Man of Steel (Superman Movie Thread) - June 14, 2013 - NEW Trailer pg20

I agree, I think it'll be a set-up for bigger things too but I wish there was more of a hint in the film though. Like when Clark was introduced in the Daily Planet, if she could have at least given him a look that hints that there is a future there somewhere since Olsen is suppose to be Clark & Supermans best friend. When she was initially casted, I thought it could be an interesting love triangle with Lois but she really did/added nothing to the film.

I got no expectations they have plans for Olsen. The most forgettable of the forgettable :lol: Like they could've went the whole film without naming her and there'd be no difference (same for that other white guy that was with Perry helping her out the rubble). Maybe they pull a Smallville and Jimmy shows up as her cousin/brother.

Last edited:
ABSOLUTELY LOVED THIS ******G MOVIE!!!!!

One of the most complete movies ive seen in a long time. My date was opposed to the pacing of it but for me it was perfect. My gawd i havent been so excited while watching a movie in forever.

Her last name was Olsen though it was pretty pointless to make that character female when her role is so minimal anyways. Should have just stuck to the classic male role.

Again tho, that could be set in motion for future work. Even tho small now, her role may be bigger and more important later. I have to believe these guys were trying to think bigger picture when doing this, so not one detail was done without reason.

No doubts in my mind when you consider who's all involved in the production of this movie. It was the perfect origin movie that leads to much more epic sequels. After it's all completed, I'm almost certain that MOS will be a lot more valued than it is right now.

MoS got beat on the Box Office by MU and WWZ, however....

While Man of Steel may have dropped more than expected domestically, Deadline now reports that a strong overseas showing this weekend has resulted in the Superman reboot grossing $398.3 million worldwide. Depending how things go from here, it will reach $400 million by later today or early tomorrow. Stay tuned for further updates!

just saw the movie.it was good but i thought it would be better.

did he really kill the guy by just snapping his neck? :smh:

MoS domestic sales dropped hard this second weekend.

I think it is due to MU and WWZ though, I don't think IM3 had to contend with 2 big blockbuster films a week later, just Great Gatsby which made $50mil opening weekend. In comparison, MU made $80mil and WWZ made $63mil this weekend.

Why not? They are of the same strength, it can even be argued that Superman is stronger just being exposed to the yellow sun his whole life.

In the comic book Kingdom Come, though not canon, Superman has absorbed so much yellow sun that kryptonite had no more effect on him.

Crazy how Cavill was up for so many roles. Better late than never I guess.

Henry Cavill Turned Down A Leading Role In 300

Add this to the list of awesome roles that MAN OF STEEL star Henry Cavill missed out on including James Bond in the 007 franchise, Cedric Diggory in the Harry Potter franchise, Batman in the Batman franchise and Superman in an earlier version of the Superman franchise. The crucial difference being, for the others he was rejected, 300 he himself was forced to turn down.

The shoot and prep of 300, Zack Snyder's blood-soaked ode to the Spartan warrior culture, happened in late 2005, coinciding with the time the trials for the latest James Bond were going on which was a two man race down to Henry Cavill and Daniel Craig. Cavill could either stay in the race for Bond, or do 300. He chose the later which was a race that he then lost!

Last edited:

Add this to the list of awesome roles that MAN OF STEEL star Henry Cavill missed out on including James Bond in the 007 franchise, Cedric Diggory in the Harry Potter franchise, Batman in the Batman franchise and Superman in an earlier version of the Superman franchise. The crucial difference being, for the others he was rejected, 300 he himself was forced to turn down.

The shoot and prep of 300, Zack Snyder's blood-soaked ode to the Spartan warrior culture, happened in late 2005, coinciding with the time the trials for the latest James Bond were going on which was a two man race down to Henry Cavill and Daniel Craig. Cavill could either stay in the race for Bond, or do 300. He chose the later which was a race that he then lost!

Does it say if he was supposed to be leonidas? If so then thats a huge mistake because it launched Gerard Butlers career. If he was a side guy, I understand, even though he wouldnt get another chance at a starring role for a few years

Why not? They are of the same strength, it can even be argued that Superman is stronger just being exposed to the yellow sun his whole life.

In the comic book Kingdom Come, though not canon, Superman has absorbed so much yellow sun that kryptonite had no more effect on him.

it's just the fact it's a big fight and everything and it finishes just like that. got me like :wow: :nerd: :smh:

it's just the fact it's a big fight and everything and it finishes just like that. got me like :wow: :nerd: :smh:

yea. i thought he wouldve put his hand over zod's eyes while he was doing the heat vision and it would backfire, frying his brain.

Watched it last night with the wifey and we enjoyed it a lot

Way better than superman returns :lol:

Now I,clocking forward to the other future superman movies

I think it is due to MU and WWZ though, I don't think IM3 had to contend with 2 big blockbuster films a week later, just Great Gatsby which made $50mil opening weekend. In comparison, MU made $80mil and WWZ made $63mil this weekend.

Oh for sure, no doubt that the two movies coming out this weekend definitely had something to do with the drop. But the estimated 65-70 percent drop for MoS is still pretty startling. For comparison, This is the End's drop was only 37 percent and it came out last weekend too.

My friend seems to believe that the fact that Superman inherits the entire DNA of what was left of Krypton will play a role somewhere down the line. I didn't/don't follow the comics, but he mentioned it maybe showing up in a movie with Darkseid as the villian. I don't know...

Last edited:
movie was meh could have been better. somebody else should have played lois lane imo. 

I felt the same way there were several plot holes. Lois was calling him Clark like half way thru the movie and he never introduced himself as that. Also didn't like that he started working at the daily planet so lat in the film

movie was meh could have been better. somebody else should have played lois lane imo. 

I felt the same way there were several plot holes. Lois was calling him Clark like half way thru the movie and he never introduced himself as that. Also didn't like that he started working at the daily planet so lat in the film

It was an origin story though. Most of the next movie will probably take place around the DP and focus much more on Clark/Supes relationship with Lois. I like the choice, to be honest. She can play an independent, yet vulernable woman with the best of them. My guess is she kills it next movie.

Last edited:
Bane wasn't really Bats equal, Bane is much stronger even if Bats was on his prime, which he wasn't in TDKR. Batman is human so really any human is his equal.

Superman has plenty of enemy he can go punch for punch with, from the top of my head: Brainiac, Metallo, Darkseid, Doomsday, Bizarro, Lobo, Parasite, Mongul, Gog/Magog, Grundy, Imperiex, etc... Darkseid, Mongul and Imperiex are probably all great for a JLA villain, even Brainiac.
Her last name was Olsen though it was pretty pointless to make that character female when her role is so minimal anyways. Should have just stuck to the classic male role.

ah somebody did a close up of her work pass and her last name was juriwicz or something like that. i must have missed it when perry said olsen

Does it say if he was supposed to be leonidas? If so then thats a huge mistake because it launched Gerard Butlers career. If he was a side guy, I understand, even though he wouldnt get another chance at a starring role for a few years

Probably Fassbenders role. All the other roles seems to be too old for him especially 8 years ago.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom