Michael Jackson 1958-2009..................... Memorial Set for July 7th at Staples Center

Originally Posted by youngswag31

Originally Posted by IncredibleEv

You guys are all nuts. Im with DOWNTOWN in that I respect everything the man gave to the entertainment world, as well as to those in need. But he is nowhere near the level of MLK and Obama when it comes to helping others. Those guys devoted their lives to helping others, Jackson did it because he was giving back to society. It is very easy to help all your fans when you earn 100 mil a year your whole life.

and another thing I wanted to say earlier...in that American Icons thread. How many of yall wouldve put Jackson as a top 5 American Icon say...last week? If you asked 10 people about Michael Jackson last week, 8/10 would've only said negative things about the dude.

I love his music, I will ALWAYS love his music, and that's enough for me to appreciate him and celebrate his life. His heart might've been strong, but his music was more powerful.

Hold up..let me start by saying if it wasn't for MLK..there would be no Barack Obama so you can't even put those 2 in the same sentence..MJ's legacy goes back 30+ yrs..Obamas legacy hasn't even begun..MJ was sitting at the round table with political leaders from around the world discussing global issues and receiving awards for his work before Obama was even thought of..and no I don't consider MJ a "American Icon"..Elvis can have that label..I consider MJ a "GLOBAL ICON" because his body of works extends well BEYOND the US..he is known in every single corner of the earth..Also you say "It is very easy to help all your fans when you earn 100 mil a year your whole life" as if to say "so what..who hasn't donated more then $400 million to charity..that's no big deal"..Most people won't even give a $1 to a homeless person on the street let alone $400 million..I just can't believe some of you are really minimizing everything this man has done for the world..it's truely sad..
I am in total shock that some of you are really down playing MJ's body of work..
pwned.jpg

633675725310042957-pwned.jpg

Let me clarify what I meant by saying Michael sacrificed everything. I didn't mean that from a financial standpoint. Michael sacirificed his life to thestage and to the public since he was very young. In interviews you can tell he was incredibly saddened that he never got the chance to be a child, or be aregular person. EVERYWHERE he went he was harassed by the public. He had it rougher than I, or many of us in this thread will ever have it.

Originally Posted by JPTHE3

Originally Posted by MisterP0315

25b1574579ae8465e4a8c52e0261019a5822251_t.gif
ef435ebf4bf2721aa00b87ec648d9873537f485_t.gif
60c35ecb49be79ccacfd8bb56cbc106915e1865_t.gif
03a358b04ff47020ad5a8b6769a84878c54674e_t.gif
67e25b64b4727ad08256e9c449d278c831c7b4a_t.gif

Ezboard...
ba7359e9417f7f9fa8a38e2e6fe763d8907df63_t.gif

And I know I'm missing 2 other avys from Ezboard (one being the beginning of Moonwalker when he spins and the glitter comes out and the other from "Can You Feel It")

I've used a bunch of MJ avys for as long as I can remember. I'm happy to see all of the MJ love on NT with all of the avys...even if I was supposedly the first to do it on here. I love Mike and he deserves to receive all of the love himself. Y'all can use whatever I posted.

It's eerie to look at this avy that I have now...with the wings extending from Mike. Live in the sky, MJ.
pimp.gif
Man I gotta give it to you tho you were the first one supporting Mj on Nt with those Avy's..But I think there was someone else who has an Mj avy throughout his Nt career though.
I had an MJ avy for a while also.
Off the "Billie Jean" video.
man these past days were tough.

mind you this was in Detroit
?

What you expected tho? MJ always held down The D, always. He actually has tried to do **** here to help the city get back on its feet financially. What the+*## has any other entertainer (Em, Madonna, Kid Rock, speakin on yall) ever tried to do for the crib, ever? (remember Stevie Wonder put his name in hat forMayor in 92 tho?
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
). Yet they rep it for "cred" when its beneficial to them....
smh.gif

Remember he tried to build Detroit's first amusment park in like 2001 to help the city regenerate money? It was huge story in the city.

Wouldnt even wanna say MJ is extended fam, we feel like we lost one of ours.

