May 1 is here Where are you Going to college? Vol. Class of '10

^ oh dang i'm from LA too
where from?
near Pasadena?
but you got into sick schools, but i'd go out of state, did any school give any significant aid then the other if you don't mind me asking?

enrique - go to northwestern and major in econ
or umich and major in finance

still northwestern > all

Originally Posted by ku JHAWX

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

Originally Posted by ku JHAWX

THE University of Kansas...haha

Majoring in Sports Management

Can not wait.
nerd.gif

Waits for all the college is a waste of time people to chime in
laugh.gif

Anyway to the dude I quoted.  Do yourself a favor, if you really want a career in sports seek out any student worker positions in the Athletic Department.  It will build your resume, connections and give you a small taste of what a career in sports will be like.  Sure you will have to be at sports of little to no interest (Womens Soccer, Mens Polo, etc.), it will pay off in the end. 

If you can't get a student worker position, offer to do it pro-bono.  If they see that you really want to do it, they will find a spot for you.  Don't limit your options.

I hear ya my man...I talked to my Grandpa who is a KU alumni and big time doner of the athletic department and knows A LOT of people...he contacted Bill Self's secretary to find out some information and she said I can not apply for a position until I am an actual student there and there was something else that made it so I have to wait a full year to apply...It sucks but I think it will be worth it (or I hope at least) but I'm not necesarily looking for one sport to work with...I'd honestly work with any sport...like you had mentioned.
Im going to majoring in sport management at The University of Tennessee-Knoxville this fall, and I plan to try to work with the football/hoops team.  What are good tips to getting internships with pro franchises in the future.

Back
Top Bottom