May Wrestling Thread | AEW Double or Nothing This Sunday

January JOTM

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think he has a record. Not sure what he did. Similar to the Briscoes.

Just wild seeing a Bay Area Samoan in wrestling cussing folks out like he is in the street. :lol:

Yeah just opened up Youstube and listened to a different Cornette video about him. Hope he can get to a bigger stage. Sounds talented.

MajinZuub MajinZuub Yea I've heard stories man. Konnam
Yeah just opened up Youstube and listened to a different Cornette video about him. Hope he can get to a bigger stage. Sounds talented.
Would love to see him in NXT and/Shakedown.

But then again, I would want him away from RR for as long as possible because they tend to overexpose certain matchups.

The WWE 24/7 Champion.

vlcsnap-2021-02-21-09h18m11s212.png

vlcsnap-2021-02-21-09h18m47s824.png

vlcsnap-2021-02-21-09h18m54s766.png

vlcsnap-2021-02-21-09h19m09s851.png

Canadian Destroyer Canadian Destroyer
@ITO
degenerate423 degenerate423
Case Case
Peep Game Peep Game
King of Trash Style King of Trash Style
JCMojica24 JCMojica24

WCW Nitro:04/01/1996

Singles Match
Sting vs. The Giant (w/Jimmy Hart)
Not complaining but I wonder what inspires them to start a show with the wrestlers already in the ring. I don’t know if it makes the matches feel more OR less important. Also, why did a DQ take place? Luger just got in the ring, he didn’t touch anyone. There have been other instances of outsiders setting foot into the ring and no DQ has taken place. Lack of consistency from the Refs has always been an issue in Pro Wrestling.

Triangle Tag Team Match
The Road Warriors (Road Warrior Animal & Road Warrior Hawk) vs. The Nasty Boys (Brian Knobbs & Jerry Sags) vs. The Steiner Brothers (Rick Steiner & Scott Steiner)
I usually hate Triangle Matches but this wasn’t that bad. This was easily the best showing from the NAsty Boys during our watching of these shows. Creative finish with Public Enemy/NAsty Boys.
Heenan: “I’m not sure if the Steiners even speak English.” - I chuckled.

Tag Team Match
Arn Anderson & Kevin Sullivan (w/Miss Elizabeth & Woman) vs. Hulk Hogan & The Booty Man (w/The Booty Babe)
I was expecting the ref to reverse the call after he saw the women’s shoes in the ring after the pinfall. Like I said before, anything involving Hogan/BM puts me to sleep at this point.

WCW World Heavyweight Title Match
Ric Flair (w/Miss Elizabeth & Woman) (c) vs. Lex Luger
Great heel work here from the Heel unit. I enjoyed the dirty finish from Woman. The announce team really sold it being scolding hot coffee. Heenan mentioned seeing steam coming from the cup a few times. THAT is how you put a finish over. Overall, solid match between these two.

I enjoyed this week’s show. I am fully expecting some foolishness to take place with BM/Hogan next week.

Did you or DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican catch the ref dropkicking a rope break in one of the matches?
That **** made me jump out of seat :lol:
:lol: Yes, it was funny. You will see it more as we move along the timeline.

Did you or DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican catch the ref dropkicking a rope break in one of the matches?
That **** made me jump out of seat :lol:
:lol: Yes, it was funny. You will see it more as we move along the timeline.

1 Apr 1996
Monday Nitro

Arn Anderson & Taskmaster vs Booty Man and Hulk Hogan

I wonder how Page felt every time Booty Man made out with his broad,

Lex Luger vs Ric Flair for the WCW World Heavyweight Championship
Went from shoe, to powder, to hot coffee and all are achieving the same exact result.
1. Yea, I immediately thought of DDP when that kiss took place. Not sure if I would have let that fly.

2. I agree with your point of them not doing enough to highlight the run Luger was on at the time.

3. :lol: @ shoe, to powder, to hot coffee a

Side note: Did anyone notice PePe stayed for the whole show? Usually he is gone after a few segments. :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom