Michael Jackson 1958-2009..................... Memorial Set for July 7th at Staples Center

Originally Posted by kix4kix

It wasn't just his music, it was his persona. He had the life of Benjamin Button A young kid who carried himself with the persona of a 50 year old, and a man who acted as if he was 12 year old.

Mike consoled me when my Mother wasn't there, who hasn't been grateful when listening to MJ belt out "I'll be there"...I mean not a time have I heard that song, and not believed Mike to actually be there, in death is no different. As I listen to the song while typing this, it seems only ironic that Mike himself had nobody there for him. He was gone before he left. No medicine could have helped him, and no "treatment"...Sure he could have lived longer, but Mike had issues that far surpassed physical treatment. It seems that God has a thing for those with too much talent for this world.

Music is the soundtrack to life, and Mike was the soundtrack to mine. So many times as a young child, I sat in my bed crying through things I went through which I will spare you the details of, regardless I had Mike in the Back chanting "you are not alone" He was ALWAYS with me...I can barely finish to type this as I am literally balling. To those of you who can't see the impact fine. Nobody is forcing you to cry, or even care about his death. Just let those of us who were affected have our moment. I can still remember my Mom balling when Princess Diana died, did I care? No, but I sure didn't ask her why she cared so much. You don't get it.....Fine.

As a fan who never left Mikes side, through the speculation and all of the corny jokes made by comedians who ran out of things to talk about. I love him. He had more than just 7 brothers, he had millions. I never met MJ, but I knew him, as I am sure so many out here on NT can relate to as well. I was born after most of his work so Age has nothing to do with it. Certain people transcend boundaries, MJ was one of em.

From the kid who couldn't stop smiling, to the man who couldn't grow up. MJ was my hero.

His escape was music, and his music was my escape.
Let them know.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

still hasn't sunk in. Glad to see this thread is still flowing with posts.(ignorant people stay ignorant. That's the future. I'm glad I'm notone of y'all. Nut huggin jean era wearing peeps
laugh.gif
)

Great videos, keep in coming. The greatest of all time.

Is it safe to say that he was our generation's Beatles? The Beatles and Elvis rocked the 60's and 70's and what an impact they left.

Mike was the best hands downs down.. From the Moonwalker VHS... the Lisa it's your birthday Simpsons episode... to listening to his records while cleaningthe house on Saturday mornings as a shorty.

Originally Posted by Pill Clinton

It wasn't just his music, it was his persona. He had the life of Benjamin Button A young kid who carried himself with the persona of a 50 year old, and a man who acted as if he was 12 year old.

Mike consoled me when my Mother wasn't there, who hasn't been grateful when listening to MJ belt out "I'll be there"...I mean not a time have I heard that song, and not believed Mike to actually be there, in death is no different. As I listen to the song while typing this, it seems only ironic that Mike himself had nobody there for him. He was gone before he left. No medicine could have helped him, and no "treatment"...Sure he could have lived longer, but Mike had issues that far surpassed physical treatment. It seems that God has a thing for those with too much talent for this world.

Music is the soundtrack to life, and Mike was the soundtrack to mine. So many times as a young child, I sat in my bed crying through things I went through which I will spare you the details of, regardless I had Mike in the Back chanting "you are not alone" He was ALWAYS with me...I can barely finish to type this as I am literally balling. To those of you who can't see the impact fine. Nobody is forcing you to cry, or even care about his death. Just let those of us who were affected have our moment. I can still remember my Mom balling when Princess Diana died, did I care? No, but I sure didn't ask her why she cared so much. You don't get it.....Fine.

As a fan who never left Mikes side, through the speculation and all of the corny jokes made by comedians who ran out of things to talk about. I love him. He had more than just 7 brothers, he had millions. I never met MJ, but I knew him, as I am sure so many out here on NT can relate to as well. I was born after most of his work so Age has nothing to do with it. Certain people transcend boundaries, MJ was one of em.

From the kid who couldn't stop smiling, to the man who couldn't grow up. MJ was my hero.

Brought a tear to my eye reading this, i feel you my dude, 100%.

Wow Aaron bro, deepest stuff I have read on here in a minute. Had a tear in my eye as well I am here for ya man

IDK... maybe it's just me but I don't get all emotional for someone who dies if I've never met them or know them personally even if I admire them a lot... maybe its just me
frown.gif
. RIP MJ
Swag Surfer
eyes.gif

I wonder why indeed....
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Kickmatic23

am i the only person outa the 10s of thousands on here who still doesn't give a damn? just curious?

btw was anyone on here ever one of his victims? if so did you like it? was it worth the payout of hush money? just curious
grin.gif

correction: instead of thousands replace that with MILLIONS!

and
indifferent.gif
btw

I love that first line. It hit home for me.
eek.gif

I got to see him in the flesh in Vegas 2 years ago. He came in the Vanetian hotel with 3 body guards and a black coat over his head. He took it off and startedwaving....every super star in the lobby started clapping. Like "That's Mike!" Mike is like 6 foot something. He not no punk lol

Anyway .......one of my all time favs.

