**LOCK NEEDED** 2018-19 NFL thread/ macbk has his back stabbed. Everyone go to nickmaz' thread!

Once and for all - who should create the new 2018-19 Season Thread?

• macbk

Votes: 14 38.9%
  • aNYone

Votes: 10 27.8%
  • Nike Jordan

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • No new thread, keep this current one as is

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • nickmaz

Votes: 7 19.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been too defeated to even read about the Giants. What's the news on OBJ and Marshall? Was OBJ's a clean break with no ligament issues? Why is Brandon out for the year?
BMarsh needs surgery for his ankle
I guess it fractured....

and this is the real reason why the NFL has "declining ratings"

But they really don't.. outside of the lost viewers from natural disasters, the ratings aren't technically declining in the overall number

It's actually going up.. but you have terrible games, like say most Thursday games, where people just aren't watching for as long as they once did

Also assuming folks DVRing has some impact on it

I've been too defeated to even read about the Giants. What's the news on OBJ and Marshall? Was OBJ's a clean break with no ligament issues? Why is Brandon out for the year?

Brandon Marshall's getting ankle surgery. Wonder how many years left he has at this point.

They said OBJ's surgery was successful, but IDK beyond that.

But they really don't.. outside of the lost viewers from natural disasters, the ratings aren't technically declining in the overall number

It's actually going up.. but you have terrible games, like say most Thursday games, where people just aren't watching for as long as they once did

Also assuming folks DVRing has some impact on it
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/25/sports/football/nfl-ratings-trump.html

Been down since 2015.....yeah it went up a little the past week, but still a downward trend

NFL screwed up the system by minimizing practices. Plus, too many unnecessary penalty flags.

If they add more practice time during the week, and cracked down on penalty flags, games would be much more quality

DLzZzaGV4AALcp9.jpg

NFL screwed up the system by minimizing practices. Plus, too many unnecessary penalty flags.

If they add more practice time during the week, and cracked down on penalty flags, games would be much more quality
NFL isn't going to change the defensive rules to be more lenient. Hell, I bet they start adding targeting rules similar to college soon.
But yeah, I think they should cut out the TNF games.

I like how people are threatening their fanhood over this. You know damn well every single owner feels the same way. Bunch of rich white people that think that since they have employees they can control everything they do and say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom