Malcolm X thread.

Originally Posted by cguy610

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Again my more or less ambivalent views on a lot of topics is what certain NTers have an issue with. I have some pro-black sentiments, yet I call them out for stupidity and ignorance. NTers only choose to focus on the negatives. I have some "black" tastes (entertainment, philosophy,literature etc) and some "non-black" ones...but some ignorant black NTers see this as a rejection of all things black rather than an appreciation of diversity.

Dude,  Dlck Cheney is more pro-black than you. 

Like I said, waits for pseudo pro-black NTers who have no idea what it means to be black/racist to exaggerate. If I were white, the white equivalent of you guys would be calling me an NWord lover.....think about it. It's the same mentality in every single race/ethnic group. Yall aint special. A lot of yall in here, are turning into what you hate most...or should hate most. 

Again my more or less ambivalent views on a lot of topics is what certain NTers have an issue with. I have some pro-black sentiments, yet I call them out for stupidity and ignorance. NTers only choose to focus on the negatives. I have some "black" tastes (entertainment, philosophy,literature etc) and some "non-black" ones...but some ignorant black NTers see this as a rejection of all things black rather than an appreciation of diversity.

Like I said, waits for pseudo pro-black NTers who have no idea what it means to be black/racist to exaggerate. If I were white, the white equivalent of you guys would be calling me an NWord lover.....think about it. It's the same mentality in every single race/ethnic group. Yall aint special. A lot of yall in here, are turning into what you hate most...or should hate most. 

laugh.gif
  Anton, tell me what it is to be black/racist.

Also, your argument fails because I never said that you loved white people.  Nor did I say that you hated black people.  My comparison was on the extent to which you claim to be pro-black.

laugh.gif

Also, your argument fails because I never said that you loved white people.  Nor did I say that you hated black people.  My comparison was on the extent to which you claim to be pro-black.

laugh.gif

Well I'm sorry bro, the %#++ Cheney statement definitely insinuated it. Stop tryna play smart with me, you're just like the "rest of them". What it means to be pro-black is an opinion aint it? Values I consider harmful/detrimental to the black race another black person may think it makes you a strong, consummate black person. Let's just agree to disagree. I'm not any more or less "pro-black" than the average person who claims to be. I'm a humanist, irregardless of race.

laugh.gif

Well I'm sorry bro, the %#++ Cheney statement definitely insinuated it. Stop tryna play smart with me, you're just like the "rest of them". What it means to be pro-black is an opinion aint it? Values I consider harmful/detrimental to the black race another black person may think it makes you a strong, consummate black person. Let's just agree to disagree. I'm not any more or less "pro-black" than the average person who claims to be. I'm a humanist, irregardless of race.

laugh.gif

Which means that you aren't pro-black. 

You left yourself open by saying that you have pro-black sentiments. 

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by trey ohh five

I'm not black but I have read the Autobiography of Malcolm X and have studied Martin Luther King's movement and this is what i get from both of them. Malcolm X wanted to break free from the economic and social dependence of whites, he believed that only blacks could help blacks and that whites would never have the minority's best interests at hand. King pleaded for equality, he wanted to be able to peacefully interact and go about business with the majority, basically he pleaded that whites don't walk all over them anymore. Now analyzing how between the two King's movement basically won and how things are almost 50 years later I truly believe that Malcolm X's method would've demanded much more respect and would've left blacks much better off economically and socially. I live in Miami and although it isn't considered the deep South racism still runs deep around these parts, generally speaking whites do not see blacks as complete equals and many blacks still have that inferiority complex and aspire only to have steady jobs that will get them by, they do not seem to aspire to hold the positions that whites do. Differences in the educational system are still shown, de jure segregation may have been outlawed decades ago but de facto segregation is still very much in place and to put it simply, the "black schools" are just not up to par with the "white schools". I'm just trying to give you guys a different perspective on all this but from my point of view there is still much work to do in terms of race relations in this country, the problem is that after the Civil Rights Movement blacks were no longer in the forefront, many people believed that it was enough and that no more needed to be done. And although electing a black president is a huge step forward it also has its cons because many whites now have this mentality that, well if a black man was elected president then they have all the same opportunities to succeed that we do, and that is simply not the case. I do not hold the views of any of my ignorant white peers, I'm just trying to show you guys what the majority thinks and to be frank if you heard a group of whites talking about what they truly feel about black people you all would believe that you were still living in the 1950's, it's sad but it's true, there is still much work to be done.
Respect... much respect.

