Malcolm X thread.

Originally Posted by cguy610

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Which means that you aren't pro-black. 

You left yourself open by saying that you have pro-black sentiments. 

Oh so the issue here.......is that I'm not solely pro-black but pro-justice for all disenfranchised groups of people. So black people are like last born children who need my undivided attention?
laugh.gif

So me supporting Mandela, MLK and Obama and the black civil rights movement......but also shunning mistreatment/unfair treatment of other peoples like the Jews, Native Americans, Women, Homosexuals, as well as prejudices and ignorance within the black community makes me less "pro-black"?
roll.gif

d ign
Well, Black people continue to face more injustice than other groups of people in this country, so why not give more attention to black people.  Especially if they look like you and go through similar experiences. 

Also what it is, is that you try so hard to be PC and fair and balanced that you are willing to overlook racial injustices just so that you don't appear to be giving preferential treatment to a disenfranchised group. 

It's buffoonery. He does not realize that he can have the same friends and aquaintances, then without alienating them, by being a bit more conscious of how he posts his views. He loves the pat on the back from those who agree with him, even if that pat on the back is subversive in nature.

Oh so the issue here.......is that I'm not solely pro-black but pro-justice for all disenfranchised groups of people. So black people are like last born children who need my undivided attention?
laugh.gif

So me supporting Mandela, MLK and Obama and the black civil rights movement......but also shunning mistreatment/unfair treatment of other peoples like the Jews, Native Americans, Women, Homosexuals, as well as prejudices and ignorance within the black community makes me less "pro-black"?
roll.gif

d ign
Well, Black people continue to face more injustice than other groups of people in this country, so why not give more attention to black people.  Especially if they look like you and go through similar experiences. 

Also what it is, is that you try so hard to be PC and fair and balanced that you are willing to overlook racial injustices just so that you don't appear to be giving preferential treatment to a disenfranchised group. 

LOL I'm focusing my career on working in economically and socially disadvantaged areas, many of which have a majority black or latino population. I also plan on pursuing various humanitarian endeavors worldwide, particularly in Africa and other poor third world nations.I'm doing my part bro that's more than I can say for a lot of you guys in here that talk a big game. I know a few people like that and I despise such behavior.

LOL NTs beef with me has nothing to do with me overlooking social injustices-I have pointed out plenty of socioeconomic disparities in America/the world (in education, healthcare, environmental racism etc) that needs to be dealt with. NTers choose to ignore it because I don't agree with black people 100 percent of the time. "Black" people are just as ignorant as every other group of people, me pointing some of these out.....in "pro-black" NTer's eye negates real issues in the black community that I have expressed being deeply concerned about. This is also my beef with people like Al Sharpton. Hypocrisy, distractions, prejudices,  misguided pride and values are prevalent in every culture, black people are no different.

We can't all agree on everything but believe me, my cause is a somewhat noble one. I would say better than most.

laugh.gif

roll.gif

d ign

LOL I'm focusing my career on working in economically and socially disadvantaged areas, many of which have a majority black or latino population. I also plan on pursuing various humanitarian endeavors worldwide, particularly in Africa and other poor third world nations.I'm doing my part bro that's more than I can say for a lot of you guys in here that talk a big game. I know a few people like that and I despise such behavior.

LOL NTs beef with me has nothing to do with me overlooking social injustices-I have pointed out plenty of socioeconomic disparities in America/the world (in education, healthcare, environmental racism etc) that needs to be dealt with. NTers choose to ignore it because I don't agree with black people 100 percent of the time. "Black" people are just as ignorant as every other group of people, me pointing some of these out.....in "pro-black" NTer's eye negates real issues in the black community that I have expressed being deeply concerned about. This is also my beef with people like Al Sharpton. Hypocrisy, distractions, prejudices,  misguided pride and values are prevalent in every culture, black people are no different.

We can't all agree on everything but believe me, my cause is a somewhat noble one. I would say better than most.

Originally Posted by bijald0331

^Because I'd like to learn something? Why are you in this thread?

What kind of backwards discussion tactic is that?

Why does anyone have to explain anything?
Your reply had nothing to with learning. What you've done is to try and demean his point by asking an unanswerable question. You asked for specifics, when it is not as simple as that.

^Because I'd like to learn something? Why are you in this thread?

What kind of backwards discussion tactic is that?

Why does anyone have to explain anything?
Your reply had nothing to with learning. What you've done is to try and demean his point by asking an unanswerable question. You asked for specifics, when it is not as simple as that.

