Michael Jackson 1958-2009..................... Memorial Set for July 7th at Staples Center

Originally Posted by cguy610

Originally Posted by HueyP in LouieV

Race, the economy, ignorance, hate, mistrust, jealously...the remembrance of his spirit and works cut through all of that with no resistance.

The celebration of his life has brought people together in an outpouring of love and happiness all across the world.

Who has had that kind of impact in our liftetime?....or ever?

When MLK Jr. was assassinated people rioted...when MJ passed away (very suspiciously
nerd.gif
) people came together like the end of Independence Day.

His passing has changed my life for the better. Re-Opened my eyes to some things that this cold world tends to make you forget.

indifferent.gif

Just log off if you seriously believe MJ had a bigger impact than MLK. Log off and pick up a book and some knowledge.

Somebody tell me this guy isn't serious.
roll.gif
roll.gif
why would you compare MLK and MJ?
roll.gif
roll.gif

Damn it's like day4 of since his death and I still feel like it happened......These M.J tributes all over the place help though.

Originally Posted by spsfinest212

Race, the economy, ignorance, hate, mistrust, jealously...the remembrance of his spirit and works cut through all of that with no resistance.

The celebration of his life has brought people together in an outpouring of love and happiness all across the world.

When MLK Jr. was assassinated people rioted...when MJ passed away (very suspiciously
nerd.gif
) people came together like the end of Independence Day.

His passing has changed my life for the better. Re-Opened my eyes to some things that this cold world tends to make you forget.

indifferent.gif

Just log off if you seriously believe MJ had a bigger impact than MLK. Log off and pick up a book and some knowledge.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Y'all dudes are either straight up clowns lookin for a laugh at every corner...or you got reading comprehension problems.

What part of that post shows that I believe MJ had a bigger impact than MLK?

nerd.gif
) people came together
like the end of Independence Day.

indifferent.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Y'all dudes are either straight up clowns lookin for a laugh at every corner...or you got reading comprehension problems.

It's weird, because even though Mike is dead, his artistry is just so easily distinguishable. Really, he has to be the most imitated person of all time,all the while maintaining his uniqueness and creativity. Michael Jackson's legacy is etched in my mind, it's always been like that.

actually ... technically ... mj did reach more people than mlk and affected more lives than mlk ...maybe he wasnt as important as mlk but dude was talkin aboutstraight up impact on the masses ... lets not turn this into a mlk vs mj debate but the last thing ill say is this, you think mj has demons in HIS closet? mlk... ... ... ... ... lololololololololololololololol

nerd.gif
) people came together

indifferent.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Reading comprehension....

First of all MLK Jr.'s death didn't happen in my lifetime...I don't know how old your are but that event was not in my lifetime. So that voids anycomparison....I asked which figure has had that influence in "our" lifetime...the answer is nobody?

The next line was just a comparison in the different reactions to their deaths. No where do I even remotely infer that MJ had a bigger impact than MLK....eventhough he did.

Outside of America....a large percentage of the world does not know who MLK Jr. is. Most of those same people will instantly react when you mention MichealJackson. I have learned that from my own experiecnce traveling.

But this is not a A > B thread.

I was simply recognizing the impact that the man's life has had on the world and how unique this reaction to his death has been.

DOWNTOWN43 wrote:
i saw this surfing through Youtube just now and thought it was pretty cool..

James Brown is doing a show and MJ happens to be in the crowd, so James calls him up and Michael gets on the stage and gives a little impromptu performance off the dome and rips it..
pimp.gif

then he calls out Prince who is in the crowd also, and Prince is OBVIOUSLY coked up and starts making these weird movements.. check the vid out, its hilarious
roll.gif

laugh.gif
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
Prince was out of it. Dude rode somebody's back on to stage.

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

i saw this surfing through Youtube just now and thought it was pretty cool..

