Mighty Morphin Power Rangers Movie (Reboot Announced)

PR had a big drop off this week at the box office. It's made 97 mill on a 100 mill budget so far. Those sequel hopes are getting thin

Anyone who wanted to see the film already saw it last weekend. 
The thing is it didn't open particularly big. So it makes it worse. A 65% drop is big. Kong was 53% and Logan was 55% and they opened much bigger. Also foreign isn't really helping the movie either.

Last edited:
Finally got around to seeing this movie yesturdeay with my girl. Movie was flames! Her and I both enjoyed it very much. We were both cheering, laughing, and crying ( her, not me ) all during it. I legit got Breakfast club vibes from this movie. I loved the dynamic between all 5 of the rangers. My boy RJ Cyler stole the show, but for being unknown actors they all did a great job. Liz as Rita was dope. I liked the zords and I didn't mind the cgi. For me the muman element was the most important part of the movie. And of course I geeked out and the cameos at the end of the movie. Overall a solid 6/8 for me. I enjoyed the movie much more than I thought I would. Will be adding the movie to the collection. 
That megazord pimp slap had me dying. Bit*h didn't have ma gold!

Last edited:
woah i'm reading this article on 40 shocking reasons certain actors left shows and this one was 24:

24/40 Billy the Blue Ranger (David Yost) wasn't fired from The Power Rangers, but he randomly walked off the set during his lunch break one day and never came back.

Turns out, the crew had been harassing him for years about his sexual orientation and he'd been contemplating suicide. After he left the show, he put himself in conversion therapy for two years, then finally accepted his sexual orientation after a psychological breakdown.

woah i'm reading this article on 40 shocking reasons certain actors left shows and this one was 24:

24/40 Billy the Blue Ranger (David Yost) wasn't fired from The Power Rangers, but he randomly walked off the set during his lunch break one day and never came back.

Turns out, the crew had been harassing him for years about his sexual orientation and he'd been contemplating suicide. After he left the show, he put himself in conversion therapy for two years, then finally accepted his sexual orientation after a psychological breakdown.
Yeah that's a pretty known thing. If you watch his "farewell" it's through a blurry screen on Aquitar and he doesn't actually talk

I wanna say only Tommy and Kim got actual real send offs. Everybody else just quit or were fired

Damn, I didn't know that either but I stopped caring about PR with In Space.

The next iteration was too dumb for me and by then I was fully in to manga and anime.

Knowing about OG Billy living the alternative lifestyle, I found it interesting how movie Billy got his nickname

Last edited:

So he had 4 fingers this entire time and I never noticed?

Damn, camera tricks.
I was shocked when I found out too. they did a dam good job of hiding it.
It was never really hidden. It was one of those things where if you weren't looking for it, you never noticed it. It wasn't until a friend of mine in middle school pointed it out to me, I could never unsee it 
laugh.gif

Lol this loser really did grow his hair out... bro you promote yourself so much everyone knows who you are short hair or not.

I would've loved to see the OG rangers play their roles in the og movie

Yeah the movie had Adam and Aisha it. Trini and Zack was long gone. Wasn't Rocky in the movie too?

My question is, why wasn't the OG black ranger in the OG movie?

I could've sworn someone posted how all the OG rangers got invited to have a cameo but because it was a generic invite they said no except for jdf and Amy.

View media item 2391954

Nah I'm saying how come he wasn't in the OG movie but was replaced with a white/Asian kid instead
Yeah they were long gone. The OG cast did all of season 1, which was like 60 episodes. Then they did around 8 episodes of season 2. During that time Zack trini and Jason brought up more money etc and they were canned. This was 1994 I believe. Aish, Rocky and Adam were brought in so they ended up finishing season 2 and 3. The movie came out in 1995, so basically toward the middle/end of season 3

Yeah the movie had Adam and Aisha it. Trini and Zack was long gone. Wasn't Rocky in the movie too?

My question is, why wasn't the OG black ranger in the OG movie?

I could've sworn someone posted how all the OG rangers got invited to have a cameo but because it was a generic invite they said no except for jdf and Amy.

View media item 2391954

Nah I'm saying how come he wasn't in the OG movie but was replaced with a white/Asian kid instead
Yeah they were long gone. The OG cast did all of season 1, which was like 60 episodes. Then they did around 8 episodes of season 2. During that time Zack trini and Jason brought up more money etc and they were canned. This was 1994 I believe. Aish, Rocky and Adam were brought in so they ended up finishing season 2 and 3. The movie came out in 1995, so basically toward the middle/end of season 3

damn..if they had just chilled for like 6 more months, could've gotten that motion picture money. could've been on the cover of Essence.

Back
Top Bottom