Matrix 4 Out Now

Fans expect the whereabouts of Morpheus to somehow factor into the plot of “The Matrix 4.” Rumors have circulated for months that new cast member and “Watchmen” Emmy winner Yahya Abdul-Mateen II is playing a younger iteration of Morpheus, but Keanu Reeves threw such speculation a curveball when he said “The Matrix 4” plot would not be going back into the past whatsoever.

Fishburne first revealed to Vulture last August that he was not invited back to play Morpheus in the new sequel. Fishburne added at the time, “Maybe that will make me write another play. I’m looking for the blessing in that. I wish them well. I hope it’s great.” The actor then doubled down on his well wishes for “The Matrix 4” later that month in a separate interview with Entertainment Tonight. Even if “The Matrix 4” is bringing Morpheus back via Yahya Abdul-Mateen II, Fishburne said he’s gotten no warning and added, “I have no clue. I haven’t read anything.

“I have not been asked to join them, which is fine,” Fishburne said. “I am hopeful that it will be wonderful and it will satisfy audiences and that people will love it.”

Despite missing out on “The Matrix 4,” Fishburne is keeping his franchise work going by rejoining Reeves for the upcoming “John Wick 4.” That sequel is now in production. “The Matrix 4” is scheduled to open in theaters and stream on HBO Max beginning December 22.

Man I hope they’re pulling a Marvel and Larry(dont call him that, word to Camron :lol: )is totally gonna be in a post credit scene. If hes in John Wick 4 shooting guns and jumping through windows, Imma be pissed.

I think it’s clear that Jessica henwick and yahya are playing variants of trinity and Morpheus

Nvm the clone stuff…Just saw that YouTube “plot leak” from last June…Matches up with the trailer 100%…

also it seemed mad weird to me. you bring back everyone but Morpheus nah we can just get another bald black guy?

it just felt very derivative, like they have nothing new to bring .

I think I need to re-watch the Matrix trilogy to understand why this new movie is here lol.

Wouldn't count out Morpheus not being in the new movie, just yet.
I wouldn't count LF not being in it yet either.

I agree. On the past season/season and a half of Black-ish, he's visibly in better shape(close to Morpheus form) than he was in the earlier ones. He's definitely been working out for something - John Wick 4, Matrix 4 or both.

I agree. On the past season/season and a half of Black-ish, he's visibly in better shape(close to Morpheus form) than he was in the earlier ones. He's definitely been working out for something - John Wick 4, Matrix 4 or both.

I hope you're right. i like yayah,
but just the fact that he's playing bootleg Morpheus makes me cringe

Fishburne first revealed to Vulture last August that he was not invited back to play Morpheus in the new sequel.

Not saying this isnt true, but you know this means nothing in 2021, right?

ValidReliableIndusriverdolphin-size_restricted.gif

Na where's my man Morpheus at? But also hyped and can't wait to watch because i love the trilogy. Just confused as how to how everything will tie together. Why aren't Trinity and Neo together and why doesn't sure remember anything?

Na where's my man Morpheus at? But also hyped and can't wait to watch because i love the trilogy. Just confused as how to how everything will tie together. Why aren't Trinity and Neo together and why doesn't sure remember anything?
Didn't Trinity die and Neo get taken away? I'm sure it'll get explained, hopefully in a coherent way.

Not saying this isnt true, but you know this means nothing in 2021, right?

Yeah people lie about being in movies all the time. Its possible he's in the movie in a limited role and signed an NDA not to talk about it.

At least I hope so....

Back
Top Bottom