Miami Dolphins 2011 Season Thread: Thanx for the memories JT!

Miami Dolphins 2011Season Thread

[h3]Jeff Ireland will return for 2012, Sparano will not[/h3]
Dolphins general manager Jeff Ireland is totally safe as of this moment. Tony Sparano is not.

The Dolphins plan to let Ireland continue in his job with the team beyond this season. The plan is also to replace Sparano after the season.

I know this as fact. Period.

So what's news here?

The Ireland stuff. And the removal of doubt on Sparano.

I already wrote in my column Sunday that Sparano was in grave danger of losing his job even if he won the final four games of the year. Sparano's team has since lost a 26-10 decision to the Philadelphia Eagles and so he will will not win out and will not be retained after the season.

Ireland is another story. He stays, barring some unexpected circumstance, regardless of who the new coach is or is not.

Owner Stephen Ross is convinced the Dolphins are a team that is underachieving despite considerable talent. Yes, Ross believes the roster needs some upgrading. But he also thinks Ireland, who has full control of the personnel department since October 2010, can do the job. (Bill Parcells was in charge of personnel from Jan. 2008 to October 2010.)

So Ireland stays once this season is over. And Tony Sparano does not.

Poste

by Armando Salguero

Read more: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins_in_depth/#ixzz1gH9hLjyd

Dolphins 2011 schedule:

Mon, Sept. 12, vs. New England Patriots, ESPN, 7 p.m.

Sun, Sept. 18, vs. Houston Texans, CBS, 4:15 p.m.

Sun, Sept. 25, at Cleveland Browns, CBS, 1 p.m.

Sun, Oct. 2, at San Diego Chargers, CBS, 4:15 p.m.

Mon, Oct. 17, at New York Jets, ESPN, 8:30 p.m.

Sun, Oct. 23, vs. Denver Broncos, CBS, 1 p.m.

Sun, Oct. 30, at New York Giants, CBS, 1 p.m.

Sun, Nov. 6, at Kansas City Chiefs, CBS, 1 p.m.

Sun, Nov. 13, vs. Washington ********, FOX, 1 p.m.

Sun, Nov. 20, vs. Buffalo Bills, CBS, 1 p.m.

Thu, Nov. 24, at Dallas Cowboys, CBS, 4:15 p.m.

Sun, Dec. 4, vs. Oakland Raiders, CBS, 1 p.m.

Sun, Dec. 11, vs. Philadelphia Eagles, FOX, 1 p.m.

Sun, Dec. 18, at Buffalo Bills, CBS, 1 p.m.

Sat, Dec. 24, at New England Patriots, CBS, 1 p.m.

Sun, Jan. 1, vs. New York Jets, CBS, 1 p.m.

Miami Dolphins 2011Season Thread

[h3]Jeff Ireland will return for 2012, Sparano will not[/h3]
Dolphins general manager Jeff Ireland is totally safe as of this moment. Tony Sparano is not.

The Dolphins plan to let Ireland continue in his job with the team beyond this season. The plan is also to replace Sparano after the season.

I know this as fact. Period.

So what's news here?

The Ireland stuff. And the removal of doubt on Sparano.

I already wrote in my column Sunday that Sparano was in grave danger of losing his job even if he won the final four games of the year. Sparano's team has since lost a 26-10 decision to the Philadelphia Eagles and so he will will not win out and will not be retained after the season.

Ireland is another story. He stays, barring some unexpected circumstance, regardless of who the new coach is or is not.

Owner Stephen Ross is convinced the Dolphins are a team that is underachieving despite considerable talent. Yes, Ross believes the roster needs some upgrading. But he also thinks Ireland, who has full control of the personnel department since October 2010, can do the job. (Bill Parcells was in charge of personnel from Jan. 2008 to October 2010.)

So Ireland stays once this season is over. And Tony Sparano does not.

Poste

by Armando Salguero

Read more: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins_in_depth/#ixzz1gH9hLjyd

Dolphins 2011 schedule:

Mon, Sept. 12, vs. New England Patriots, ESPN, 7 p.m.

Sun, Sept. 18, vs. Houston Texans, CBS, 4:15 p.m.

Sun, Sept. 25, at Cleveland Browns, CBS, 1 p.m.

Sun, Oct. 2, at San Diego Chargers, CBS, 4:15 p.m.

Mon, Oct. 17, at New York Jets, ESPN, 8:30 p.m.

Sun, Oct. 23, vs. Denver Broncos, CBS, 1 p.m.