I just want to point out he said since slavery, not since the CRM. So more suffering than Reconstruction, post-Reconstruction, and the Jim Crow era. Could "Birth of A Nation" be hailed as the greatest movie of all time in this day and age? I just think you can't compare current struggles to the complete lack of regard for black life in yesteryear. Yes, you can argue that there isn't an complete regard today but the disparity is substantial. I don't see people getting lynched everyday. He didn't say just economically; he said it struggling in totality. Again, I would like to hear his explanation just because I can't come up with one by myself without spending the rest of my day reading something. If he has the knowledge and confidence to make that statement, he should be able to support it. I don't think I'm asking for too much.

I just want to point out he said since slavery, not since the CRM. So more suffering than Reconstruction, post-Reconstruction, and the Jim Crow era. Could "Birth of A Nation" be hailed as the greatest movie of all time in this day and age? I just think you can't compare current struggles to the complete lack of regard for black life in yesteryear. Yes, you can argue that there isn't an complete regard today but the disparity is substantial. I don't see people getting lynched everyday. He didn't say just economically; he said it struggling in totality. Again, I would like to hear his explanation just because I can't come up with one by myself without spending the rest of my day reading something. If he has the knowledge and confidence to make that statement, he should be able to support it. I don't think I'm asking for too much.

Okay, let me ask you a question. In your opinion, which is more nasty and insidious? Overt racism, or institutional racism? Some feel that seeing racism right in front of you is easier to deal with, than knowing that is there, then not being able to prove it. There are many who'll suggest that Black people who say that White privilege still exists in the form of institutional racism, are simply imagining things, or as ANTON says, " they just look for racism everywhere." 

In your opinion, which is worse???

Okay, let me ask you a question. In your opinion, which is more nasty and insidious? Overt racism, or institutional racism? Some feel that seeing racism right in front of you is easier to deal with, than knowing that is there, then not being able to prove it. There are many who'll suggest that Black people who say that White privilege still exists in the form of institutional racism, are simply imagining things, or as ANTON says, " they just look for racism everywhere." 

laugh.gif

roll.gif

d ign

nah broseph, its cause this is a thread about BLACK race relations and your posts imply that we should stop focusing on the black race but on everybody... this thread isn't about everybody, its about BLACK race relations, hence you have derailed it into something this thread was not meant to be wit that humanitarian stuff. you're cool wit me though

and i actually agree with bijald0331 in regards to what son said that i was questioning. that was a HUGE statement he made and i just wanted to see if he could explain his train of thought which made him post that statement cause i can't say i agree with it...

laugh.gif

roll.gif

d ign

nah broseph, its cause this is a thread about BLACK race relations and your posts imply that we should stop focusing on the black race but on everybody... this thread isn't about everybody, its about BLACK race relations, hence you have derailed it into something this thread was not meant to be wit that humanitarian stuff. you're cool wit me though

and i actually agree with bijald0331 in regards to what son said that i was questioning. that was a HUGE statement he made and i just wanted to see if he could explain his train of thought which made him post that statement cause i can't say i agree with it...

laugh.gif

roll.gif

d ign

See, here you go again trying to overcompensate like I said above.  Nobody said anything about black people being ignorant but here you go on your mini rant that "black people are just as ignorant as every other group of people".  Nobody said anything about Al Sharpton either. 

Outside of race and religion discussions, you're alright though.  As much as it annoys me to say it.  
mad.gif

Going to school and appear to really be doing something positive with your life.  I wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.  

laugh.gif

roll.gif

d ign

See, here you go again trying to overcompensate like I said above.  Nobody said anything about black people being ignorant but here you go on your mini rant that "black people are just as ignorant as every other group of people".  Nobody said anything about Al Sharpton either. 

Outside of race and religion discussions, you're alright though.  As much as it annoys me to say it.  
mad.gif

Going to school and appear to really be doing something positive with your life.  I wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.  

Originally Posted by Nat Turner

bijald0331 wrote:

Again,this is in my opinion and I hope you don't come at me with the "I'm telling blacks what to believe" jargon:

I don't think you can categorize racism in the Reconstruction/early 20th century as just "in-your-face". It was way worse than that. Do you believe something like the Colfax Massacre could occur today? The Rosewood Massacre? It's just completely different today than 100 years ago. How can you compare institutional racism to a complete lack of regard for human life? I don't get how the former is more nasty? We are talking about living and dying here, not failing to earn an promotion.

bijald0331 wrote:

Again,this is in my opinion and I hope you don't come at me with the "I'm telling blacks what to believe" jargon:

I don't think you can categorize racism in the Reconstruction/early 20th century as just "in-your-face". It was way worse than that. Do you believe something like the Colfax Massacre could occur today? The Rosewood Massacre? It's just completely different today than 100 years ago. How can you compare institutional racism to a complete lack of regard for human life? I don't get how the former is more nasty? We are talking about living and dying here, not failing to earn an promotion.

laugh.gif

roll.gif

d ign

mad.gif

1: You said I wasn't "pro-black" I defended myself and gave reason as to why people may feel that way even though that is faaaaaar from the truth. Just our ideas of being pro-black are different.

