LOST Season 6 Preseason Thread vol. we almost there!

About the drunk issue,

Spoiler [+]
Something about being drunk allows you to communicate with the island on some level?

Christian was a big drunk; Widmore had the prominent bottles of alcohol; Jack makes the transition after the rescue. Obviously players like Ben and Locke don't have an apparent problem, but maybe they're not quite in the same boat?

Originally Posted by SenorRoboto2k5

About the drunk issue,

Spoiler [+]
Something about being drunk allows you to communicate with the island on some level?

Christian was a big drunk; Widmore had the prominent bottles of alcohol; Jack makes the transition after the rescue. Obviously players like Ben and Locke don't have an apparent problem, but maybe they're not quite in the same boat?
I don't think Widmore started until after the nightmares started?

blah, I don't know what the connection is there really...
laugh.gif

Spoiler [+]
Maybe it has to do with crossing times/physical states/realities/planes? Widmore has his "nightmares," Horace is able to project himself to Locke, Christian's able to do whatever it is he does, and Jack...?

Anyway, it seems like the state of being drunk is special on the island in general?

I also think that Alpert is linked to the Egyptian influences on the island, which probably reflect the native inhabitants. Perhaps he's mummified andprojecting his spirit, or he's some sort of leader for the dead, or some sort of God.

I believe that he's not in a fully human state, which is why he's never the true leader of the Others but a "sidekick"/vice president tocharacters like Widmore and Ben.

The war could very well be an impending return of Alpert and his native, Egyptian friends.

Originally Posted by SenorRoboto2k5

I also think that Alpert is linked to the Egyptian influences on the island, which probably reflect the native inhabitants. Perhaps he's mummified and projecting his spirit, or he's some sort of leader for the dead, or some sort of God.

I believe that he's not in a fully human state, which is why he's never the true leader of the Others but a "sidekick"/vice president to characters like Widmore and Ben.

The war could very well be an impending return of Alpert and his native, Egyptian friends.
Spoiler [+]
Alpert is def an indigenous being of the island

i just saw watchmen and i might as well have been watch lost. mystery dads, people gettin tossed outta windows, flashbacks, egypt, nuclear bombs, frontcorporation, teleportation, psycholgy, drinking problems, military, time travel, cancer, "god help us all", you name it.

from lostpedia

In Egypt's sandy silence, all alone,
Stands a gigantic Leg, which far off throws
The only shadow that the Desert knows: -
"I am great Ozymandias," saith the stone,
"The King of Kings; this mighty City shows
"The wonders of my hand." - The City's gone, -
Nought but the Leg remaining to disclose
The site of this forgotten Babylon.

- Horace Smith.

Ok....shot in the dark, but something just hit me about Horace being drunk... Desmond got really drunk (I think it was after he tried to leave the island) andwas in the process of having flashes of Charlie dying. Is it possible that Horace is seeing flashes of someone dying now? Probably wrong, but it's all Icould think of, it's driving me crazy trying to find something about the drunkenness of Horace.

Sawyer smiled entirely too much in this episode.

I might be dead wrong but wasn't LaFlur the name of another dead Darma employee found with Horace's corpse?

And yes...really not into the white women but Juliet looking right from head to toe...Hips lil backside
smh.gif

Originally Posted by Bowzer Blitz

Sawyer smiled entirely too much in this episode.

I might be dead wrong but wasn't LaFlur the name of another dead Darma employee found with Horace's corpse?

And yes...really not into the white women but Juliet looking right from head to toe...Hips lil backside
smh.gif

eek.gif
... I just watched that episode a couple days ago.. where Locke goes backwith Hurley and Ben to Horace's corpse to "find the cabin". I would have to watch it again but if that's the case then crazy.

I mean, I wouldn't put it out of the question but I think someone at Lostpedia or other boards would've caught onto this already. That'd be epic.

I've searched for a while and can't find the answer, but I'm with ya'll I could have sworn we seen the name Lafleur somewhere before. It'snot in "Cabin Fever" I just watched it.

If there is a problem/issue with being drunk, I wonder what's up with all the Dharma beer and I noticed the Dharma Merlot in this episode as well.
Still LOST on it though

What do you guys think happened to Charlotte body?

Ami was supposed to go to the mainland to give birth, I missed that before

I think this around the time when Widmore is leading

In reference to all the drunk talk: let's not forget that Locke originally had to get high/drunk to connect with the island in season 1...

Originally Posted by ArsnalJ23

In reference to all the drunk talk: let's not forget that Locke originally had to get high/drunk to connect with the island in season 1...

Problem solved.

laugh.gif
yall made that %!!+ waaaay to hard i thought it was already clear that you get a connection with the island or a better connection with the island if yourdrunk or dreaming or a combo of both(or just drugged up)

ex when jake got sick and had to have the surgery,the island made him sick so he would have to get drugged up and be forced to listen
laugh.gif

remember back then jack wasnt sleeping much the fool even wanted to be up during the surgery
laugh.gif

hard headed _
smh.gif

laugh.gif
Lost has forced me the over think EVERYTHING.

With all the religious references on Lost, anyone think the island could be the Garden of Eden?

Originally Posted by CadillacFLOW

laugh.gif
Lost has forced me the over think EVERYTHING.

With all the religious references on Lost, anyone think the island could be the Garden of Eden?
That's a good theory
nerd.gif

But seriously, change your sig
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom