Look at who I met at OccupyLA...

Originally Posted by seasoned vet

Wilroc wrote:

This is like my first few times I'm ever hearing dudes say Lupe's music is wack 
eek.gif
. I'm so taken aback right now 
laugh.gif
. I understand if you dont mess with Lasers but his first two albums were fantastic and I hardly ever see opinions disagreeing.
....its how these clown +$% dudes think. ive heard this same "wack, corny, cornball" bs since the early 90's with the native tongues movement.

- to some people lofty ideas and intelligence has no place in the music they like to listen to, they just dont have enough brain power to be able to articulate it well enough past a "wack, corny, cornball"
ohwell.gif

....from Tribe to De La......Mos and Talib to The Roots.......Lupe to whoever chooses to have substance within their music. these types of artists/groups will always garner these superficial titles from these low IQ types that find thinking to be a chore. i truly feel sorry for them.

Oh shut the hell up.

He doesn't like lupe, now he has a low IQ? What I feel sorry for is you taking his comment so serious you need multiple replies to get your point across. You dudes kill me how butt hurt you get when somebody doesn't share the same taste as you (be it women, music, clothing or cars).

And his mixtapes > his albums. Especially that garbage lasers album.

And for the record, I thought it was Murs at first glance.

Seasoned Vet makes a great point. This side tracked thread is showing an age divide.

To me, Lupe fell off....Lasers was garbage....plus even though im a fan of his music, some of the stuff that comes out of his mouth just gets me annoyed...

Originally Posted by WhatsLosinLike

Dope story, but Lupe is VASTLY overrated. Some of you dudes put him in your top 10
indifferent.gif
          6 got dem handlez wrote:
At the risk of pissing a lot of guys off, I'm gonna say it anyway. Lupe Fiasco talks out of his !*# sometimes, it's like he wants a cause to fight for but contradicts himself A LOT.
He's a @%%@$@@ dweeb in my book.

QFT.

That's pretty tight. At this point I'm pretty sure every celeb has been on NT sometime or another

beh235 wrote:
Seasoned Vet makes a great point. This side tracked thread is showing an age intellect divide.

- fixed.

CWrite78 wrote:
Originally Posted by seasoned vet

Wilroc wrote:

This is like my first few times I'm ever hearing dudes say Lupe's music is wack 
eek.gif
. I'm so taken aback right now 
laugh.gif
. I understand if you dont mess with Lasers but his first two albums were fantastic and I hardly ever see opinions disagreeing.
....its how these clown +$% dudes think. ive heard this same "wack, corny, cornball" bs since the early 90's with the native tongues movement.

- to some people lofty ideas and intelligence has no place in the music they like to listen to, they just dont have enough brain power to be able to articulate it well enough past a "wack, corny, cornball"
ohwell.gif

....from Tribe to De La......Mos and Talib to The Roots.......Lupe to whoever chooses to have substance within their music. these types of artists/groups will always garner these superficial titles from these low IQ types that find thinking to be a chore. i truly feel sorry for them.

Oh shut the hell up.

He doesn't like lupe, now he has a low IQ? What I feel sorry for is you taking his comment so serious you need multiple replies to get your point across. You dudes kill me how butt hurt you get when somebody doesn't share the same taste as you (be it women, music, clothing or cars).

- oh and ftr, its not about anyone not liking Lupe. its about the expected label of cornball from the usual remedial bunch. the type of people to look at a Jackson Pollock...not get it, and call it just splatters of paint
30t6p3b.gif

- while i may or may not dig Pollock's work it'd be foolish of me to just dismiss it as splatters of paint vs. something i just dont get or just not into.......

- your reaction is expected though. its how those in the dark act when called on it. i found the light long ago and laugh at your type.

smh... @ some of ya don't even know him
damn you meeted 1 my favorite rappers lupe fiasco
really jealous cause i love his first two albums still listen to this day

Originally Posted by FourReal

sick.gif
sick.gif

Is this what NT has really come to?

Tight. I'm gonna see whats crakin out there this Friday. Hopefully I run into someone cooler. 

Originally Posted by WITNESSkb24

sick.gif
sick.gif

Is this what NT has really come to?
roll.gif

anyways, I just saw him perform at UCF on saturday..he was talking about how he was out supporting Occupy Orlando too earlier that day.

I want him to cut those little mini mop head dreads.

i love his first two albums still listen to this day

All praises due.

the first two are classic in my opinion

i didnt even listen to the third because i didnt want to be dissappointed
30t6p3b.gif

man. yall couldn't tell who that is?

I was sitting on some steps outside. Lupe comes outta no where and sits a couple of steps down in front of me.

from BEHIND, I could tell that was Lupe because of his hair.
laugh.gif

how the hell is his music corny?

Originally Posted by NikeAirForce1

how the hell is his music corny?

*devil's advocate speaking*
....its corny because why spend time having substance to your music when you could be talking about money, %@++, and clothes? swag, and bagging mad !%+@@%! is all that really matters foreal, all that other #@$# is just wasted energy. besides, im trying to have a good time, im not trying to have to think while i listen to music.

they said the same thing about:
Tribe
De La
The Roots
Black Star
Common
and now Lupe

...and i dont even listen to Lupe foreal. i bought F&L but thats all ive heard from dude. what i DO KNOW is that his music has substance and most people dont like substance in their music. they dont want to say "i like my music on the stupid side" so they try to justify it by calling his music 'corny'.

Back
Top Bottom