Miami Dolphins 2011 Season Thread: Thanx for the memories JT!

This thread makes me happy
happy.gif

I agree, I don't think a RB will be the concern looking forward into this draft. A system change with Henning gone will do a world of wonders for the Fins and that's exactly whats going to happen. It was absolutely unimaginable that once acquiring Marsh that he would only get into the endzone only 3 times in sixteen games. One of the more prolific receivers in the game right now. Having said that, for whatever reason I agree that the bulk of the blame doesn't fall on Henne either. The change at off. coordinator may at least open things up more from what Henning was doing which clearly wasn't working in the passing game 

I agree, I don't think a RB will be the concern looking forward into this draft. A system change with Henning gone will do a world of wonders for the Fins and that's exactly whats going to happen. It was absolutely unimaginable that once acquiring Marsh that he would only get into the endzone only 3 times in sixteen games. One of the more prolific receivers in the game right now. Having said that, for whatever reason I agree that the bulk of the blame doesn't fall on Henne either. The change at off. coordinator may at least open things up more from what Henning was doing which clearly wasn't working in the passing game 

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

happy.gif
laugh.gif
 I figured it might. 

When I start your offseason thread Saturday night, my grin will be ear to ear too.  
wink.gif

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

happy.gif
laugh.gif
 I figured it might. 

When I start your offseason thread Saturday night, my grin will be ear to ear too.  
wink.gif

I feel like you're looking at it too broadly, though.

Focus on just Chad Henne. Regardless of who surrounds him, who coaches him... is he ever a quality starting quarterback who leads a team successfully?

Not a chance, I say.

But I didn't get banned. Just a new start, I guess.

I feel like you're looking at it too broadly, though.

Focus on just Chad Henne. Regardless of who surrounds him, who coaches him... is he ever a quality starting quarterback who leads a team successfully?

Not a chance, I say.

But I didn't get banned. Just a new start, I guess.

I see what you're sayin, but in terms of us, believe it or not, he's pretty much the best we've had after Dan other then Jay Fiedler. 
ohwell.gif
  He's beaten good teams, on the road, and did so with little help from players and coaches.  That has to count for something.  The game he didn't play, we couldn't cross the 50 yard line. ^

I mean honestly, as bad as he has been in spots, as bad as the coaching, the talent around, etc etc, he's like 3rd or 4th all time in our history. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

You read that stuff that Brandon was sayin?  Henne didn't like to make adjustments at the line, Brandon could line up on a 5'9 guy, and Henne didn't want to change the play and throw it up for him.  That's coaching.  They are grilling into him to go with the play that is called instead of just letting the guy drop back and play the position he's played forever. 

I have no illusions of him as some elite level QB.  Hell, I'm even digging around wondering if Pryor would fall into the third and talking myself into giving him a look. 
embarassed.gif
laugh.gif

Got ya, Nas did something similar last year.  I wouldn't even remember how to go about getting a fresh SN again. 
laugh.gif

I see what you're sayin, but in terms of us, believe it or not, he's pretty much the best we've had after Dan other then Jay Fiedler. 
ohwell.gif
  He's beaten good teams, on the road, and did so with little help from players and coaches.  That has to count for something.  The game he didn't play, we couldn't cross the 50 yard line. ^

I mean honestly, as bad as he has been in spots, as bad as the coaching, the talent around, etc etc, he's like 3rd or 4th all time in our history. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

You read that stuff that Brandon was sayin?  Henne didn't like to make adjustments at the line, Brandon could line up on a 5'9 guy, and Henne didn't want to change the play and throw it up for him.  That's coaching.  They are grilling into him to go with the play that is called instead of just letting the guy drop back and play the position he's played forever. 

