LOST (GOAT SERIES) OFFICIAL THREAD VOL YOU CAN GO NOW.

Originally Posted by Its That Dude

Why the hell did Juliet say that "it worked?" Nothing worked. It only would've worked if it created the alternate reality where the losties would have been able to continue on with their lives. I think somewhere in season 6, the writers decided to change the alternate reality to the purgatory. This is the reason why they showed the little differences in people's lives in the alternate reality. Otherwise, if it was purgatory, none of that events mattered and wasted half of season 6.
She was talking about the candy machine trick with Sawyer on the other side.

Originally Posted by Its That Dude

Spoiler [+]
GODDAMN IT. after writing all that, I just watched the final scenes of jack and his father and the church scene for clarification, I don't really care about all that now. That was just a great way to end Lost.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Jd0t86

I enjoyed the ending of LOST way more than the ending of The Wire. I still think The Wire still a bit better.

I just watched the finale again. I liked it better the first time. Watching the whole season I completely knew what not to expect, and all that. And really liked it Sunday night. But I think I used up most of my 'you need to have 0 expectations' when it was live.

It's just...the dialogue...is SO damn corny. It would be witty, if it was the actors saying the same lines off the cuff at the Jimmy Kimmel Live reunion show. It sounds like they just plotted it and wrote it all on the fly while they were shooting it. "I saved you a bullet." ...
eyes.gif
I get it's a reference to what Kate said before, but c'mon.

The direction is great. Jack Bender should be making movies. The acting showed up too. Hurley killed it about as good as Jack did, same with Ben and Locke. And Kate... Dat Drass.

Kate's jump off the cliff >>Jack's falcon punch. Watching it again, knowing it's coming...that fight scene was kinda 
eyes.gif
. Kate capping him was 
eek.gif
, but then that one-liner 
indifferent.gif
. All the moments characters reconnected though were still great. Lapidus showing up will never stop being great. I feel like they wasted Desmond on the island story.

And the weirdest thing I got out of it. I liked the ending a lot better this time than last time. Dude who said this was a great season and not series ending...I'm starting to disagree, all because of him finally finding his dad. I wish a lot of things were different, but I don't wish this ending didn't exist.

And I've always thought this, but Lost has the most abusive soundtrack. I know it's because JJ pulled some strings and got some primo movie music for his pilot and ever since then, they been saving cheesy or ridiculous scenes with that music since forever. I ain't mad, but sometimes, especially this finale, I feel used. 
laugh.gif

So it turns out that the writers changed their minds. It originally was all just a dream that Vincent was having. Here's how it really ended.

wtzBE.gif

Originally Posted by Crank Lucas

Originally Posted by ryaneff23

Lost was cool and the season finale was pretty good even with all the unanswered mysteries, but some of these GOAT type comments are OD. 

The Wire > Lost

And it's not even up for debate. 
^^^ only on nt will you read such tomfoolery

NT Knows 
pimp.gif

I don't know why the time travel was confusing for anyone. The bomb detonating during the release of the electromagnetic energy WAS the incident. They weren't preventing it. They caused it. Desmond would've still came to the island had they not detonate the bomb and then the future would've actually changed but given what Eloise told us about the universe course correcting itself and what happened with Charlie we can assume Des would've still been stuck on the island for 3 years and flight 815 would've still crashed.

As for Ben/Widmore rules conundrum I originally thouht those were some rules between them or between leaders of the Others. It wasn't explained but I didn't want to give much thought to a rule that might have said "We can't kill or have someone kill each other's children to get revenge"

I chalked up the pregnancy problem to the statue and it being destroyed but what's her name giving birth to Ethan shot that down. But like the article said that whole question became a moot point after S3. PPL who thought it would've been answered in S6 or in the S6 finale are gullible to say the least. It wasn't hard to see when they ditched certain sub plots.

I wonder, what would've happened if Locke didn't climb that damn tree, that led him to be shot by Ethan, in then, Richard telling him he has to die.

Ben would have brought everyone back, sans "Flocke", Jacob would be alive.... ah nvm
laugh.gif

Too many what if's.

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

I wonder, what would've happened if Locke didn't climb that damn tree, that led him to be shot by Ethan, in then, Richard telling him he has to die.

Ben would have brought everyone back, sans "Flocke", Jacob would be alive.... ah nvm
laugh.gif

Too many what if's.
What if they never got on the plane?
eek.gif

Originally Posted by Crazy EBW

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

laugh.gif

Too many what if's.
What if they never got on the plane?
eek.gif

And what if Desmond didn't give a crap about what Widmore thought, and didn't enter Widmore's Sail Race.
laugh.gif

what if they explained how a bunch of people on an island can create a purgatory for themselves?

Originally Posted by DubA169

what if they explained how a bunch of people on an island can create a purgatory for themselves?
What if when we die we all have magical powers that can do +%@@ like that?

Originally Posted by Master Zik

then i'll use my magical powers to transform into Walt and re-write season 6
laugh.gif

you could stick this ending at the end of just about every tv show and it would work. everyone gets to meet each other again. we are all super happy. The End.

laugh.gif

you could stick this ending at the end of just about every tv show and it would work. everyone gets to meet each other again. we are all super happy. The End.

*Imagines the Wire finale with Omar, Bodie, Avon and Prop Joe.* 
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
 ... *realizes they ain't going to heaven* 
indifferent.gif

sick.gif

laugh.gif

Locke: But Dub, the way you wanted season six to end didn't end that way.

I didn't love the ending either but it was just an emotional part to end it off in a somewhat happy way. Throwing in the "everybody dies at some point" solidified that and steered ppl's direction away from all the deaths that season and prior. I never did like the flash sideways and felt they could've done without it until the last 3 eps like someone else said.

I was hype as hell when Matthew Fox kept saying no more flashes just straight on island stuff but then they threw this in. I would've only been okay with Richard's past and Jacob/MIB eps as flashes

Originally Posted by MrONegative

laugh.gif

*Imagines the Wire finale with Omar, Bodie, Avon and Prop Joe.* 
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
 ... *realizes they ain't going to heaven* 
indifferent.gif

sick.gif
eek.gif
roll.gif

can you imagine the Wire ending like lost? Baltimore would riot!
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom