MARVEL NETFLIX Thread * RIP STAN LEE - Jessica Jones = Final Season

WHICH MARVEL SHOW/SEASON HAS BEEN YOUR FAVORITE SO FAR?

• Daredevil S1

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • Daredevil S2

Votes: 43 37.4%
  • Jessica Jones

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • Luke Cage

Votes: 26 22.6%
  • He Insisted & Bragged That He Was the Iron Fist But Never Really Showed & Whined About It Instead AK

Votes: 2 1.7%

• Total voters
chances are Elektra will be back to life and already with the hand of make that turn mid-season

we still really don't know who the baddie for Defenders is though, there's a good chance it's the hand but they better have a big villain, hopefully Elektra or Gao possessed by the Beast
I just assumed with the teaser trailer the hand would be heavily/primarily in involved.. hence why im so hard on that aspect of their handling in IF.. legit feel like we legitimately learned more about their master plan from DD 

Last edited:
It was interesting to find out that there are different factions within the hand that don't get along and operate differently. Wonder how high up the food chain gao and bakuto are and what side the majority of the hand side with.

I didn't like it that there's that organization separation within the hand, I guess I just like them as a single unit instead of having different sects feuding.

Plus Madame Gao is likely Crane Mother anyways so she should be a little more OP than Bakuto's candy a** (dude couldn't do ish to Danny even when wielding a samurai). Gao should be the one that is fleshed out in the Defenders, she's easily the most intriguing villain so far to me especially if she is the Crane Mother then it would mean that she led Danny out of the gates of KunLun.

I didn't mind that there is conflict within the hand.. it's like anything else with power hungry people, you'll have some in fighting

but did we really learn anything other than that, that we didn't already know?

my biggest issue, is how does this legitimately move things forward

Last edited:
I do understand it, I just didn't like it. I just wanted them to be a this one huge villain to look more threatening.

Having feuds like that just makes the whole group look weaker so I didn't like it.

It would have helped if they revealed there to be a bigger baddie that provided consequences for the feud, someone that Gao and Bakuto actually feared.

I just wanted to see that big threat that would get me excited for the Defenders, an opponent that makes it reasonable for those 4 to team up and I guess they are saving that for later but it definitely doesn't help my excitement for the upcoming series. I mean I am already excited it for it, it just didn't elevate it and instead of wanting the Defenders show now, it just makes me somewhat glad there's a break so I can decompress after binge watching IF.

Last edited:
^ yup.. completely agree

based on what we've seen, it doesn't even make sense to have the whole k'un-lun dedicate themselves to defeating the version of the hand we saw in IF..

based on what we saw in DD, where it just seemed like we were getting the tip of the iceberg.. THAT, I could see making sense.. where gao was just one of many and she was making moves in new york 

I mean didn't even have to be huge.. just someone faceless voice making a call and you seeing the reactions from both of em.. just seemed there easily was something significantly better out there for them to do with the story

very easily could have been kinda like lost before that show went off the rails.. where even though you had the others, there was something bigger and badder behind em   

My problem with Bakuto's Hand 'sect' story arc was that it brought them down a notch to a level that didn't seem as scary as it was represented in DD. The ambiguity and mystery of the all powerful Hand controlling underworld crime was suddenly brought down a few pegs and humanized in IF. It reminded me of the Shedder recruiting kids for the Foot Clan in TMNT made them less of a thread with all their cards laid out for the viewers to see.

I do understand that there is a higher power behind them, but I think they could have done a better job with other ranks within the hand that didn't include adolescent teens and military style staff and security. Where are the ninjas and threatening fighters at?

Last edited:
^^ Haha indeed.

I also agree with your point in that the entire story arc between The Hand conflicts makes the organization weaker. They could have done so in a different way that kept their 'high table' status.

Shang Chi doesn't have developed compelling mythos behind him. :lol:

I personally don't really care about what Asian people think, they can cool with Danny being white, or they could prefer Shang Chi...both of those concepts are wack to me.

Nothing about Shang-Chi is interesting to me, and Iron First is like b grade bruce wayne mixed with some 70's orientalism.