Like I stated in an earlier post, Malcolm was ahead of King in his framework in a lot of ways, addressing the great economic and material disparity between the black and white communities being one of them.  I have often contemplated how things might be different today had Malcolm not been killed and had his methods taken hold in a mass, organized movement.  One of his arguments was something that you (as a white person) stated that you believe in your post- that black folks would be more respected and make greater gains if they achieved those gains through "taking" them as opposed to being "granted" them by the same powers that were actively oppressing them (and still do to this day).  Something to think about...

Malcolm also warned of the "tokenism" of "racial progress" so often publicly displayed for a few black individuals while the masses of black folks were still suffering... This was in 1964!  Look no further than the current unemployment (or better yet the actual employment) rate of black males, their rate of incarceration, the prevalence and severity of black poverty, the concentration of black poverty, the black homeownership rate, etc. and you will see and understand the actual decline in socioeconomic status and quality of life for the majority of black people in this country.  In all of the aforementioned areas, blacks are much worse off today in 2010 than they were in 1964!  Yes, the President is black but it could be argued (well) that the masses of black people are suffering now more than at any time since slavery (with the exception of the late 1980s and early 1990s).

A+ post.  The part about blacks being content with just holding jobs is changing though.  With people like Jordan being majority owner, Tyler Perry with his own studio, Diddy with his Ciroc and Bad Boy, Obama as President, it is making more young Blacks believe that they should strive to reach the top. 
Tokenism fam.  Since slavery ended (so to speak), a few blacks have always been able to achieve a certain degree of success while the situation is as bad as ever for the masses of black folks, so nothing besides Obama's national political success is new.  And of the four examples you named, three of them are in sports or entertainment, so more black youth thinking they should strive to be like them is NOT a good look and is leading them astray from reality and from channeling and developing their potential in other areas.  They actually serve as detriments in my opinion.

Originally Posted by trey ohh five

I'm not black but I have read the Autobiography of Malcolm X and have studied Martin Luther King's movement and this is what i get from both of them. Malcolm X wanted to break free from the economic and social dependence of whites, he believed that only blacks could help blacks and that whites would never have the minority's best interests at hand. King pleaded for equality, he wanted to be able to peacefully interact and go about business with the majority, basically he pleaded that whites don't walk all over them anymore. Now analyzing how between the two King's movement basically won and how things are almost 50 years later I truly believe that Malcolm X's method would've demanded much more respect and would've left blacks much better off economically and socially. I live in Miami and although it isn't considered the deep South racism still runs deep around these parts, generally speaking whites do not see blacks as complete equals and many blacks still have that inferiority complex and aspire only to have steady jobs that will get them by, they do not seem to aspire to hold the positions that whites do. Differences in the educational system are still shown, de jure segregation may have been outlawed decades ago but de facto segregation is still very much in place and to put it simply, the "black schools" are just not up to par with the "white schools". I'm just trying to give you guys a different perspective on all this but from my point of view there is still much work to do in terms of race relations in this country, the problem is that after the Civil Rights Movement blacks were no longer in the forefront, many people believed that it was enough and that no more needed to be done. And although electing a black president is a huge step forward it also has its cons because many whites now have this mentality that, well if a black man was elected president then they have all the same opportunities to succeed that we do, and that is simply not the case. I do not hold the views of any of my ignorant white peers, I'm just trying to show you guys what the majority thinks and to be frank if you heard a group of whites talking about what they truly feel about black people you all would believe that you were still living in the 1950's, it's sad but it's true, there is still much work to be done.
Respect... much respect.

Like I stated in an earlier post, Malcolm was ahead of King in his framework in a lot of ways, addressing the great economic and material disparity between the black and white communities being one of them.  I have often contemplated how things might be different today had Malcolm not been killed and had his methods taken hold in a mass, organized movement.  One of his arguments was something that you (as a white person) stated that you believe in your post- that black folks would be more respected and make greater gains if they achieved those gains through "taking" them as opposed to being "granted" them by the same powers that were actively oppressing them (and still do to this day).  Something to think about...

