**LOCK NEEDED** 2018-19 NFL thread/ macbk has his back stabbed. Everyone go to nickmaz' thread!

Once and for all - who should create the new 2018-19 Season Thread?

• macbk

Votes: 14 38.9%
  • aNYone

Votes: 10 27.8%
  • Nike Jordan

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • No new thread, keep this current one as is

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • nickmaz

Votes: 7 19.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
AP hasn't proven if he's washed or not. 2015 he had 1485 yrds 11 TD's at 30. He was hurt last year. Now he's on a team that don't fit him at all.

They said DeMarco Murray was done after that year in Philly .. had a great year in Tennessee

Still got a whole season to judge AP, his few games in Minny last year werent that great were they

Still think marshawn a better fit for Oakland then ap. Y'all mention players like Murray but he ain't 32.. Stop it.. Ap washed. Time to give it up.. He ain't a 20 productive touches a game guy anymore.. Could be good in a back up and goal line role..

Peyton went from all pro to garbage within two seasons... Two seasons is a long time in nfl yeArs

Last edited:
Tiki 109 Starts
10449 yards
4.7 per carry
586 receptions
5183 yards
15632 total yards
67 TD

AP 117 starts
11765 yards
4.9 per carry
241 receptions
1945 yards
13710 total yards
102 TD

AP is clearly the better runner, but in terms of better overall RB, to say "not close" is shortsighted.

Again, AP is clearly the better runner. Don't twist it. AP, is, better.

But "not close"? Tiki certainly got off to a slow start, but his 27-31 seasons were top notch. If he wasn't such a douche bag he might have played a little longer and really piled up some totals.

Has the Pederson/Schwartz/Michael Lombardi thing been talked about?

Link: http://www.philly.com/philly/sports...ardi-doug-pederson-jim-schwartz-20170909.html

“Everybody knows Pederson isn’t a head coach. He might be less qualified to coach a team than anyone I’ve ever seen,” Lombardi said during the Ringer video segment. “When will the Eagles admit their mistake? Will they throw away 2017 by stubbornly sticking to the Pederson Principle?”

Having Schwartz, a former head coach with a large personality, in the building always threatened to overshadow Pederson. Lombardi doubled down on his remarks during interviews with the Inquirer and PST. He said that Pederson wasn’t detail-oriented enough. He pointed out that Wentz and the Eagles offense had regressed last season.

And he questioned the second-year coach’s ability to stand in front of his team and inspire confidence – a bold presumption unless he gathered it from someone in the room. The only Eagles entity who escaped Lombardi’s wrath was Schwartz.

One Eagles staffer said the only coach who probably doesn’t think Schwartz is trying to undercut Pederson is Pederson. Three players, who requested anonymity, said that it has become well-known in the locker room that Schwartz is waiting to usurp power.

“[Schwartz] walks around the building like he thinks he’s the head coach,” one player said.

Schwartz is bright and has one of the better defensive minds in the NFL, but some Eagles coaches and players said that he’s arrogant. A few players said they liked his swagger. He has been known, much like Kelly, to walk past colleagues in the hallways without acknowledgement.

No I think AP is a shell of his glory days and at best is a 3rd down back

I watched his preseason where he ran "his style" only to get 3 yards every time, I could be wrong but Father Time gets us all
People go off of names and players reps

. I remember bout a year and a half ago people was still arguing with me that rg3 would go somewhere else and ball out.... Hell when people think of kaep they think of John harbaugh Kaep and not the production and player we've seen the past few years

No I think AP is a shell of his glory days and at best is a 3rd down back

I watched his preseason where he ran "his style" only to get 3 yards every time, I could be wrong but Father Time gets us all
3rd down backs are usually scat backs or good catching out the back field.. More like goal line short yard age situations if that.

Tiki 109 Starts
10449 yards
4.7 per carry
586 receptions
5183 yards
15632 total yards
67 TD

AP 117 starts
11765 yards
4.9 per carry
241 receptions
1945 yards
13710 total yards
102 TD

AP is clearly the better runner, but in terms of better overall RB, to say "not close" is shortsighted.

Again, AP is clearly the better runner. Don't twist it. AP, is, better.

But "not close"? Tiki certainly got off to a slow start, but his 27-31 seasons were top notch. If he wasn't such a douche bag he might have played a little longer and really piled up some totals.
Another case where #'s don't tell the full story. It's a long list of RB's between AP and Tiki. AP is a all time RB. Tiki was nice but he ain't close to that.

People go off of names and players reps

. I remember bout a year and a half ago people was still arguing with me that rg3 would go somewhere else and ball out.... Hell when people think of kaep they think of John harbaugh Kaep and not the production and player we've seen the past few years

Harbaugh masked and exploited tangibles and intangibles during a window of opportunity that was prime for Kaep, the 49ers, and the league at the time.
There is a time and place. You are either ahead of the curve or yesterday's news when everyone figures it out and everyone moves on to something else.
Players are lucky to have good coaches, players, staff and organizations around them to grow them. The window of opportunity is extremely short.
Players I watched and came to understand over the last 12 years have retired/since moved onto other things. We're getting old(er) too :smile:. Life is something else.

Last edited by a moderator:
Has the Pederson/Schwartz/Michael Lombardi thing been talked about?

Link: http://www.philly.com/philly/sports...ardi-doug-pederson-jim-schwartz-20170909.html

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom