchers go the full nine.

Look at Mark Prior, Dusty Baker ran him into the ground. I'm all for prolonging the careers of our starting pitchers. Besides, it's good for the relievers to get in some work to keep off the rust.

laugh.gif
ya don't bring that stuff up to Blyleven, he'll explode again.  Dude cannot stand the current way the Twins handle their staff and rumor has it that is why Bert has never been on their pitching staff despite being a borderline HOFer and around the team day and night for 10 years as an announcer.

I'm not going to question the Twins philosophy but I do agree it gets a tad annoying sometimes.  No one is saying "let's treat everyone like Prior."  That's an extreme.  But when pitchers are rollin, show no sign up letting up, and have barely even (or not even) hit the 100 pitch count and you just automatically say that's it without any critical thinking, then well.....

They have confidence at all times in their bullpen I guess.

Pitchers these days though have so much pressure taken off them and that is what slays guys like Bert.

CUDDYER
fbf36fb416ee89745435e76d4a9ab18127789e96.gif

Liriano pitching well so far. Nice to see him not crumble under pressure when he got into that jam last inning too. That was a big issue with him last year.

Back
Top Bottom