James Brown is doing a show and MJ happens to be in the crowd, so James calls him up and Michael gets on the stage and gives a little impromptu performance off the dome and rips it..
pimp.gif

then he calls out Prince who is in the crowd also, and Prince is OBVIOUSLY coked up and starts making these weird movements.. check the vid out, its hilarious
roll.gif

laugh.gif
pimp.gif

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

nerd.gif
) people came together

indifferent.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Reading comprehension....

First of all MLK Jr.'s death didn't happen in my lifetime...I don't know how old your are but that event was not in my lifetime. So that voids any comparison....I asked which figure has had that influence in "our" lifetime...the answer is nobody?

The next line was just a comparison in the different reactions to their deaths. No where do I even remotely infer that MJ had a bigger impact than MLK....even though he did.

Outside of America....a large percentage of the world does not know who MLK Jr. is. Most of those same people will instantly react when you mention Micheal Jackson. I have learned that from my own experiecnce traveling.

But this is not a A > B thread.

I was simply recognizing the impact that the man's life has had on the world and how unique this reaction to his death has been.

roll.gif

Originally Posted by Emmanuel Goldstein

actually ... technically ... mj did reach more people than mlk and affected more lives than mlk ...maybe he wasnt as important as mlk but dude was talkin about straight up impact on the masses ...
when you put it that way....

don't forget ya'll---MJ was GLOBAL, and did ya'll see the list of contributions/societies/foundations he's started or been thee forefront of???

Havent been able to stop jammin this man since this past thursday.....

I have reverted back to my childhood days
laugh.gif

Breaking news: MJ's mom got guardianship of one of the children

I'm finally gonna post my opinion since I haven;t been on NT since I recieved the news while on a little vacation in Philadelphia.. This news struck me asunbelievable because the impact MJ has had on our family was huge. Almost every wedding in my family has had an MJ tribute and such we were always huge fans,Even thru out Highschool all of the talent shows held I would do my impression of the Billie Jean performance and once i did thriller.. It really feels like Ilost that cousin..My mom was actually very hurt about this and My father was in pure shock. MJ was family to us R.I.P. Mike

Anybody with any logic and comprehension would be laughing at you jack.

8 year old kids in South East Asia and South America, who are illiterate and have never heard of MLK Jr. know who Micheal Jackson is.

But i'm not going to add to the ignorance in this thread but continuing this conversation. I was clear with my original post.

Anybody with any logic and comprehension would be laughing at you jack.

8 year old kids in South East Asia and South America, who are illiterate and have never heard of MLK Jr. know who Micheal Jackson is.

But i'm not going to add to the ignorance in this thread but continuing this conversation. I was clear with my original post.
Well, the only people laughing are laughing at you.

Name recognition does not mean impact. I'm sure more people overseas probably know who Michael Jordan is. That does not mean that Michael Jordan had abigger impact than MLK Jr.

Originally Posted by I Drink Your Milkshake

Originally Posted by Emmanuel Goldstein

actually ... technically ... mj did reach more people than mlk and affected more lives than mlk ...maybe he wasnt as important as mlk but dude was talkin about straight up impact on the masses ...
when you put it that way....

don't forget ya'll---MJ was GLOBAL, and did ya'll see the list of contributions/societies/foundations he's started or been thee forefront of???
Word of Jackson's death jolted nearly everyone, from a young man in Colombia who was named after the King of Pop, to Malaysians who named a soy drink for him, to a generation of people around the world who have tried, in vain, to moonwalk.

Jackson's death prompted broadcasters from Sydney to Seoul - where the news came early Friday - to interrupt morning programs, while fans remembered a "tortured genius" whose squeals and sliding moves captivated a generation and who sparked global trends in music, dance and fashion.

Several world leaders weighed in. Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez called it "lamentable news," though he criticized the media for giving it so much attention. Former South Korean President Kim Dae-jung, who had met Jackson, said: "We lost a hero of the world."

