Military Discount

I decided to contact footlocker, champssports, footaction, and finishline about their military discount polocies so far this is what i have received back.

FTA: Footaction Feedback Form
5507360-10247105

Dear Richard,

Thank you for your email.

Instore we do a 20% discount with a military ID. Over the phone and
online we will honor a 10% discount (with a valid military email address
or shipping address) since we do not have access to view the military
ID. If you wish to place the order online, you would need to contact us
afterwards so we can apply the discount. If you call in your order, you
will  need to let us know you would like to take advantage of that
discount. The military discount is like any other promotions that we
run, we can not combine it with any other promotion.

Please let us know if we can assist you further.

Sincerely,

Ashley J.
eCustomer Care

Champs: Champs Sports FeedBack Form
5507577-10247553

Hello SSG Ballard,

Thank you for your email.

For online orders, we can offer a 10% off $50 or more  discount, using
source code LKS10AFD. For instore purchases, please contact the store
directly to determine what discount is offered.

Please let us know if we can assist you further.

Sincerely,

Mary W.
eCustomer Care

FTL:

[table][tr][td]From:[/td][td]eCare - Foot Locker ([email protected])[/td][/tr][tr][td]Sent:[/td][td]Wed 12/04/13 7:28 AM[/td][/tr][tr][td]To:[/td][td]Richard Ballard ([email protected])[/td][/tr][/table]

Code:
Date: 12/4/13 07:28:41 AMSubject: Foot Locker FeedBack Form5507050-10246466 Dear SSG Ballard, Thank you for your email. We are excited to announce that our Military Discount Promotion is expanding with the help of SheerID! SheerID is a third-party verification service that will allow us to instantly validate a customer’s military status before giving a discount. This validation step will be seamlessly implemented at store locations, online and in the CCC. Active-duty members, their dependents and Veterans will qualify for a 20% off promotion across all of our brands and locations, including web and phone orders. This new program will replace all previous military promotions, creating a unified experience for service-members. Store divisions will be rolling out with this process first and will go into effect for online/phone orders early next year. Here is how the process will work in the store: Store Associate asks for customer’s name as it appears on their MilitaryID during the checkout process. Customer verifies the name on the Pin Pad and then selects a status: Active/Dependent or Retired/Veteran. Customer enters their date of birth on the Pin Pad. Authorization is received automatically and the discount is applied.  Please let us know if we can assist you further. Sincerely, Chee Y.eCustomer Care

FNL:

Dear SSG Ballard, R,

Thanks for contacting Finish Line to discuss our military discount program. I am Sirrea, your Customer Care representative, and I am here to help. Finish Line offers our military discount in certain stores located near large military communities. The discount is currently not offered online. The Military discount is offered to active military personnel and their families, including legal spouses and dependent children only.

If you need anything else, please e-mail us or call 1-888-777-3949.

Thanks for choosing Finish Line.

With best regards,

Sirrea Hayes

Customer Care Department
Finish Line USA, Inc.
3308 N. Mitthoeffer Road
Indianapolis, IN 46235
www.finishline.com
1-888-777-3949
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter

Now I contacted each and everyone a 2nd time and asked what exclusions and time restraints that had short of champs which specifically said it's a store by store basis, once i have those responses I will post them here.

10% flat out everywhere out my way.
well I started this so we could all work together because it's hard to fight black and white from what i have learned, none of the stores around me(el paso, tx) do military discount unless the shoe is on sale or unless the shoe is like a couple wks old where as when i was at newport news, va the footlocker's gave it on everything no matter what. My hometown of Killeen, TX say's they flat out refuse to give military discount period because they would lose to much money due to the large population of military there, smdh i'd even be happy with 10% but nothing sucks

well I started this so we could all work together because it's hard to fight black and white from what i have learned, none of the stores around me(el paso, tx) do military discount unless the shoe is on sale or unless the shoe is like a couple wks old where as when i was at newport news, va the footlocker's gave it on everything no matter what. My hometown of Killeen, TX say's they flat out refuse to give military discount period because they would lose to much money due to the large population of military there, smdh i'd even be happy with 10% but nothing sucks
Im in the 757.

Military Circle Mall honors 15-30% off depending on the store. Shoe City comes in clutch. Just cant do it on new Jordan releases (first 5 days or so)

Im in the 757.

Military Circle Mall honors 15-30% off depending on the store. Shoe City comes in clutch. Just cant do it on new Jordan releases (first 5 days or so)
the Newport News mall did the 20% on everything as well as the Footlocker on Jefferson/Mecury atleast when i left in July they were doing it on everything, jordans, lebrons, release day just everything

the Newport News mall did the 20% on everything as well as the Footlocker on Jefferson/Mecury atleast when i left in July they were doing it on everything, jordans, lebrons, release day just everything
Releases sit longer across the water than on my side of the beach. Lynnhaven and MacArthur isnt worth a damn. Best shopping is out the News. You got the juice bro 
nthat.gif

Repped+

Here in the 757, everybody is military, so it's a crap shoot when it comes to hyped releases. Most Mom and Pop's (Zie Spot), will hit you with the stoneface if you ask.
But everything else is pretty much 10-20%.

Did you try NDC and Eastbay?

Repped+

Here in the 757, everybody is military, so it's a crap shoot when it comes to hyped releases. Most Mom and Pop's (Zie Spot), will hit you with the stoneface if you ask.

Zie Spot tried to tax me $500 for safari trainers 2 years ago. I only deal with the one at MacArthur. Nice little sleeping spot.

