**LOCK NEEDED** 2018-19 NFL thread/ macbk has his back stabbed. Everyone go to nickmaz' thread!

Once and for all - who should create the new 2018-19 Season Thread?

• macbk

Votes: 14 38.9%
  • aNYone

Votes: 10 27.8%
  • Nike Jordan

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • No new thread, keep this current one as is

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • nickmaz

Votes: 7 19.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

slow-clap-gif.gif

Im sure Von is crying over that lost Phil Long Dealership cheque...

giphy.gif

Fake news

http://www.denverpost.com/2017/09/25/von-miller-phil-long-ford-endorsement/

Broncos outside linebacker Von Miller did not lose an endorsement deal with Phil Long Ford after protesting during the national anthem Sunday, despite media reports to the contrary.

KOAA-5 first reported Monday morning that Miller had been “fired” from his deal with Phil Long because of his protest but Miller has not had an agreement with the dealership for nearly six months. Miller’s previous agreement with Phil Long Ford expired in March. There had been talks about a renewal, but nothing had materialized.

“We are evaluating the events of the weekend. It is important to state that we haven’t fired Von,” Phil Long Dealerships said in a statement. “We are in the middle of contract renewal and this weekend’s events remind us that sometimes we feel that we best represent ourselves. We support Von and his first amendment rights, we know Von and he’s a good person. He donated a police car to his hometown police dept. All that notwithstanding, when we bring in celebrities to represent us, we run the risk of being misrepresented.

“We, like millions of Americans, are concerned and will respond consistently with our values as a proud American company founded by a war hero (Phil Long). While we can’t control the actions of others, we can be responsible for how we support our nation and community. That is why, years ago, our principal owner, Jay Cimino, founded the Mount Carmel Veteran’s Service center, and is supported by all Phil Long Dealerships. We support this cause not just with our words, but financially as well, and it is serving hundreds of veterans in need right here in Colorado. This would be a great time for our community to show support for our military community by supporting this cause or others that continue to serve them after they serve us.”

“Unfortunately I threw my teammates under the bus, unintentionally,” Villanueva said. “Every single time I see that picture of me standing by myself I feel embarrassed.”

Sales of Villanueva’s jerseys have skyrocketed since video of him standing outside the tunnel during the national anthem was shown on CBS.

“For anybody who thinks Coach Tomlin is not as patriotic as you can get in America, I’m offended by that,” Villanueva said.

About to be a record number of cancelled orders :lol:

they go out and make this the #1 jersey because he stood for the anthem, these morons should know he has been pretty supportive of the protests and his teammates

dumbasses dropping $100 on a jersey for no reason, people are dumb

They probably spent more because they had to get the customized version. I doubt they had many pre-printed Villanueva jerseys :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom