Lovecraft Country | Cancelled By HBO

Episode was insane.

First two eps are legit a movie on their own.

Going off the preview for next week, they really are adapting the entire book. They could've had 6-8 eps off this story alone.

I’m still in despite confusion, but I think this will turn off any fair weather watchers that were onboard last week.

Man, that morning breakfast scene would've been enough for me to leave town right away. Sorry dad, not sorry.

Spooky white boy being mad cryptic, no clear answers, more questions with the few answers I get, uncle and friend don't remember being almost killed by monsters the night before. I'M OUT!

Those are all clear signs its time to leave. Black ppl know this.
:lol: Wouldn't be any black fantasy if they kept it too real.

Way too much going on in this episode for me , def gonna have to rewatch it again a few more times.

Yea it’s like a 100 things going on just this episode, but it was all entertaining tho :lol: :pimp:

This joint kinda felt like a finale. Tic figuring out why he was brought there then channeling the ancestors and his inner strength to get them the hell outta there.

I agree, they coulda spent a couple episodes on this mansion and village alone.

Im not complaining. Im guessing his pops must be a very integral part of this show.

Dora was lookin thick af in that yellow dress. :wow:

Yeah might have to rewatch episodes 1 and 2. Episode 2 felt kinda rushed but maybe it's because the real story starts now.

I copped the audible version of this book like half way through this episode hopefully I can listen though this week and get a better understanding of what's to come/ what has happened.

Either way I'm in. I'm always gonna be a Black Nerd at heart and this is right up my alley.

Episode 1 was a lot stronger than last night's episode. I feel like they're churning through a lot of the plot In a short amount of time. Frankly, I don't really know what's going on (maybe that's the point and we shouldn't know at the stage?).

It's still enthraling television and I'm going to continue watching though.

There is a lot going on, but I love it. "Uncle" George was living foul man... :lol:

Seems like its going to be sort of a serial/anthology mix. Like that story seems done but adds to the overall plot.

Yeah, Lovecraft Country is a book of 3 stories.

They could've spent more time and added new stuff but not that much.

I didn't get the feeling that a lot was going on though.

I like how ep. 2 was basically a (sci-fi) slave revolt. They did a really good job with twisting it into their own version.

Good writing.

The show is based on the book of the same name
A bunch of seperate
But interconnected stories
Seems like each episode will tell a story
while advancing the plot
May seem confusing at first
But will def be good
Not sure what season 2 will do if they get one

Yeah, Lovecraft Country is a book of 3 stories.

They could've spent more time and added new stuff but not that much.

I didn't get the feeling that a lot was going on though.

yea could have added more depth to what was happening especially about what was in the book since uncle George would have had to say something to homeboy so they both were ready

also I read the wiki for the book and there was clearly more to what happened and roles

but wish we got more on why they were watching them and the screwing with their heads thing

Back
Top Bottom