MARVEL NETFLIX Thread * RIP STAN LEE - Jessica Jones = Final Season

WHICH MARVEL SHOW/SEASON HAS BEEN YOUR FAVORITE SO FAR?

• Daredevil S1

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • Daredevil S2

Votes: 43 37.4%
  • Jessica Jones

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • Luke Cage

Votes: 26 22.6%
  • He Insisted & Bragged That He Was the Iron Fist But Never Really Showed & Whined About It Instead AK

Votes: 2 1.7%

• Total voters
Y'all better back up off Claire before I start throwing hands to defend her honor. Gonna be fighting y'all off like the Punisher in that prison scene lol

Claire was scolding Danny like a little boy all series. Suddenly his hand glows and she's supposed to get wet for him lol

I'm jumping between watching Iron Fist and reading an old Green Lantern comic book from the 90s (Guy Gardner if anyone's curious), but before I get any further I just have to say something. You know i'm not a major Iron Fist fan and don't know a lot about his history, but even I can see where this plot is diverging from the initial origin. Seems to me like Marvel would have been better off had they stuck to that. Danny Rand returns to New York to seek revenge on Harold Mechum for murdering his father, but decides not to kill him when he see's that Harold lost his legs shortly after Danny killing his father (Avalanche or something like that due to a snowstorm, which is when he killed Danny's father). Harold, however, is then killed by a ninja right after and his daughter Joy walks in. She then blames Iron Fist for his death. Iron Fist spends some time clearing his name, during which he meets Luke, Misty, and the others, and becomes a superhero.

I really think that might have been better received than this story, Danny working to regain a company that is certainly his by right, but that he really doesn't know the first thing about. You could even have had it revealed towards the end of the season or halfway through that the dude who killed Mechum was working for The Hand, which then connects the show to Daredevil automatically. I say this because, to my knowledge, Danny doesn't even run the company in the comics anyways, but he still does his hero thing. So, it just seems that going a different route would have been for the better, when unlike say Green Arrow or Batman, he doesn't actually get much from the company to begin with.

Last edited:
Danny has a guy or girl run the day to day but he's still in charge.

He's like a super lax Bruce Wayne in that Batman comics at least bother to show Bruce at his day job and doing it competently and cuz his secret identity still matters.

I guess it's cuz it's been done routinely with Stark but it's a wonder how they're aren't more Danny goes bankrupt/loses the company and had to get it back/become wealthy again stories.

As for departure from the comics, yeah you see it clearly but I don't necessarily disagree with wanting to focus solely on Danny and not include the expected predictable friends. If anything more K'un L'un/immortal cities elements should've popped up in NYC because of Danny's choice.

So I finally get to ep 8. where they open with Claire reading Luke's letter. She's huggin and kissing it like its a newborn baby. Then on the plane to China she says she doesn't have BF, lol. My man in jail and his woman off to China singing "All my single ladies"

Claire... :lol: :smh:

Chick just wants super D, she don't wanna be saved.

Last edited:
Danny has a guy or girl run the day to day but he's still in charge.

He's like a super lax Bruce Wayne in that Batman comics at least bother to show Bruce at his day job and doing it competently and cuz his secret identity still matters.

I guess it's cuz it's been done routinely with Stark but it's a wonder how they're aren't more Danny goes bankrupt/loses the company and had to get it back/become wealthy again stories.

As for departure from the comics, yeah you see it clearly but I don't necessarily disagree with wanting to focus solely on Danny and not include the expected predictable friends. If anything more K'un L'un/immortal cities elements should've popped up in NYC because of Danny's choice.

See, I don't think it'd serve them much purpose to do stories where he loses the company if he's not even running the day-to-day operations AND if he doesn't actually need the company to have a secret identity. Bruce Wayne can't really be Batman for long without his company. Danny Rand sounds like he just keeps control of the company more because it's his by right rather than because he actually needs it. In comparison, Bruce Wayne and Tony Stark rely on the profits that their companies generate. Therefore, you do occasionally need stories with them actually being shown doing some type of work to maintain the company. It serves to remind readers/viewers of their intelligence and never makes you think that their just rich guys looking for thrills by fighting crime. A greater purpose/urgency is added as well, because they actually need that money.

You definitely could have thrown in more aspect of K'un L'un, especially since the ninja that originally killed Harold was affiliated with them I believe, but you've got Colleen showing up anyways. Obviously Claire shows up and Misty was already set to show up through the last episode of Luke Cage. So, the friends were already on a course to play some role in this show, minus Luke, before it even started.

Last edited:
Well honestly she hasn't gave up the P to anyone yet. Matt reached 3rd base. Luke was in the batters box but got thrown out the game.

Karen would be perfect for Danny if she gets over her Punisher fetish.

Not even Danny Rand deserves to be placed with Karen :lol: Naah. Let Misty whip him into shape. She's interested in learning some martial arts anyways.

Karen is all-purpose. Expert lawyer overnight, expert reporter overnight, expert investigator. I'm sure she could master kung-fu within an episode or two.

Last edited:
Daredevil Season 3 Filming Later This Year

Netflix is gearing up for its anticipated Defenders series, as they recently released a new teaser. Netflix and Marvel didn't stop there, though, and courtesy of actor Charlie Cox fans now have a much better idea of when they will finally be getting a season 3 in the show that started it all.

Cox guested on the "Film and Telly Stuff With Luke And Al" radio show (via MCU Exchange), and when asked about the popular show he said "I do that later in the year. We’ll go back and do that." Earlier this year a teaser was released for the show, but no release date was given. This week Marvel and Netflix have been revealing more of their long-term plans, with Jessica Jones also getting the green light for filming.

Back
Top Bottom