I have no illusions of him as some elite level QB.  Hell, I'm even digging around wondering if Pryor would fall into the third and talking myself into giving him a look. 
embarassed.gif
laugh.gif

Got ya, Nas did something similar last year.  I wouldn't even remember how to go about getting a fresh SN again. 
laugh.gif

Just out of curiosity do any of you listen to 790AM The Ticket? Sparano is hated so much on all the shows. If you have an Android phone download "TuneIn" and go into the Miami/Ft Lauderdale section and look up the station. Pretty entertaining.

Just out of curiosity do any of you listen to 790AM The Ticket? Sparano is hated so much on all the shows. If you have an Android phone download "TuneIn" and go into the Miami/Ft Lauderdale section and look up the station. Pretty entertaining.

Originally Posted by CP1708

ohwell.gif

the way they handled that game against Chicago was DREADFUL. how many running plays did they call in total? coaching staff needs to go.

you dont go 6-2 on the road and miss the playoffs
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

ohwell.gif

the way they handled that game against Chicago was DREADFUL. how many running plays did they call in total? coaching staff needs to go.

you dont go 6-2 on the road and miss the playoffs
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by humpasaurus rex

560AM > ______

560AM > ______

I work there
laugh.gif

Anyways, there is no chance Luck doesn't go #1 to Carolina if he doesn't declare. 
indifferent.gif
if we draft a running back and pay him first round money, rb's are a dime a dozen.

A QB fixes all, coaches dont make a franchise QB a franchise QB makes coaches.

I work there
laugh.gif

Anyways, there is no chance Luck doesn't go #1 to Carolina if he doesn't declare. 
indifferent.gif
if we draft a running back and pay him first round money, rb's are a dime a dozen.

miamib30514 wrote:

Matt Casell and the coaching he has received in NE and KC says "sup?"  Kurt Warner would like a moment of your time as well.  Tom Brady was a franchise guy comin outta Michigan was he?  Should I go on?  Cuz Joey Harington was a franchise QB.  So was Heath Shuler.  Ryan Leaf.  Cade McNown. 
nerd.gif

Andrew Luck is not walking into the NFL and taking over like it's nothing.  He has to be taught, and taught well to succeed.  If he isn't, he'll bust bigger then @#$%. 

miamib30514 wrote:

Matt Casell and the coaching he has received in NE and KC says "sup?"  Kurt Warner would like a moment of your time as well.  Tom Brady was a franchise guy comin outta Michigan was he?  Should I go on?  Cuz Joey Harington was a franchise QB.  So was Heath Shuler.  Ryan Leaf.  Cade McNown. 
nerd.gif

Andrew Luck is not walking into the NFL and taking over like it's nothing.  He has to be taught, and taught well to succeed.  If he isn't, he'll bust bigger then @#$%. 

i wouldn't mind parting ways with Mr. dances every-time we make a field goal sparano 
eyes.gif

laugh.gif

i wouldn't mind parting ways with Mr. dances every-time we make a field goal sparano 
eyes.gif

laugh.gif

So belicheck made Brady?
laugh.gif

Lets just disagree, you obviously subscribe to the theory that a head coach can "coach up" a Qb's skill.

Belicheck wasnt **** before Brady, Peyton Manning can coach his damn self, the same coach that took Arizona to the SB is looking sick

without Warner, Cowher was a playoff failure before Big Ben, Coughlin? he was bout to get fired before ELI went off.

I just think you are giving these coaches too much credit, i believe there is a reason there are so much openings every year.

So belicheck made Brady?
laugh.gif

Lets just disagree, you obviously subscribe to the theory that a head coach can "coach up" a Qb's skill.

Belicheck wasnt **** before Brady, Peyton Manning can coach his damn self, the same coach that took Arizona to the SB is looking sick

without Warner, Cowher was a playoff failure before Big Ben, Coughlin? he was bout to get fired before ELI went off.

I just think you are giving these coaches too much credit, i believe there is a reason there are so much openings every year.

post for later...

and a coaching staff/franchise qb go hand in hand a lot of the time.

post for later...

and a coaching staff/franchise qb go hand in hand a lot of the time.

Back
Top Bottom