Mare of Easttown (starring Kate Winslet & Guy Pearce) | HBO Miniseries | Sunday 10 PM

And that folks is some goddamn high quality entertainment. Just an all around well done show. I had a slight hunch that there was more to Ryan’s story but I never thought he murked Erin. :wow:

And Mare is better than me. I would’ve throat punched Lori when she started talking spicy in the car after Ryan was taken in. Like yo, YOU obstructed a murder investigation and admitted to doing so and you want to get mad at me? Even after you got to walk away from that legally unscathed? Nah. :lol:

Mare going up in the attic was a nice finishing touch to an epic finale. Well done
Mare holding Lori as she fell to the floor and wept coupled with That scene you mention of her ascending to the attic and those being the final scenes to the film, along with the Music playing as she disappears into the attic really were perfectly executed. It’s little moments like those that viewers can feel. It helps her case for more awards, that’s for sure.

Still, nothing explained why Dylan was chasing down girls with a gun, somebody care to shed any light in this?

Dylan knew John was the father but he wanted his own parents to keep custody of the kid. He didn't want anyone to find out John was the father.

That's why they burned the diaries and that's why he tried to scare the girl from telling the cops the truth......but she did it anyway. And his family lost custody of DJ.

Dylan knew John was the father but he wanted his own parents to keep custody of the kid. He didn't want anyone to find out John was the father.

That's why they burned the diaries and that's why he tried to scare the girl from telling the cops the truth......but she did it anyway. And his family lost custody of DJ.
That would make sense.
Dylan didn’t find out until after the accident and he woke up and his Parents suggested that he get a paternity test. He got one and then he knew he wasn’t the Father, I guess I missed how exactly he knew who the actual father was when nobody else did.....?

The Deacons last sermon led to Mare confronting Lori and everything he said would happen, did happen.

There was also the restaurant scene where Helen (Mare's mom) broke down and told her how she really felt.

All three scenes lead to Mare going up to the attic.

All very well done.

That would make sense.
Dylan didn’t find out until after the accident and he woke up and his Parents suggested that he get a paternity test. He got one and then he knew he wasn’t the Father, I guess I missed how exactly he knew who the actual father was when nobody else did.....?

The picture of Erin lying in bed with John was in the diaries. Erin's friend stole it from there and showed the cops.

I thought that scene with Ryan mashing the dude in the cafeteria with the lunch tray seemed a little out of left field. :lol:

Didn't think it would lead to THAT though. Sheesh.

The writer love interest seems so forced and not needed now.

In these types of shows usually every character plays a role. The show would have been fine without him.

The writer love interest seems so forced and not needed now.

In these types of shows usually every character plays a role. The show would have been fine without him.
I think he was there just to throw us off. Another character for us to eye. Remind us that no one can really be trusted. Force us to ask ourselves how well can we really trust ppl that come in and out of our lives sort of thing.

I’m really surprised by such positive feed back in here.

This never really grabbed me the way Sharp Objects did, or even True Detective S3.

Back
Top Bottom