Malcolm also warned of the "tokenism" of "racial progress" so often publicly displayed for a few black individuals while the masses of black folks were still suffering... This was in 1964!  Look no further than the current unemployment (or better yet the actual employment) rate of black males, their rate of incarceration, the prevalence and severity of black poverty, the concentration of black poverty, the black homeownership rate, etc. and you will see and understand the actual decline in socioeconomic status and quality of life for the majority of black people in this country.  In all of the aforementioned areas, blacks are much worse off today in 2010 than they were in 1964!  Yes, the President is black but it could be argued (well) that the masses of black people are suffering now more than at any time since slavery (with the exception of the late 1980s and early 1990s).

A+ post.  The part about blacks being content with just holding jobs is changing though.  With people like Jordan being majority owner, Tyler Perry with his own studio, Diddy with his Ciroc and Bad Boy, Obama as President, it is making more young Blacks believe that they should strive to reach the top. 
Tokenism fam.  Since slavery ended (so to speak), a few blacks have always been able to achieve a certain degree of success while the situation is as bad as ever for the masses of black folks, so nothing besides Obama's national political success is new.  And of the four examples you named, three of them are in sports or entertainment, so more black youth thinking they should strive to be like them is NOT a good look and is leading them astray from reality and from channeling and developing their potential in other areas.  They actually serve as detriments in my opinion.

Originally Posted by red mpls

it could be argued (well) that the masses of black people are suffering now more than at any time since slavery (with the exception of the late 1980s and early 1990s).

explain yourself please... and i mean SPECIFIC suffering in only the black community

it could be argued (well) that the masses of black people are suffering now more than at any time since slavery (with the exception of the late 1980s and early 1990s).

explain yourself please... and i mean SPECIFIC suffering in only the black community

laugh.gif

Oh so the issue here.......is that I'm not solely pro-black but pro-justice for all disenfranchised groups of people. So black people are like last born children who need my undivided attention?
laugh.gif

So me supporting Mandela, MLK and Obama and the black civil rights movement......but also shunning mistreatment/unfair treatment of other peoples like the Jews, Native Americans, Women, Homosexuals, as well as prejudices and ignorance within the black community makes me less "pro-black"?
roll.gif

Well it's been made clear in this thread that supporting MLK is uncle tom behavior so maybe that a bad example. Yall are hilarious.
roll.gif

laugh.gif

Oh so the issue here.......is that I'm not solely pro-black but pro-justice for all disenfranchised groups of people. So black people are like last born children who need my undivided attention?
laugh.gif

So me supporting Mandela, MLK and Obama and the black civil rights movement......but also shunning mistreatment/unfair treatment of other peoples like the Jews, Native Americans, Women, Homosexuals, as well as prejudices and ignorance within the black community makes me less "pro-black"?
roll.gif

Well it's been made clear in this thread that supporting MLK is uncle tom behavior so maybe that a bad example. Yall are hilarious.
roll.gif

Originally Posted by PUSHA C

red mpls said:

I NEED to hear this explanation.

red mpls said:

Originally Posted by gangsta207therevolution

Originally Posted by Nat Turner

Originally Posted by torgriffith

Reads comments about Tupac (who I love bdw but come on son) and NatTurner's comments.

1238584287_seinfeld_had_enough.gif

If you weren't an african american in the hood areas of america when pac first came out and you did not witness what happened first hand to the people, then you cannot relate like I.  end of tupac bashing discussion. Ya'll are really discrediting dude as an artist the way ya'll got him locked into some small little category of entertaining yall's thug fantasy lifestyle and don't understand the full weight of his work. Do you have any idea how profound Dear Momma was? 

I think Tupac did a good job in opening America's eyes to a lot of social ills, however there is a side of his persona may have instilled many negative/destructive values in young black children. I wouldn't look to Tupac as a role model for black children, but that's just my opinion.

Waits for someone to make an excuse for his "thug image" and how this was just a reflection of his environment and his upbringing. Which is true, but if he were smart enough and really wanted to effect positive change he could have still exposed the America to the ills of society in his music without gratifying violence, beef and misogyny (well he contradicted himself in his sentiments toward women).

But then again, if he didn't approach rap music this way...no one would buy his albums.
ohwell.gif

Everybody sells out "their own people" in one way or the other.

As much as he liked to portray himself as such, Tupac was NOT a Martry....MLK died for a cause/his beliefs, Tupac died because of stupidity (rap beef...and east coast west coast nonsense).