Sun, Oct. 30, at New York Giants, CBS, 1 p.m.

Sun, Nov. 6, at Kansas City Chiefs, CBS, 1 p.m.

Sun, Nov. 13, vs. Washington ********, FOX, 1 p.m.

Sun, Nov. 20, vs. Buffalo Bills, CBS, 1 p.m.

Thu, Nov. 24, at Dallas Cowboys, CBS, 4:15 p.m.

Sun, Dec. 4, vs. Oakland Raiders, CBS, 1 p.m.

Sun, Dec. 11, vs. Philadelphia Eagles, FOX, 1 p.m.

Sun, Dec. 18, at Buffalo Bills, CBS, 1 p.m.

Sat, Dec. 24, at New England Patriots, CBS, 1 p.m.

Sun, Jan. 1, vs. New York Jets, CBS, 1 p.m.

Keep Sparano unless we can get Harbaugh.

The most pressing issue is QB if we dont draft one in the first round i officially give up my fandom for this team.

Im looking at the Texans i like their Uni's.

Keep Sparano unless we can get Harbaugh.

The most pressing issue is QB if we dont draft one in the first round i officially give up my fandom for this team.

Im looking at the Texans i like their Uni's.

Harbaugh ain't gonna come here.

We really aren't that good of a team. The fact that our coaches can sit there at a press conference and admit in Week 17 that they didn't do their job in getting the "athletic players" in the off-season is a damn shame. I don't think Sparano is that bad of a coach, I just don't think the front office and coaching staff managed this team well. I'de give Sparano another chance, this is his first HC job. But, when our best offensive weapon is our FG kicker and one of the best WR's in the league has only 3 TD's, there is a problem.

Peace out, Ricky. Loved having you.

Harbaugh ain't gonna come here.

We really aren't that good of a team. The fact that our coaches can sit there at a press conference and admit in Week 17 that they didn't do their job in getting the "athletic players" in the off-season is a damn shame. I don't think Sparano is that bad of a coach, I just don't think the front office and coaching staff managed this team well. I'de give Sparano another chance, this is his first HC job. But, when our best offensive weapon is our FG kicker and one of the best WR's in the league has only 3 TD's, there is a problem.

Peace out, Ricky. Loved having you.

Our most pressing need is NOT QB. 

We may need a QB, Henne may not be a solid pro bowl type, but he is NOT to blame for this mess the offense was this season. 

Ask yourself, why do WR's not know the sight adjustments based off coverages?  Why do they break off routes they aren't supposed too, or why do they keep going when they should break them off?  Coaching. 

Why do we have 2 former 1,000 yard running backs, and not a single one of them had even ONE 100 yard rushing game this season?  Coaching/playcalling.

Why was our offensive line in shambles all year long (and for like the 3rd year in a row)  Coaching. 

What offensive player has grown in the last couple years?  Bess is the only one I can think of.  Everyone else is as stagnant as can be.  No big plays, no movement, no one taking over, nothing.  How many timeouts did we have to waste because formations were @#$%^& up.  Or they couldn't get a call in.  How many times did we chunk a team 8-9-10 yards 3-4 plays in a row, and then call 3 ridiculous plays and punt?  How many times we call a screen, get 15-20 yards, and then never see that play again?  Why have a QB going 21-28 throwing out of the pocket for 3 and a half quarters and doing just fine, 10 point lead, everything is safe, and then the last 5 minutes start calling QB ROLLOUTS with an immobile QB? 

Our offensive system/coaching/playcalling is the worst in football.  Dreadful. 

Like I said, Henne may not be superb, or great, but he is not as bad as what he is getting labeled from all this.  That coaching staff has zero idea how to prepare an 11 man unit.  They can't teach anything of value to the group as a whole.  I swear half the time nobody knows what they should be doing out there.  If Henne had ANY sort of coaching/playcalling that could create situations for the offense to excel, they would be fine.  Calling playaction pass 85 yards away from the goaline with 1 minute to play in the game, does not count as "smart playcalling" 
sick.gif

A legit coordinator would have been run heavy to begin with with his 2 backs, THEN would have put in some playaction work 15-20 yards downfield for Brandon, and then have Bess workin in the slot.  We would have seen much more screens with Ronnie and Ricky involved in the passing game, as well as Fasano when needed. 

The bottom line, our offensive coaching is a joke. 

Notice our defense was solid all year.  Nolan had those guys movin and makin plays all year.  They couldn't create turnovers to save thier lives, but they did not get burnt on big plays like they were the year before.  They kept the plays in front of them, and that was a big step.  THAT, is a coaching being improved.  I hope Nolan stays and they keep working on improving. 