Maybe i'm reaching, but read the first news paper. " Michael Jackson frozen for 50 years"

It's a pity that I have to sift through all the nonsense in here from people trying to make themselves look hard and show how cool they are.

But in amongst it, there are some really touching tributes & memories here. I have never seen that Pepsi commercial before.

One of my memories as a kid was having this torch that shone a red light. I used to tape it to the top of the cuboard in my bedroom so that it was shiningdirectly in the centre of the room ....like a spotlight. Then I would put the BAD album on ....my little white glove (just a normal one ...no sequins!
grin.gif
) ....& just dance for hours trying to copy his moves.

I also used to copy that "graffitti" style "BAD" everywhere ...all my school books were covered with BAD writing!

ff61644d07aacc3e25298ba07696e02b47d02ed5.bmp
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

It's now day 3
tired.gif

Are you for real?

As stated before, people are ODing.

Then shut the hell up.

I hope people continued to OD Michael Jackson's death. I hope they OD it so much, that the government make June 25th Michael Jackson day.

Me and my girl went out tonight. Nothing but MJ joints playing from the restaurant to the spot.... Everybody was feeling good and had a great time.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by TheDudeMT

R.I.P Michael...I will always be singing smooth criminal and dirty diana like I was a kid again. GREAT memories with childhood friends imitating his moves and singing his songs.

I want to make an avy of him, but I don't know how...can somebody help?

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

Originally Posted by PaidNHalf

Even while not being a fan of MJ. You can honestly state the death of the most popular musician in the history of the human race should not be the top story for a week?

What you mean 1/10 the adoration, dude had females on oxygen support just for being in the same zipcode.
indifferent.gif
?

You seriously have trouble grasping the fact that MJ was a cultural icon?

As for the rest of your post.....so? That's human nature, many people feel more closely connected to MJ's music than to gov't policy. We don't place as much emphasis or importance on things that don't feel as immediate or close to us. Hence why we can watch a documentary on global warming or starving children in far-off countries and forget about it the next day. Surely you're aware of this. Have some dignity and vent about it in another thread instead of insulting the deceased.

How am I insulting the deceased?
Dudes who are all for MJ now were making fun of him for touching kids and his crazy plastic surgery just a few months ago.
laugh.gif

Talking about dignity. If we really want to go there.
Do we really want to be celebrating a man who liked to sleep in the same bad with children or one who bleached his own skin.

I never looked down on MJ because it was obvious that his childhood f'ed him up and it wasn't really his fault.
However, this entire episode is a load of bs because most people could give 2 +%+%% (and made fun ) about the guy when he was alive.

Now all of a sudden. I luvz MJ. I was always a huge fan. ****!Honestly.

I'm not gonna go back and find your exact words, but you referred to him as a child molester or something of the sort.

He bleached his skin and slept in the same bed as children? How is this at all relevant to his character or his achievements? Yes, I have no problemcelebrating someone like this.

And you criticize all the people who were cracking jokes about him....don't know what to say. How is their change in attitude a bad thing? As a genuine fanof his I'd rather see people talk about how great he was rather than ridicule him. No complaints here.

This story gets worse and worse each day. I may be late but did anybody hear how much meds He was taking? This is a very long and sad history. He feared endingup like Elvis and He did.

Originally Posted by RKO2004

This story gets worse and worse each day. I may be late but did anybody hear how much meds He was taking? This is a very long and sad history. He feared ending up like Elvis and He did.

Agreed. He was very sickly. He stood about 5'10" and weighed 125 lbs. He ate 1 meal a day and was taking about 6 meds a day (painkillers I think.

It just sunk in a little bit ago while listening to some videos on Youtube, that he has really passed.
After hearing about how sick he was, I'm almost happy for him. He can finally have peace and comfort, that he couldnt have in this life.

Here's a gif, from the Beat It video.
2e0vbxv.gif

Smooth Criminal video.
ixgoc4.gif

I'm sure he can make us laugh with more than one gif after his time.

Again, RIP Mr. Jackson. I've always loved your music.
tired.gif

Originally Posted by krazy88s

Originally Posted by RKO2004

This story gets worse and worse each day. I may be late but did anybody hear how much meds He was taking? This is a very long and sad history. He feared ending up like Elvis and He did.

Agreed. He was very sickly. He stood about 5'10" and weighed 125 lbs. He ate 1 meal a day and was taking about 6 meds a day (painkillers I think.
Some guy on SlyFox was saying when He had back surgery, He had the meds that Mike had and He couldn't handle it. So that puts a spin on this.It so terrifying in a way to think about how alone He truly was.

He had everything but at the same time had nothing. He couldn't live a normal life but He had the "life" that so many dream of. His talent was ablessing and a curse. It wasn't just the OD of meds that killed him. It was the OD of the weight of the world that dealt the fatal blow. Its funny howsometimes you actually trick yourself into believing people are immortal. They always prove you wrong.

R.I.P Man.
tired.gif

eek.gif
Amazing quote right there. Truest thing I have ever heardabout MJ. RIP to the GOAT

^ His birthday. Might as well celebrate him on his born day, rather than the day he died.

Back
Top Bottom