May Wrestling Thread | AEW Double or Nothing This Sunday

January JOTM

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Almost done with the HBK bio..And I can't help but mention his wife..The parts where she's talking have got to be archival footage..Casue there is no way in hell a woman in her late 40's/early 50's is going on national tv looking like that..
Yea it's an archive footage from HBK 07 doc.

green rhino123 green rhino123 it's out there that Don Kernodle has passed away..RIP..

Rest In Peace

WWE is saddened to learn that Don Kernodle passed away at the age of 71.

After a wrestling career at Elon College, Kernodle broke into the sports-entertainment world with Jim Crockett Promotions in 1973. The grappler burst onto the scene of the National Wrestling Alliance as part of Sgt. Slaughter’s “Cobra Corps,” teaming with Slaughter and Pvt. Jim Nelson. The partnership spawned multiple NWA World and Mid-Atlantic Tag Team Championship reigns for Kernodle, battling the likes of Ricky Steamboat, Jay Youngblood, Iceman King Parsons and others.

Kernodle competed with WWE throughout 1982 and 1983, as a team with Nelson and in one-on-one bouts against legendary competitors such as Tito Santana and Rocky Johnson. After the singles stint, Kernodle returned to the NWA for memorable tag team runs with Bob Orton Jr. and Ivan Koloff. Kernodle stepped away from the NWA in 1986 but continued to wrestle in a number of independent promotions. Outside the ring, Kernodle served as a deputy sheriff with the Alamance County sheriff’s office in North Carolina.

WWE extends its condolences to Kernodle’s family and friends.

NWA Tag Team Title Match

Jay Youngblood & Ricky STeamboat vs Don Kernodle & Sgt. Slaughter (c)

1621380455212.png

I’m sure they want to push this Sarray girl but I just don’t see anything special about her the way we did Io and Asuka. Kari took some time but she has that pirate gimmick that just fit.

Sarray just meh to me

Back
Top Bottom