People took Michael Jackson for granted while he was alive, so God called him home. People can now appreciate him for who he was as a person.

^^^

the fact is that it is not pointless..due to the fact that he shut up after your response...if you meant i decided to make a joke, your answer is incorrect.please don't ask me to restate my facts because if you have been reading this ENTIRE thread, you would know the answer.

*keeps it pushing*

I've had a few MJ avys in my time here on NT, but this is the only other one saved:

d8f2572e49b447eb333ae191e51c54198372f4d.gif

This one is just too G, my dude almost shouting expletives at the end of it
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Super Producer J

I've had a few MJ avys in my time here on NT, but this is the only other one saved:

d8f2572e49b447eb333ae191e51c54198372f4d.gif

This one is just too G, my dude almost shouting expletives at the end of it
laugh.gif
I remember that.
pimp.gif
We used to be a rarity.

MisterP is actually the one that inspired to have an MJ avy back on Ezboard....Dam i can't lie I have teared on more than one occasion I feel like I lost afamily member .. Off the wall, thriller, bad, dangerous, history, blood on the dancefloor, invincible I've been such a loyal fan and to see that his newtour will never come makes me even more saddened.

'Never Can Say Goodbye' is the one song Ive stayed away from since he died, I cant take that one. Skip it everytime on the iPod.

29bs52.jpg

pimp.gif

btw - that picture is dope. right click - save.

knew I wasnt the only one doin that in here, saved about every good pic in this thread.

Originally Posted by EzFlash26

'Never Can Say Goodbye' is the one song Ive stayed away from since he died, I cant take that one. Skip it everytime on the iPod.
'Gone too soon' hurts the most for me its much sadder imo.
tired.gif

can't front, that ne-yo and jamie fox duet of "i'll be there" last night, right after janet came out, that had me ballin' harder than ihave in years... my heart actually hurt...

never been this affected by someone's death whom i didn't know personally. and i'm a grown, 30 year old man.

crazy.

maybe it's because i was born in 1979, so his music has been a part of my life for a very, very long time. also, because his life has been so open to thepublic for so long, and he lived through his music more than anything (which coincides with his statements about only feeling truly comfortable when he'son stage), so we all feel like we know him so well...

listening back on his music, he has the most angelic voice i've ever heard. couple that with being the most influential dancer of all time, arguably thebest, and being such a giving, genuinely brilliant, nice, and talented person (arguably the most naturally talented man to ever live), the world hasn'texperienced a loss like this in a long, long time. i mean, he's possibly the most famous human being that's ever lived, so it's HUGE. so hugeit's taken over the news, facebook, twitter, everything. and he deserves it all.

RIP Mike.

But it's nice to see the love Mj is getting from NT. Although, in a few weeks, I'm sure the avys will trickle down. I need more gif avys though.

eff it, I'm just gonna post pics of some of my favorite MJ photos.

Gallery%20Bad%20Tour%2053.jpg

Gallery%20Bad%20Tour%2072.jpg

Gallery397.jpg

Gallery537.jpg

Gallery545.jpg

Gallery1239.jpg

Gallery1265.jpg

Gallery380.jpg

Gallery553.jpg

Gallery627.jpg

Gallery648.jpg

Gallery1154.jpg

Gallery%20Victory%20Tour%2013.jpg

I'm sure MJ fans know where this pic is from
Gallery699.jpg

Gallery509.jpg

Gallery513.jpg

I got tired

For those of us born in the late 70's, this dude was OUR icon, OUR king as Elvis was in the 60's! People can say whatever about his personal life, butas an entertainer there was no one like him! I still got pictures of me with a bmx glove, vest and shades, thinking I could do the Thriller routine!! I hadbetamax tapes of recorded jackson 5 cartoons! There no shame when admitting I am saddened! RIP Mike!!! Gone but NEVER forgotten!!!

Originally Posted by sthebest1984

Gallery699.jpg

Remember the Time video shoot. One of Teddy Riley's finest songs
pimp.gif
Incorrect. This is the Soul Train Awards performance. Michael hurt his foot or something inrehearsal, so he did the whole thing in a chair.

Back
Top Bottom