Repped+

I didn't because I don't have any nike stores other than an outlet that gets nothing by me but I gonna email eastbay now that I see their sister stores are going to be starting an online process, and the crazy thing was the military created the shoe hype, we was lining up for sat. releases to be able to buy from footlocker to use the MD before the civ's brought everything out since FNL and Champs would

Zie Spot tried to tax me $500 for safari trainers 2 years ago. I only deal with the one at MacArthur. Nice little sleeping spot.

Back in the day, when they were in Tower Mall, they were the end all be all when it came to kicks. That's where all the local dope boy's would cop the Foamposite's when they first dropped. I remember seeing Biz Markie walking in and buying the whole wall, "Streets is Watching" style. They move to MacArthur when they tore the mall down and got all high and mighty. Nice people though.

I didn't because I don't have any nike stores other than an outlet that gets nothing by me but I gonna email eastbay now that I see their sister stores are going to be starting an online process, and the crazy thing was the military created the shoe hype, we was lining up for sat. releases to be able to buy from footlocker to use the MD before the civ's brought everything out since FNL and Champs would

True, military dudes were also selling pairs that had just copped on discount in the parking lot :lol:

I've never heard of Nike's website offering discount match.

Last edited:
I keep forgetting about the FL on Jefferson/Mercury.

I usually go cop from Patrick Henry anyways though, almost every shoe store in there honors military, like homie said above it ranges from 10-20%.

I keep forgetting about the FL on Jefferson/Mercury.

I usually go cop from Patrick Henry anyways though, almost every shoe store in there honors military, like homie said above it ranges from 10-20%.
that's why I miss being stationed at ft Eustis I didn't pay retail for anything, but now that i'm here in TX it's like all the rules are different, so screw this i'm bout to make these stores be like those NN stores lol

No discounts in EL Paso? I'm currently stationed out here and the shoes stores in both malls offer discounts for us. Pretty much every store in El Paso gives discounts.

Also, try hitting up the Px on post. They recently had the Oreos for $130 on release day. They gave out tickets and all that.

No discounts in EL Paso? I'm currently stationed out here and the shoes stores in both malls offer discounts for us. Pretty much every store in El Paso gives discounts.
don't get me wrong I've gotten military discount on shoes here they just have to have been there a while or be something non popular, but you're not getting them on Jordan retro, LeBron or kobe's, foams on release date, and that's what I was getting at the foot locker in VA, for instance I went to champs yesterday and was about to get the CJ81J Megatron transformers edition and they said they haven't been out long enough for military discount.

I definitely get why military gets a discount and have no issue with it. But I've wondered for years why other important, civil servant type professions don't get one (teachers, cops, firefighters, etc.). *shrugs*

Around my way they give you the military discount if you look like a military dude. :lol: One of the perks of living near a base I guess.

I definitely get why military gets a discount and have no issue with it. But I've wondered for years why other important, civil servant type professions don't get one (teachers, cops, firefighters, etc.). *shrugs*

Around my way they give you the military discount if you look like a military dude.
laugh.gif
One of the perks of living near a base I guess.
personally I only think we get discounts because of the low prices for shoes at the px, last yr I won the raffle for the bred xi and how much did it cost at the nex.....$120 even though the box did say $150 but still way under the $180 price tag that the malls were selling them for, and I know in Killeen no stores give military discount on anything that has a release date anymore because they say their whole business is military and they would go broke, I call BS but it is what it is and a big reason why I started trying to get all the info

Bruh, I'm from Killeen too, EHS, won't say what year (give away my age), but yeah my mom used to work at good ol' Darnell. Anyway fam, I believe that the shoe stores in Killeen Mall do what they want because I get military discount there, but I haven lt brought anything there in years because I don't live there. But when I pass through if rather cop at the PX anyway.

Bruh, I'm from Killeen too, EHS, won't say what year (give away my age), but yeah my mom used to work at good ol' Darnell. Anyway fam, I believe that the shoe stores in Killeen Mall do what they want because I get military discount there, but I haven lt brought anything there in years because I don't live there. But when I pass through if rather cop at the PX anyway.
KHS '99 but yeah I worked at FTL back in the day ('98) and we gave military discount on everything, but I was buying my daughter the low xi and they refused to give me military discount giving me the excuses I posted earlier

FTL: Hello SSG Ballard,

Thank you for your email. According to our records, the military discount works on all item except the very few items that are excluded from discount. Most of the time, it is the really popular Jordan Retro's, Nike Kobe 8's, Nike Lebron 11's, and some Under Armour items. Al the excluded items are noted on the website in the description of the item. Please let us know if we can assist you further. Sincerely, David M. eCustomer Care

and with this email right here i'm gonna go get them KD Wheat's and demand discount
laugh.gif

From what I have seen, all new Release Retro Jordans and Foams are excluded. If they don't sell, they let you have the 20%. If a store does not want to give you a discount on a popular sneaker, I'm sure only the DM will be able to let you have it. The online will probably have no say so in what the store is doing.

I know some place in NYC excluded the Uptowns, Foams and Retro J's. Lebron and Kobes never been excluded, but I see that now they are starting too .....

Same with premium wheat timbs, some store do and others don't. Just depend on the manage!

Around my way they give you the military discount if you look like a military dude.
laugh.gif
One of the perks of living near a base I guess.
Trust that all those occupations you mention get discount at major retail stores as well. Example Models, they give Cops discount but didnt to Military - not sure if that change. In addition, I have seen many Cops, EMS, Firefighters get free food and beverage from many stores for free. I'm sure there has to be a policy against it, but it doesnt stop them from doing it.

20% everywhere plus can use with discounts and coupons. Gotta love that aloha glee

Back
Top Bottom