On offense, they need to blow people up.  We need speed.  We need a kick returner.  Letting Ginn go hurt more then people realize.  He instantly would have improved our field position game.  And as a guy that could stretch the field now and then as well as maybe a reverse here and there.  We really should have kept him.  Getting a 5th rounder was nice at the time, but his speed could have helped a little bit.  Ricky and Ronnie can either come back, or move on, either way is fine.  We either start over, or we keep one and try to improve the system and then actually use those guys instead of having them block all the @#$%^& time. 
eyes.gif
  Marsh and Bess are fine, we need a #2 badly.  Hartline is fine as a possesion #4 type, but we need more speed at that spot.  Fasano is ok, if we can find an upgrade, sure, always improve where you can, but as a player, he is fine.  He's under utilized as everyone else was this year. 
GET A GOD DAMN INTERIOR O-LINE.  For the love of God, why is that so damn hard for these guys to do? 

Sporano comes or goes, I don't care honestly.  He's a decent motivator type, but he is sorta clueless.  But to just get rid of him for some other bum, NO.  I rather have continuity then bring in another scrub.  Now, if they could get a Harbaugh, now that is worth lookin into.  HE can coach a QB.  He can work an offense.  Wouldn't solve all our problems, but would be a start. 
I don't want to fire Spo just to get a new guy in.  That's worthless.  But if we get a solid upgrade at HC, then yeah, I'm ok with it. 

Our most pressing need is NOT QB. 

We may need a QB, Henne may not be a solid pro bowl type, but he is NOT to blame for this mess the offense was this season. 

Ask yourself, why do WR's not know the sight adjustments based off coverages?  Why do they break off routes they aren't supposed too, or why do they keep going when they should break them off?  Coaching. 

Why do we have 2 former 1,000 yard running backs, and not a single one of them had even ONE 100 yard rushing game this season?  Coaching/playcalling.

Why was our offensive line in shambles all year long (and for like the 3rd year in a row)  Coaching. 

What offensive player has grown in the last couple years?  Bess is the only one I can think of.  Everyone else is as stagnant as can be.  No big plays, no movement, no one taking over, nothing.  How many timeouts did we have to waste because formations were @#$%^& up.  Or they couldn't get a call in.  How many times did we chunk a team 8-9-10 yards 3-4 plays in a row, and then call 3 ridiculous plays and punt?  How many times we call a screen, get 15-20 yards, and then never see that play again?  Why have a QB going 21-28 throwing out of the pocket for 3 and a half quarters and doing just fine, 10 point lead, everything is safe, and then the last 5 minutes start calling QB ROLLOUTS with an immobile QB? 

Our offensive system/coaching/playcalling is the worst in football.  Dreadful. 

Like I said, Henne may not be superb, or great, but he is not as bad as what he is getting labeled from all this.  That coaching staff has zero idea how to prepare an 11 man unit.  They can't teach anything of value to the group as a whole.  I swear half the time nobody knows what they should be doing out there.  If Henne had ANY sort of coaching/playcalling that could create situations for the offense to excel, they would be fine.  Calling playaction pass 85 yards away from the goaline with 1 minute to play in the game, does not count as "smart playcalling" 
sick.gif

A legit coordinator would have been run heavy to begin with with his 2 backs, THEN would have put in some playaction work 15-20 yards downfield for Brandon, and then have Bess workin in the slot.  We would have seen much more screens with Ronnie and Ricky involved in the passing game, as well as Fasano when needed. 

The bottom line, our offensive coaching is a joke. 

Notice our defense was solid all year.  Nolan had those guys movin and makin plays all year.  They couldn't create turnovers to save thier lives, but they did not get burnt on big plays like they were the year before.  They kept the plays in front of them, and that was a big step.  THAT, is a coaching being improved.  I hope Nolan stays and they keep working on improving. 

On offense, they need to blow people up.  We need speed.  We need a kick returner.  Letting Ginn go hurt more then people realize.  He instantly would have improved our field position game.  And as a guy that could stretch the field now and then as well as maybe a reverse here and there.  We really should have kept him.  Getting a 5th rounder was nice at the time, but his speed could have helped a little bit.  Ricky and Ronnie can either come back, or move on, either way is fine.  We either start over, or we keep one and try to improve the system and then actually use those guys instead of having them block all the @#$%^& time. 
eyes.gif
  Marsh and Bess are fine, we need a #2 badly.  Hartline is fine as a possesion #4 type, but we need more speed at that spot.  Fasano is ok, if we can find an upgrade, sure, always improve where you can, but as a player, he is fine.  He's under utilized as everyone else was this year. 
GET A GOD DAMN INTERIOR O-LINE.  For the love of God, why is that so damn hard for these guys to do? 