In Romania, where a tumultuous Jackson concert in 1992 helped mark the country's new freedoms after the fall of the Soviet bloc, singer Lucian Viziru said he was stunned by the tragedy. "I feel like crying," he told the AP, rubbing his eyes. "I grew up with him, I learned his dances, his songs, everything. My first ever cassette was 'Thriller."'

A condolence board went up in downtown Bucharest. Radio and TV stations played his music and broadcast clips from the concert.

"My heart is heavy because my idol died," said Byron Garcia, security consultant at a Philippine prison who organized the famous video of 1,500 inmates doing a synchronized dance to "Thriller." The video has had 23.4 million hits on YouTube.

The flamboyant former Philippine first lady, Imelda Marcos, who cheered Jackson's acquittal on child molestation charges in 2005, said she cried on hearing the news."Michael Jackson enriched our lives, made us happy," she said.

In Bogota, Colombia, a 24-year-old tattoo artist named Michael Tarquino said his parents named him after Jackson. He recalled growing up with electricity rationing for hours at a time and waiting for the power to return."When the light came back on I would play my Michael Jackson LP, and I'd stand at the window and sing along," he said.

Japanese fans were always among Jackson's most passionate supporters, and news of his death came as a huge shock. Michiko Suzuki, a music critic who met Jackson several times in the 1980s, said the country was likely to be mourning for some time.
"Everyone was imitating his moonwalk when it was a hit. He was a true superstar," she said.

Jackson also had a huge fan base in Seoul, South Korea, where his style and dance moves were widely emulated by Korean pop stars.

"He is my master and the prime mover to make me dance," pop star Rain told the South Korean sports and entertainment daily Ilgan Sports. "Even though he is dead, he is an eternal performer."

MJ was a global icon in the media age. I have been to Spanish speaking Caribbean where the kids have no idea who MLK Jr. is but as soon as you mention MJ, theystart dancing and signing his songs.

Thats not taking anything away from Dr. King's legacy. They are two different indivuals, with different life stories and roles in history.

the other day people comparing Obama to MJ now MLK to MJ...what the hell has gotten into you people. While Jackson was known all over the world and is one ofthe greatest entertainers in history...he cannot see the cultural and social impact of MLK and Obama. They are a stronger presence in the fabric of historythen Michael Jackson.

Originally Posted by IncredibleEv

the other day people comparing Obama to MJ now MLK to MJ...what the hell has gotten into you people. While Jackson was known all over the world and is one of the greatest entertainers in history...he cannot see the cultural and social impact of MLK and Obama. They are a stronger presence in the fabric of history then Michael Jackson.
QFT

I get the feeling that the people trying to diminish MLK Jr.'s impact and influence are those people that didn't like what MLK did for our country. They are probably the same people saying that he shouldn't have a holiday.

It's ok to dislike MLK Jr. but respect the man and his impact and influence on our country and day to day life.

the other day people comparing Obama to MJ now MLK to MJ...what the hell has gotten into you people. While Jackson was known all over the world and is one of the greatest entertainers in history...he cannot see the cultural and social impact of MLK and Obama. They are a stronger presence in the fabric of history then Michael Jackson.
QFT

I get the feeling that the people trying to diminish MLK Jr.'s impact and influence are those people that didn't like what MLK did for our country. They are probably the same people saying that he shouldn't have a holiday.

It's ok to dislike MLK Jr. but respect the man and his impact and influence on our country and day to day life.
You go from one stupid assumption to another.

The world is bigger than America.

Open your eyes.

so, just because i dont feel like reading all these posts, what are you guys trying to prove here by including both of them in the conversation? that morepeople know who Michael Jackson is?

so, just because i dont feel like reading all these posts, what are you guys trying to prove here by including both of them in the conversation? that more people know who Michael Jackson is?

Nothing, there really was no comparison of the two initially.

All I asked was whose life and death has had an impact like MJ's in our lifetime.

Back
Top Bottom