LOST (GOAT SERIES) OFFICIAL THREAD VOL YOU CAN GO NOW.

I agree with the stuff about purgatory not making sense. Things made much more sense as alternate timelines, especially with the sideways universe being the result of the island being destroyed in the 70's. My guess is that was what they were going for, but to dumb it down in the finale they called it purgatory.

Originally Posted by MECKS

i think u guys killed season 6 for me... im gonna pretend i didnt read what i just read..........................
I've started to pretend lost was canceled after season 5. makes me feel much better about the series as a whole. The conversation between Jacob and MIB about their cosmic game was the peek of the show. everything went downhill fast after that. it's obvious they wrote themselves into a corner and decided to bring as many cast members back as possible to get an emotional reaction from their audience.

If you like the characters more that the "mysteries", I think you'll love it. Otherwise it's a toss up. I personally LOVED it, and I liked the mythology of LOST also.

Just came here to post a cool article ranking all the episodes of LOST, I don't think this has been posted.

http://tv.ign.com/articles/109/1094268p1.html

P.S. I'm still kinda going through withdrawals word to Charlie......But, can't wait for my Blu-Rays to get here!!!

Its crazy how people refust to see lost for what it is. A series with so much unrealized potential

today, I really find myself missing LOST.
embarassed.gif

Originally Posted by Crazy EBW

It's funny how people LOVE the constant but hate how the series ended.
The Constant was a science fiction episode. The finale was a spiritual one... 
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by kix4kix

Its crazy how people refust to see lost for what it is. A series with so much unrealized potential

yup. half of the fan fiction i read is heads and shoulders better than what season 6 was.

and in a couple of  years hardcore lost fans will be worse than crazy star trek fans. it's become like a cult. you can't question the writers, or not like the ending without someone calling you an idiot, or saying you are nitpicking. i don't get why people think lost is above criticism.

i think the acting might be the best ever in a show when you take in account that the actors hardly knew their motivations or what was really going on in the story as a whole. they probably read the script from week to week like ummmm.....

We just caught up with the island's awesome new "No. 1" at the Monte Carlo Television Festival in, you guessed it, Monte Carlo, and here's what he dished:

"It will address some of the issues, like the food drops, and it will deal with what happened on the island after Hurley took over and how he handled things," Garcia reveals of the DVD bonus feature he shot. "It will give you a taste of what took place after Hurley took over as the new number one. There's a little epilogue thing going on with the DVD."

That little epilogue will be available to fans when Lost: The Complete Collection is released on DVD and Blu-ray August 24.

Blu-Ray
DVD

Inside sources also told me that Walt (Malcolm David Kelley) will be shown in the bonus material. "We'll find out what happens to Walt," says the insider. But when asked who else he worked with, Jorge replied coyly: "There are other people in it, but I'm not going to tell you who." Hmmm!

We just caught up with the island's awesome new "No. 1" at the Monte Carlo Television Festival in, you guessed it, Monte Carlo, and here's what he dished:

"It will address some of the issues, like the food drops, and it will deal with what happened on the island after Hurley took over and how he handled things," Garcia reveals of the DVD bonus feature he shot. "It will give you a taste of what took place after Hurley took over as the new number one. There's a little epilogue thing going on with the DVD."

That little epilogue will be available to fans when Lost: The Complete Collection is released on DVD and Blu-ray August 24.

Blu-Ray
DVD

Inside sources also told me that Walt (Malcolm David Kelley) will be shown in the bonus material. "We'll find out what happens to Walt," says the insider. But when asked who else he worked with, Jorge replied coyly: "There are other people in it, but I'm not going to tell you who." Hmmm!

that's ******ed. just a ploy by the writers to milk more money out of fans by forcing them to buy the special edition DVD. I don't want answers to questions as part of a bonus feature, I wanted them integrated smoothly into the final season storyline! (and I'm sure they could have accomplished the task of answering the mysteries without sacrificing focus on the characters). 

Originally Posted by Crook

Blu-Ray
DVD

that's ******ed. just a ploy by the writers to milk more money out of fans by forcing them to buy the special edition DVD. I don't want answers to questions as part of a bonus feature, I wanted them integrated smoothly into the final season storyline! (and I'm sure they could have accomplished the task of answering the mysteries without sacrificing focus on the characters). 

how's that ******ed. if you were in ABC or the producer's shoes. you'd milk out every penny too.

laugh.gif
Yall still mad.

Dudes up in here liking fanfics better than what actually happened
roll.gif
So addicted to the show dudes convince themselves they could've done better. Fanfics always been nice to read but that's where it ends.

FTR, the alt time line was always a bad idea. If you bought that bs "epiphany" Faraday got talking about variables(clear example of the writers writing themselves in a corner then just switching ##%% to move forward, suddenly a character just changes their mind) you was never paying attention to the show. Course correction $$+@**+!

WHATEVER HAPPENED HAPPENED.

it's funny that fanfics are better than the show?

lost will be known for it's wasted potential. forever. you sound just as pissed as everyone else. if you think the alt timeline was a bad idea then all of season 6 was a bad idea

i used to hate on the sopranos but i never thought i could do better. it was either he dies or goes to jail. lost could be much better than what was given to us. in literally dozens of ways. the most complex show on TV ended in a garbage, sappy, conventional way.

yes i'm mad. lost is a top ten show when it could be the best show of all time. of course that's disappointing

Blu-Ray
DVD

AWESOME!!!
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

[table][tr][td][h2]Lost Final Season, Complete Collection Blu-ray Detailed[/h2][/td][td]http://www.facebook.com/sharer.php?..., Complete Collection Blu-ray Detailed&src=sp[/td][/tr][/table]http://forum.blu-ray.com/member.php?u=1313

[table][tr][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
wdslogo.jpg
Shortly after its controversial series finale aired, Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment officially announced and detailed Lost: The Complete Sixth and Final Season and Lost: The Complete Collection, both of which will hit store shelves on August 24. The Complete Collection will come in collectible packaging and include a disc of exclusive features.Special features are as follows:

Special features for The Complete Sixth and Final Season include:
  • Audio commentaries on four episodes:
    • LA X
    • Dr. Linus
    • Ab Aeterno
    • Across The Sea
  • Bloopers
  • Deleted scenes
  • The End: Crafting a Final Season
  • A Hero's Journey – What makes a hero?
  • See You in Another Life, Brotha: unlocks the mysteries of this season's intriguing flash sideways
  • LOST on Location:
  • Epilogue: new chapter of the island's story from executive producers Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse
The Complete Collection collectible packaging also includes: a Special Edition collectible 'Senet' Game as seen in Season Six, a custom Lost island replica, an exclusive episode guide, a collectible Ankh, and a black light penlight.

9557_2b.jpg

Contents of Lost: The Complete Collection Blu-ray.

Special features for The Complete Collection include:
  • All bonus materials from seasons 1-6
  • A unique series of featurettes that takes viewers on very personal tours of Oahu where the series was created, with key cast and crew as they reflect.
  • Exploring the global phenomenon that is Lost, bonus showcases events ranging from the series cast and crew at San Diego's famed Comic-Con convention to international voice recordings, local eventsand even fan parties, all of which helped make the show into a worldwide favorite.
  • A closer look at some of the props with cast, writers and producers, exploring their significance, stories and emotional ties to the characters.
  • Humorous-yet-emotional look at every character who died on the series
  • Sixteen "Slapdowns" featurettes showcasing celebrity Lost fans who confront executive producers Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse to ask press questions about the final season, including the Muppets and cast members Nestor Carbonell, Michael Emerson, Rebecca Mader and more.
from blu ray.com
[/td][/tr][/table]

Never thought i would grave dig but im watching Lost on ABC right now, they just finished the episode where Ben killed Locke. Maaaan i miss this show and i miss seeing this thread on the first page. Tuesday was the perfect night for this show, u could enjoy the weekend then not have to drag out the week for the next cause we always had Lost on tuesday and discuss it on wednesday. Alright thats all, had to get them off my chest.

Yeah I just saw it too. Watching 316 now

The scene with Jack and Locke couldn't get any better knowing how things pan out and as usual the Ben and Locke scenes are classic. Just the way Ben convinced Locke he was on his side based off of past events showed how deep the characterization went.

Back
Top Bottom