Sporano comes or goes, I don't care honestly.  He's a decent motivator type, but he is sorta clueless.  But to just get rid of him for some other bum, NO.  I rather have continuity then bring in another scrub.  Now, if they could get a Harbaugh, now that is worth lookin into.  HE can coach a QB.  He can work an offense.  Wouldn't solve all our problems, but would be a start. 
I don't want to fire Spo just to get a new guy in.  That's worthless.  But if we get a solid upgrade at HC, then yeah, I'm ok with it. 

CP i respect your opinion but Henne has got to go.

I was a Henne apologist and i know Henning deserves some of the blame but i cant bear another season

with Henne at the helm. I cant watch another 17 weeks of running back outs. 3rd and 15 dump downs will

be the death of me.

Edit* I forgot to mention the fact that he was the worst 4th quarter QB in the league.
sick.gif

CP i respect your opinion but Henne has got to go.

I was a Henne apologist and i know Henning deserves some of the blame but i cant bear another season

with Henne at the helm. I cant watch another 17 weeks of running back outs. 3rd and 15 dump downs will

be the death of me.

Edit* I forgot to mention the fact that he was the worst 4th quarter QB in the league.
sick.gif

Like I said, if we have a solid QB fall too us and we take him, I have no problem with that.  I won't be mad at all. 

But lemme ask you, say we even got Andrew Luck, you know any coaches on our team that you think will teach that kid how to play QB in the NFL?  Cuz I sure as hell don't. 

Luck would look just like Henne with our coaches, that's my point. 

And if we keep going after QB's every other year starting over and over and over again and again and again, I mean, when does it stop?  At some point, grab a guy, get a coach, teach an offense, and go with that guy.  Switching every 2 years does NOTHING for a franchise. 

Kev/Cleveland/Cutler.......hmmm, Kiddin, you on ice for a bit?  What for? 
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

Like I said, if we have a solid QB fall too us and we take him, I have no problem with that.  I won't be mad at all. 

But lemme ask you, say we even got Andrew Luck, you know any coaches on our team that you think will teach that kid how to play QB in the NFL?  Cuz I sure as hell don't. 

Luck would look just like Henne with our coaches, that's my point. 

And if we keep going after QB's every other year starting over and over and over again and again and again, I mean, when does it stop?  At some point, grab a guy, get a coach, teach an offense, and go with that guy.  Switching every 2 years does NOTHING for a franchise. 

Kev/Cleveland/Cutler.......hmmm, Kiddin, you on ice for a bit?  What for? 
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

You all need a running back.....
I think that that's the more pressing need at this point over QB.....
Imo unless your taking Newton none of those guys represents a significant talent upgrade in the first 2-3 years. And Ireland is fighting for his job w/o Parcells cosigning his moves.
So the pick will be Running Back if you stay at 15. And it will be Mark Ingram if he declares.
I like Ingram but hes not enough of a prospect to negate the fact that Sparano has lost the locker room.
Kyle Orton might be a good trade to make if you want to flat out be better next season.
He is going to get Marshall closer to his peak, and he can play.
My move would be Trade for Orton, Take Ingram, Resign Brown at a reasonable rate for 2 years.

I think that that's the more pressing need at this point over QB.....
Imo unless your taking Newton none of those guys represents a significant talent upgrade in the first 2-3 years. And Ireland is fighting for his job w/o Parcells cosigning his moves.
So the pick will be Running Back if you stay at 15. And it will be Mark Ingram if he declares.
I like Ingram but hes not enough of a prospect to negate the fact that Sparano has lost the locker room.
Kyle Orton might be a good trade to make if you want to flat out be better next season.
He is going to get Marshall closer to his peak, and he can play.
My move would be Trade for Orton, Take Ingram, Resign Brown at a reasonable rate for 2 years.

Originally Posted by gangsta207therevolution

For what? We don't use the talent we have now. We have to 2 former 1,000 yard rushers and barely got a chance to get 100 yard game this season.

Originally Posted by gangsta207therevolution

For what? We don't use the talent we have now. We have to 2 former 1,000 yard rushers and barely got a chance to get 100 yard game this season.

Back
Top Bottom