LOL @ these pro-black people who are always concerned about "white people laughing at them" but look past a lot of laughable weak-minded ignorance in the black community.
This thread is about championing someone who became a world figure, while coming from humble means. He didn't go to college, and he was not wealthy, yet he influenced more people to become educated not only in the classroom, but in their world view.

Dr. King did NOT do this, Malcolm X did.

So this ,
laughable weak-minded ignorance
,of which you speak, actually speaks volumes of your own personal inadequacies, both socially and intellectually. There is nothing wrong with thinking outside of the box, however in your attempt to do so, you've actually subjected yourself to the will of others, as you *worship* the acknowledgement that has been bestowed upon you in this very thread. Quite ironic isn't it?   

My personal opinion of Tupac Shakur is that he was an idiot on certain levels, brilliant on others. Studying his personality, he was someone who was desperate to be liked. I didn't care for him nor most of his music, but when it comes to enlightenment, I do not knock where people may find that influence. If you read what I said carefully, I noted the possible influence, but not comparing Tupac to King. That is not possible. But what I will say is that I never knew about Patrice Lumumba until I read the Autobigraphy Of Malcolm X, and I never knew about the conflict between the Irish and the Jews, until I read that same book. Wherever it comes from, I do not question it, If some young brother or sister finds their voice and motivation to learn from a Tupac cut, so be it. 

Lol I have no idea what you're talking about with those first few sentences, you don't even know what/who my last comment was directed at. It had nothing to do with Malcom X
laugh.gif

I have no idea what you were getting at with the thinking outside the box comment so I'll leave that alone

We actually somewhat agree on our opinion on Tupac.

I'm starting to get the feeling that's the only book some posers in here have read in their lives. Talk about getting a one-sided view of the world.
But at the same time of you simply just take the opposite sided view and become arrogant about your opinions being questioned resistant to understanding another persons views you are gulity of a disservice to yourself. We can agree that we as a world need change, but if we ourselves are set in our ways then nothing is going to change and the situation will become worse.

See my convo with Torgoriff, I'm actually open to his conspiracy theorist ideas but there's a limit. When some people make overtly ignorant statements, and it becomes obvious they have only read one book in their lives or get most of their opinions from youtube videos, I can't work with them.

With NTers like Nat Turner it's pretty obvious in some arguments that he does it for the sake of arguing with me.

With most arguments I have on NT about ignorance and for eg. religion, I am NOT doing a disservice to myself by subscribing to that kind of mentality. Stop that.
laugh.gif

Waits for NTer to say I hate myself and I'm confused about who I am.
laugh.gif
 I know how you people think (and by you people I don't necessarily mean black people).
laugh.gif

Oh Yeah! It's always about YOU anton! Everything! The only reason a Malcolm X post was made, was so that you could disagree with it!

*SMH@ The Puffery*

Originally Posted by gangsta207therevolution

Originally Posted by Nat Turner

Originally Posted by torgriffith

Reads comments about Tupac (who I love bdw but come on son) and NatTurner's comments.

1238584287_seinfeld_had_enough.gif

If you weren't an african american in the hood areas of america when pac first came out and you did not witness what happened first hand to the people, then you cannot relate like I.  end of tupac bashing discussion. Ya'll are really discrediting dude as an artist the way ya'll got him locked into some small little category of entertaining yall's thug fantasy lifestyle and don't understand the full weight of his work. Do you have any idea how profound Dear Momma was? 

I think Tupac did a good job in opening America's eyes to a lot of social ills, however there is a side of his persona may have instilled many negative/destructive values in young black children. I wouldn't look to Tupac as a role model for black children, but that's just my opinion.

Waits for someone to make an excuse for his "thug image" and how this was just a reflection of his environment and his upbringing. Which is true, but if he were smart enough and really wanted to effect positive change he could have still exposed the America to the ills of society in his music without gratifying violence, beef and misogyny (well he contradicted himself in his sentiments toward women).

But then again, if he didn't approach rap music this way...no one would buy his albums.
ohwell.gif

Everybody sells out "their own people" in one way or the other.

As much as he liked to portray himself as such, Tupac was NOT a Martry....MLK died for a cause/his beliefs, Tupac died because of stupidity (rap beef...and east coast west coast nonsense).

LOL @ these pro-black people who are always concerned about "white people laughing at them" but look past a lot of laughable weak-minded ignorance in the black community.
This thread is about championing someone who became a world figure, while coming from humble means. He didn't go to college, and he was not wealthy, yet he influenced more people to become educated not only in the classroom, but in their world view.

Dr. King did NOT do this, Malcolm X did.

So this ,
laughable weak-minded ignorance
,of which you speak, actually speaks volumes of your own personal inadequacies, both socially and intellectually. There is nothing wrong with thinking outside of the box, however in your attempt to do so, you've actually subjected yourself to the will of others, as you *worship* the acknowledgement that has been bestowed upon you in this very thread. Quite ironic isn't it?   

My personal opinion of Tupac Shakur is that he was an idiot on certain levels, brilliant on others. Studying his personality, he was someone who was desperate to be liked. I didn't care for him nor most of his music, but when it comes to enlightenment, I do not knock where people may find that influence. If you read what I said carefully, I noted the possible influence, but not comparing Tupac to King. That is not possible. But what I will say is that I never knew about Patrice Lumumba until I read the Autobigraphy Of Malcolm X, and I never knew about the conflict between the Irish and the Jews, until I read that same book. Wherever it comes from, I do not question it, If some young brother or sister finds their voice and motivation to learn from a Tupac cut, so be it. 

Lol I have no idea what you're talking about with those first few sentences, you don't even know what/who my last comment was directed at. It had nothing to do with Malcom X
laugh.gif

I have no idea what you were getting at with the thinking outside the box comment so I'll leave that alone

We actually somewhat agree on our opinion on Tupac.

I'm starting to get the feeling that's the only book some posers in here have read in their lives. Talk about getting a one-sided view of the world.
But at the same time of you simply just take the opposite sided view and become arrogant about your opinions being questioned resistant to understanding another persons views you are gulity of a disservice to yourself. We can agree that we as a world need change, but if we ourselves are set in our ways then nothing is going to change and the situation will become worse.

See my convo with Torgoriff, I'm actually open to his conspiracy theorist ideas but there's a limit. When some people make overtly ignorant statements, and it becomes obvious they have only read one book in their lives or get most of their opinions from youtube videos, I can't work with them.

With NTers like Nat Turner it's pretty obvious in some arguments that he does it for the sake of arguing with me.

With most arguments I have on NT about ignorance and for eg. religion, I am NOT doing a disservice to myself by subscribing to that kind of mentality. Stop that.
laugh.gif

Waits for NTer to say I hate myself and I'm confused about who I am.
laugh.gif
 I know how you people think (and by you people I don't necessarily mean black people).
laugh.gif

Oh Yeah! It's always about YOU anton! Everything! The only reason a Malcolm X post was made, was so that you could disagree with it!

*SMH@ The Puffery*

laugh.gif

roll.gif

d ign
Well, Black people continue to face more injustice than other groups of people in this country, so why not give more attention to black people.  Especially if they look like you and go through similar experiences. 

Also what it is, is that you try so hard to be PC and fair and balanced that you are willing to overlook racial injustices just so that you don't appear to be giving preferential treatment to a disenfranchised group. 

laugh.gif

roll.gif

d ign
Well, Black people continue to face more injustice than other groups of people in this country, so why not give more attention to black people.  Especially if they look like you and go through similar experiences. 

Also what it is, is that you try so hard to be PC and fair and balanced that you are willing to overlook racial injustices just so that you don't appear to be giving preferential treatment to a disenfranchised group. 

Originally Posted by bijald0331

He does not need to explain himself to you. If he feels that way, that is his opinion. Why do you need to hear it? Just so you can feel better about yourself?

Originally Posted by bijald0331

He does not need to explain himself to you. If he feels that way, that is his opinion. Why do you need to hear it? Just so you can feel better about yourself?

^Because I'd like to learn something? Why are you in this thread?

What kind of backwards discussion tactic is that?

Why does anyone have to explain anything?

^Because I'd like to learn something? Why are you in this thread?

What kind of backwards discussion tactic is that?

Why does anyone have to explain anything?

laugh.gif

roll.gif

d ign

It's buffoonery. He does not realize that he can have the same friends and aquaintances, then without alienating them, by being a bit more conscious of how he posts his views. He loves the pat on the back from those who agree with him, even if that pat on the back is subversive in nature.

Back
Top Bottom