**** is wack to me, and what happened with series was entirely predictable. :lol:

chances are Elektra will be back to life and already with the hand of make that turn mid-season

we still really don't know who the baddie for Defenders is though, there's a good chance it's the hand but they better have a big villain, hopefully Elektra or Gao possessed by the Beast

I just assumed with the teaser trailer the hand would be heavily/primarily in involved.. hence why im so hard on that aspect of their handling in IF.. legit feel like we legitimately learned more about their master plan from DD 
I find myself wishing they stayed truer to the comics and did the opposite. No Hand **** for the bulk of the series until the end where Danny runs across them in the city and decided to take them out due to their latest treacherous act (that DD isn't around to handle for w/e reason) or keep their name hidden as far as who brought Harold back. Make him shadowy figures until the last 3 dps like in DD.

I mean Luke and Jessica got their core villains going at them in their first season for better or worse.

Danny's enemies aint a long list bht they're good and you can do enough with them for t.v. Could've had Davos pursuing Danny more in the season, could've had Danny wondering why the Iron Fist chi is not as strong as it should be and he discovers the other still alive former Iron Fist.

Maybe properly introduce the other immortal weapons. As far as I'm concerned that was a knockoff Bride of 9 spiders. I want Fat Cobra and Dog Brother #1 :smokin

The more I think about it they did IF a slight disservice with all that made up sworn enemy of the Hand stuff. Especially when they apparently haven't attacked K'un L'un in 15 years.

I didn't like it that there's that organization separation within the hand, I guess I just like them as a single unit instead of having different sects feuding.

Plus Madame Gao is likely Crane Mother anyways so she should be a little more OP than Bakuto's candy a** (dude couldn't do ish to Danny even when wielding a samurai). Gao should be the one that is fleshed out in the Defenders, she's easily the most intriguing villain so far to me especially if she is the Crane Mother then it would mean that she led Danny out of the gates of KunLun.
She's not.

I wouldn't hold your breath on Crane Mother showing up.

Shang Chi doesn't have developed compelling mythos behind him. :lol:
Thats a lie. You just don't like it.

I'd pay money for a Shang movie. Fighting against his father, running the gay tlet of deadly foes. That's pure kung fu action backed with the lead being a dynamic character.

But it's funny the only story you're interested in is the white guy's but only if they make him Asian.

Last edited:
that's a "lie"? :lol:

Shang chi barley made it out the 70's and he's got an equally developed mythos as iron first? okay man.

forgive me ill pass on generic asian martial arts guy who's dad is "fu manchu"

But it's funny the only story you're interested in is the white guy's but only if they make him Asian.

yeah because thst the interesting one that i havent really seen before. :lol:

Last edited:
finally finished Iron Fist, this show could have been 7 episodes instead of 13

- if I wanted to watch big business meetings and arguments I'd watch Wolf of Wall Street, all three Meachum's turned from face to heel to face so many times it made my head explode.
- why build up K'un Lun so many times just for us to barely see it at all, it's supposed to be some mystical important place yet we don't even see it for more than 2 minutes on screen
- Finn Jones cannot act one bit, his speeches during fight scenes were so cringeworthy
- the choreography looked so telegraphed and deliberate for nearly every fight scene. I understand the normal kung fu movie "let's all fight the guy one at a time instead of just attacking all at once" trope but jesus it was too noticeable in this since Danny barely used weapons
- Colleen was fine, no complaints about her
- Claire mentioned fighting the hand several times yet Danny and Colleen never thought to ask about her "friend" even once :smh:

Overall I give it a 3/8, worst of the Netflix series by a mile. No matter who played Danny Rand with this script it would have still been terrible. 13 episodes was way too long with this clunky writing

How many eps Will Hellcat aka Trish Walker be in Defenders for?  Stick, Hellcat, Misty Knight and Colleen wing i think are the 4 secondary characters for each defenders right?

I forgot about Trish Walker. I'd love her to be on The Defenders. She's the definition of #teamfunsized
embarassed.gif
real talk I thought you were referring to her tatas...

Back
Top Bottom