2. You asked why I didn't give special attention to black people, I told you that technically I will be.

I don't know what else you guys want from me. And this is not an overcompensation, I've known exactly what I've wanted to do with my life to be of some service to humanity since I middle school. However, using sublimation as a defense mechanism and compensating in such a way is NOT a bad thing. Everybody wins right?
ohwell.gif
Anyhow thanks for the luck, I'm gonna need it. I wish you the same.

laugh.gif

roll.gif

d ign

mad.gif

1: You said I wasn't "pro-black" I defended myself and gave reason as to why people may feel that way even though that is faaaaaar from the truth. Just our ideas of being pro-black are different.

2. You asked why I didn't give special attention to black people, I told you that technically I will be.

I don't know what else you guys want from me. And this is not an overcompensation, I've known exactly what I've wanted to do with my life to be of some service to humanity since I middle school. However, using sublimation as a defense mechanism and compensating in such a way is NOT a bad thing. Everybody wins right?
ohwell.gif
Anyhow thanks for the luck, I'm gonna need it. I wish you the same.

bijald0331 wrote:

I

Racism exists today,  but it isn't as "hidden" as NTers make it out to be. The social injustices are all around us. When I say people are looking for racism in everything, I'm talking about people like Al Sharpton who compare multimillionaires to slaves. I'm not talking about the obvious morbidity/mortality rates among minority groups due to different causes that stem from social injustices and disparities.

With that being said, the situation of black people today has show progress. Saying black people had it better 100 years ago is downright moronic. None of you guys would survive the racism and abuse your grandparents and greatgrandparents went through. I guarantee if we got in a time machine and went to the past none of you would last a day.

bijald0331 wrote:

I

Racism exists today,  but it isn't as "hidden" as NTers make it out to be. The social injustices are all around us. When I say people are looking for racism in everything, I'm talking about people like Al Sharpton who compare multimillionaires to slaves. I'm not talking about the obvious morbidity/mortality rates among minority groups due to different causes that stem from social injustices and disparities.

With that being said, the situation of black people today has show progress. Saying black people had it better 100 years ago is downright moronic. None of you guys would survive the racism and abuse your grandparents and greatgrandparents went through. I guarantee if we got in a time machine and went to the past none of you would last a day.

bijald0331 wrote:

I asked your opinion, so it is cool. It is when people who claim to be Non Black try and suggest, then demanding what Black people should do, is when it becomes a problem.

You cannot simplify it by suggesting how one nay not earn a promotion, it is much deeper than that. There is a psychological effect that can be more damning, sort of like being physically abused, versus being verbally abused. You have constant images of negativity, those that send messages that are far more destructive than you can ever imagine. That is the difference now, where once they left the decaying body swinging the trees, now all "they" have to do is bring someone up, make them a celebrity, then destroy them if they do not behave as they are told.    

bijald0331 wrote:

I asked your opinion, so it is cool. It is when people who claim to be Non Black try and suggest, then demanding what Black people should do, is when it becomes a problem.

You cannot simplify it by suggesting how one nay not earn a promotion, it is much deeper than that. There is a psychological effect that can be more damning, sort of like being physically abused, versus being verbally abused. You have constant images of negativity, those that send messages that are far more destructive than you can ever imagine. That is the difference now, where once they left the decaying body swinging the trees, now all "they" have to do is bring someone up, make them a celebrity, then destroy them if they do not behave as they are told.    

Your not saying anything though...anybody who went back in time wouldn't make it theoretically since they benefit from the futures advanced technology and higher standard of living.

It's funny seeing the same usual suspects with the same ol arguments (or lack of I should say)....

do something new...think something new...make something new.

Your not saying anything though...anybody who went back in time wouldn't make it theoretically since they benefit from the futures advanced technology and higher standard of living.

It's funny seeing the same usual suspects with the same ol arguments (or lack of I should say)....

do something new...think something new...make something new.

Back
Top Bottom