**LOCK NEEDED** 2018-19 NFL thread/ macbk has his back stabbed. Everyone go to nickmaz' thread!

Once and for all - who should create the new 2018-19 Season Thread?

• macbk

Votes: 14 38.9%
  • aNYone

Votes: 10 27.8%
  • Nike Jordan

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • No new thread, keep this current one as is

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • nickmaz

Votes: 7 19.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly don’t see myself doing public accounting for long, not built for this life.

I want to quit my job and just settle for a decent finance or accounting job at a private company :lol:

I’m so not ready for tax season

you in audit? you gotta get outta there, man. not sure if you're chasing an hours requirement, though. 3-4 years in the big 4 is golden for the resume, but if you can switch from audit to advisory or something, such a better life this time of year :lol:

Daytime TV is so bad, I would rather be at work when it's 20 degrees

same :lol:

I hate anything to do with accounting. Barely somehow passed it the 2 semesters i had it to graduate

47% was a C with the curve for me

guess that is what happens when you teach accounting to a class in a place looking like a small arena

you in audit? you gotta get outta there, man. not sure if you're chasing an hours requirement, though. 3-4 years in the big 4 is golden for the resume, but if you can switch from audit to advisory or something, such a better life this time of year :lol:

same :lol:
I’m a year and a half into a local tax firm lol
Was thinking of leaving after the tax season to study for my cpa lol

I’m a year and a half into a local tax firm lol
Was thinking of leaving after the tax season to study for my cpa lol

ahh...i thought you were at Deloitte for some reason :lol:

the CPA exam, man. made 2008 the worst year of my life. good luck. you'll get it done no prob it's just tedious AF :lol:

Honestly don’t see myself doing public accounting for long, not built for this life.

I want to quit my job and just settle for a decent finance or accounting job at a private company :lol:
Public Accounting is trash. The only thing good about it is the paycheck and the connections you make. Every single person I know who worked in public accounting after college eventually quit. Corporate Accounting >*

And the Vikings will have a QB situation after Case bombs out in the playoffs :wink:

Public Accounting is trash. The only thing good about it is the paycheck and the connections you make. Every single person I know who worked in public accounting after college eventually quit. Corporate Accounting >*

the paycheck isn't amazing until you get to senior manager. it's mostly just good for the resume and steady. 3-4 years and you bounce to private and then you start making legit money. but when private companies see a CPA and big 4 on your resume, the panties drop :lol:

the audit life in big 4 is brutal. glad i never dealt with that. the consulting gigs tho were fire...on the road with an expense account at 23 years old. it was THE life for the 4 years i did it.

but when private companies see a CPA and big 4 on your resume, the panties drop :lol:

I had a homegirl who worked at PWC for like 5 years. Came time for her to look for a new gig and she was stressing out like crazy :smh:. I told her "You have a CPA and Big 4 Public Accounting experience. You can damn near get whatever job you want :lol:" She had a financial gig at Nestle a month later.

I still think about going back for my CPA, but I dread all of that studying, and I've been able to carve out a decent career so far in the corporate world, so I don't really "NEED" to go back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom