May Wrestling Thread | AEW Double or Nothing This Sunday

January JOTM

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Feel like I'm just more indifferent than anything about The Edge winning. Like, would Bryanson or AJ winning have been all that much better and made everyone happy? Don't really think so.

Keith Lee is really the guy that you would've liked to seen elevated with a win, but he had Covid (or was at least around IT) and wasn't even in the match. Langston would've been cool too, but he's already the IC champ. He needs some more time as a singles competitor also I think.

Can only speak for myself, but you would be really wrong in that case.

I agree, Keith Lee is the guy I’d like to see. But I also have a problem with multiple people coming in that are part timers or no timers. People who have No future and do nothing to boost day in and day out viewership. Why aren’t those 2 to 5 spots reserved to make some future stars? (Rhetorical) I liked seeing Priest do well even though I’m not a fan of his specifically. However he’s not some young up and comer at 38/39, his shelf life is a couple years and he has 0 build on the main roster sans last night. And who you ask? Pick anyone of these guys and let them shine: Andrade, Angel Garza, Humberto, Black, Montez, Adam Cole and co., Dexter, Kross if he is healed up, Dunne, Santos Escobar, Dream if he’s been cleared of all the picture stuff (eh maybe not), Devlin, WALTER.

I don’t understand the logic other than you have a lack of star power and you have No One in the pipeline you’ve built that is a better option than Edge. Who is Edge facing? Reigns? I have absolutely no interest in that main event for Mania, and that is the place where Reigns should be.

It’s not just about last night...

Last edited by a moderator:
#YallsCompany

Funny.

See the above about how I just talked about this. It baffles me how the Rumble isn’t being used to showcase up and comers. Build you IC/US title picture with these contenders and get something going for them.

Beyond frustrating, I need all you guys to become the NTWT version of Reddit and invest in me to put a company together. I’ll put the link in the description.

B Sox B Sox , I was going to say you feeling indifferent is probably a feeling a company wouldn't dare want their fans to feel after a big event. That might be worse than folks claiming they are so mad they will cancel their Network Subscription.

Is IT really? :lol:

While that may be my feeling, and I know there's folks that don't like The Edge, there is also PLENTY of people that do like him, are happy to have him back, and were happy to see him win last night.

I'm obviously not trying to see guys like Kane, Taker, and Goldberg that are 50+ and can barely move anymore. That is dumb.

I'm just not sure we should really be penalizing other guys just for being older though. Wrestlers are living better lifestyles and generally not dying in their 30s/40s like they were in generations past. In The Edge's case, he basically got 10 years of his career taken from him. If he's good health-wise, motivated, and can still actually work, why wouldn't you use him?

Even though guys like Bryanson, AJ, and Orton still work perfectly fine, they should just have to hang IT up because of age?

In The Edge's case, he basically got 10 years of his career taken from him. If he's good health-wise, motivated, and can still actually work, why wouldn't you use him?
Using him is cool, no issue there.
Winning the 2021 Royal Rumble is where I draw the line.

What is the long term purpose of allowing Edge to win?

Using him is cool, no issue there.
Winning the 2021 Royal Rumble is where I draw the line.

What is the long term purpose of allowing Edge to win?
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe this is supposed to be just a one off run for The Edge? I'm pretty sure his goal is to be around for a bit, health-permitting.

Is your argument that the Royal Rumble winner should ONLY be up and comers? Even though that's never really been the case?

You would have also drawn the line for guys like Bryanson, AJ, and Rollins, correct?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe this is supposed to be just a one off run for The Edge? I'm pretty sure his goal is to be around for a bit, health-permitting.

Is your argument that the Royal Rumble winner should ONLY be up and comers? Even though that's never really been the case?

You would have also drawn the line for guys like Bryanson, AJ, and Rollins, correct?

Nah, MY argument isn't the Royal Rumble winner should ONLY be up and comers, that hasn't been the case throughout the match's history.

My argument is the Royal Rumble shouldn't be wasted on a 47 year old dude with a pencil neck and a repaired broken back.

My argument is the Royal Rumble shouldn't be wasted on a part time. dude Whether he WANTS to be around doesn't dismiss the fact that he is currently a part-timer.

No issue with Bryanson, AJ, or Rollins winning.

Last edited:
Even if Edge is going to stick around, why does he need to be in the title picture? He isn't some great monster that can run through everyone (See Goldberg). He isn't some extremely dangerous hand-to-hand combatant that can rip a man's face off with a single strike. He doesn't have the physically dominating persona/ability to be featured at the age of 47. Nah.

It is Edge. A CAreer B - Player.

So if someone like that can flourish @ the age 47, what are you telling the audience about the strength of your current roster?

Horrible decision, and nah. I ain't gonna "Wait and See."

Idk why yall so upset.

After watching WWE, its not hard to figure out.

If you are a fan of someone new, don't even bother, most in WWE don't reach their career peaks for at least 10-15 years on the main roster.

So if you're a fan of Keith Lee, come back for the 2036 Royal Rumble where I am sure he will win after a surprise comeback to eliminate Dijak.

This is actually the TRUE AJ styles and Daniel Bryan era.

Roman's actual peak era really starts in 2029.

HP_Hero_930x525_Braunnew_1.31.21.jpg

Even if Edge is going to stick around, why does he need to be in the title picture? He isn't some great monster that can run through everyone (See Goldberg). He isn't some extremely dangerous hand-to-hand combatant that can rip a man's face off with a single strike. He doesn't have the physically dominating persona/ability to be featured at the age of 47. Nah.

So if someone like that can flourish @ the age 47, what are you telling the audience about the strength of your current roster?

He's one of the most decorated performers in the history of the business despite everything you wrote in the first paragraph. 4x WWE champ and 7x World Heavyweight.

His last match prior to injury, while not "The Greatest Match Ever", was still really good. He can actually wrestle. And he can cut a promo. And he's bigger than the majority of the roster.

If he looked more like a fat blob like Chris Jericho, I would be more in agreement with you. He doesn't though. At all.

Edge sucks

He's one of the most decorated performers in the history of the business despite everything you wrote in the first paragraph. 4x WWE champ and 7x World Heavyweight.

His last match prior to injury, while not "The Greatest Match Ever", was still really good. He can actually wrestle. And he can cut a promo. And he's bigger than the majority of the roster.

Yes, he has had a HOF career.

I am simply saying, there are ways to feature a veteran/established talent without propping him at the TOP of the roster.

Having him win the RR was so unnecessary.

He can have a cool US/IC Title chase/run, help improve the status of some young folks. But the RoyalRumble? Come on man.

But we can agree to disagree on it.

Yes, he has had a HOF career.

I am simply saying, there are ways to feature a veteran/established talent without propping him at the TOP of the roster.

Having him win the RR was so unnecessary.

He can have a cool US/IC Title chase/run, help improve the status of some young folks. But the RoyalRumble? Come on man.

But we can agree to disagree on it.
Ok so you are simply saying that IT would've been a horrible decision to have veteran/established talent like Daniel Bryanson, AJ Styles, and Seth Rollins win. Would have been unnecessary.

Got you.

Ok so you are simply saying that IT would've been a horrible decision to have veteran/established talent like Daniel Bryanson, AJ Styles, and Seth Rollins win. Would have been unnecessary.

Got you.
See my initial post for context please.

Nah, MY argument isn't the Royal Rumble winner should ONLY be up and comers, that hasn't been the case throughout the match's history.

My argument is the Royal Rumble shouldn't be wasted on a 47 year old dude with a pencil neck and a repaired broken back.

My argument is the Royal Rumble shouldn't be wasted on a part time. dude Whether he WANTS to be around doesn't dismiss the fact that he is currently a part-timer.

No issue with Bryanson, AJ, or Rollins winning.

Back
Top Bottom