Mac Responds to Vista Ads

Originally Posted by Cobra Kai

Originally Posted by SFN 155

Originally Posted by baik

huge problem with macs is that it is not affordable at all to most people...spend 1200+ for a macbook or buy a pc laptop that start's at about 500...the macbooks will have better components than a pc starting at 500 of course but if u want to go with specs a pc with macbook like specs can be had for wayyy cheaper than a mac...with pc companies starting to build little pretty laptops of their own and apple still not budging on their prices i dont see a good future for this company even with all the hype
I disagree with that, for the simple comparison of none other than sneakers (appropriate for the site). Jordans and Starburys do they exact same thing. They're tennis shoes which are made to be worn and played basketball in.... Which do you own more of?

- I'm a PC, but I want a mac.
So you want a Mac because it looks cool? You can get the EXACT same parts for a lot less in a PC. Same exact processor, same HD, same memory sticks, same graphics card, same everything.
Yep. if you get starburys instead of jordans, you can get the EXACT same parts for a lot less than Jordans. Same exact laces, same material used to make the whole shoe. all you pay for is a symbol of jordan. same with apple, all you pay for is a light on the back which shines through the apple logo.

I have to disagree with the shoe comaprison. I have a pair of starburys and plenty of Jordans. The quality between the two is not comparable. The leather(if its leather) is like cardboard and I wouldnt dare hoop in em. The soles are way too flat. My boy hooped in a pair and never put em on again they were sobad. Jordans actually have "atheletic" engineering in em.....if that makes since.

but anyway, I get what you are saying....just had to put in my 2 cents

Originally Posted by d3772000

Originally Posted by baik

huge problem with macs is that it is not affordable at all to most people...spend 1200+ for a macbook or buy a pc laptop that start's at about 500...the macbooks will have better components than a pc starting at 500 of course but if u want to go with specs a pc with macbook like specs can be had for wayyy cheaper than a mac...with pc companies starting to build little pretty laptops of their own and apple still not budging on their prices i dont see a good future for this company even with all the hype
[color= rgb(0, 255, 0)]I disagree with that, for the simple comparison of none other than sneakers (appropriate for the site). Jordans and Starburys do they exact same thing. They're tennis shoes which are made to be worn and played basketball in.... Which do you own more of?[/color]

[color= rgb(0, 255, 0)]- I'm a PC, but I want a mac.[/color]
So you want a Mac because it looks cool? You can get the EXACT same parts for a lot less in a PC. Same exact processor, same HD, same memory sticks, same graphics card, same everything.
[color= rgb(0, 255, 0)]Yep. if you get starburys instead of jordans, you can get the EXACT same parts for a lot less than Jordans. Same exact laces, same material used to make the whole shoe. all you pay for is a symbol of jordan. same with apple, all you pay for is a light on the back which shines through the apple logo.[/color]

I have to disagree with the shoe comaprison. I have a pair of starburys and plenty of Jordans. The quality between the two is not comparable. The leather (if its leather) is like cardboard and I wouldnt dare hoop in em. The soles are way too flat. My boy hooped in a pair and never put em on again they were so bad. Jordans actually have "atheletic" engineering in em.....if that makes since.

but anyway, I get what you are saying....just had to put in my 2 cents
[color= rgb(0, 255, 0)]And you have people who also complain about hooping in Jordans. For the record, Starburyswere only used in the discussion because they were the absolute cheapest basketball shoe I could think of.[/color]

Terrible logic SHUGES. Windows 98 was released less than 3 years after Windows 95, Windows 2000 was released less than 2 years after 98, Windows XP was released less than 2 years after 2000.

If all goes according to plan, Windows 7 will be released in 2010, about 3.5 years after Vista was released.

Nah, in those early, infantile stages of computer programming for the internet, I'd expect (and am not surprised) that updates to the OS would come sofrequently. Besides, '95 and '98 were very similar. XP was the one that was a big jump.

I guess I'm just grumbling because XP lasted twice as long as any previous version of Windows. And they pushed Vista as "revolutionary" asopposed to "evolutionary". When in reality it's more akin to '95-'98 than '98-XP. M$ pretty much said that Vista is the wave of thefuture yet it's already getting replaced in a 3 year span.

laugh.gif
. I have Vista though ..
grin.gif

Originally Posted by Dynasty Raider

Originally Posted by POSITE FIEND

^truth, I've found that people who aren't really computer handy own macs, you can do SOOOOOO much with PC, you cant do crap with macs, sure macs look nice, like i said, they're for people who get them for simple reasons and want to look trendy, real comp heads go with PCs tho, we were raised on the system. EFF MAC
laugh.gif
Gotta be kidding. I'm a certified PC technician who has built my own PC systems in the past and I greatly prefer Mac now.
word
laugh.gif

I have comprehensive knowledge of both Windows and Mac OS. They both have their strengths and weaknesses. I personally prefer Macs over Windows-based PCs.

Am I the only person who doesn't have a problem with Vista? I always hear how the program sucks... but just how so? I use my friend's macbook all thetime, and there's not that many differences.

Originally Posted by tmay407

I don't really like these commercials because they make Mac users like myself seem elitist, but I couldn't help but to laugh about this one. My roommate is always *****ing about how bad Vista is (he's had so many problems with it), so it was pretty funny to see this commercial with him in the room.

i've NEVER had any problems with vista and i'm running it on two systems. The problems are HIGHLY overblown IMHO

^truth, I've found that people who aren't really computer handy own macs, you can do SOOOOOO much with PC, you cant do crap with macs, sure macs look nice, like i said, they're for people who get them for simple reasons and want to look trendy, real comp heads go with PCs tho, we were raised on the system. EFF MAC
Get off your high throne.

Nowadays you can do anything on a Mac that you can do on a PC.

Originally Posted by THockey66

Get off your high throne.

Nowadays you can do anything on a Mac that you can do on a PC.
QFT.

A lot of dudes in here are talking out their +!*++. It's sad.

I've used PCs all my life until this year when I bought my mac. Macs > PCs

Originally Posted by Joe McKnight Is BALLIN

the initial release of vista did suck balls. its somewhat known that microsoft released vista based on a deadline rather than a completion of the product and that the alpha version of it was released. there were 26000 known bugs on vista when it was released so thats why there has been a bunch of upgrades after the initial release. vista has been pretty damaging to microsoft since it truly was a junk product that they released rivaling windows millenium. but i will say when windows 7 comes out it should shut some people up *****ing about vista.

Based on a deadline rather than completion of the product... XBox 360 anyone? You would think MS would learn from it, rather they continue to do the same thingand hope for different results.

Originally Posted by sooperhooper

mac is getting type lame for all these diss ads
indifferent.gif
they're coming off as mad arrogant imo.
They're allowed to take shots. I mean... like 90% of the population of the world owns PC's. Can't really come off as arrogant whenyou're so vastly outnumbered
laugh.gif

btw, I used PC's for 18 years before making the switch to Mac right before college. I will never again purchase another PC (as long as Apple is analternative god willing.) Apple has consistently pushed out high quality products which in turn has convinced me to put my trust in them, as opposed to the POSPC's I owned throughout my life.

Back
Top Bottom