**LOCK NEEDED** 2018-19 NFL thread/ macbk has his back stabbed. Everyone go to nickmaz' thread!

Once and for all - who should create the new 2018-19 Season Thread?

• macbk

Votes: 14 38.9%
  • aNYone

Votes: 10 27.8%
  • Nike Jordan

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • No new thread, keep this current one as is

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • nickmaz

Votes: 7 19.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like how people are threatening their fanhood over this. You know damn well every single owner feels the same way. Bunch of rich white people that think that since they have employees they can control everything they do and say.

I dont the think they all feel the same..

I think they all see the business ramifications of all this and want to maintain the status quo and just get things back to normal

But guarantee ain't all these dudes out here like Jerry

Maybe if we had a winning record your mind woulda been different
Naw for the first time I legit watched the Cowboys game last week and this week not caring if they won or lose but disgusted at the lack of backbone shown by Cowboys players and Jerry. These fools prob gonna let Jerry treat then like slaves agains and I can't stand by and root for that.

I like how people are threatening their fanhood over this. You know damn well every single owner feels the same way. Bunch of rich white people that think that since they have employees they can control everything they do and say.
didnt the jags owner donate a million to the pres. they all feel like this . i dont know how issues get past or what not so im not going to pretend i do but i guarantee if it were a owner team vote not one vote would go against what is trying to be implemented.
issues like this make me not want to watch but im addicted so i will. team merchandise or anything else tho, im done with . ill watch my streams and on tv but thats where it ends. wont donate a buck to the nfl anymore.

I dont the think they all feel the same..

I think they all see the business ramifications of all this and want to maintain the status quo and just get things back to normal

But guarantee ain't all these dudes out here like Jerry

I think it is pretty clear most/all feel the same. Kaep is better than at minimum 5 starting QBs in the NFL right now and at very minimum would probably be the best backup on every team in the NFL. If they didnt feel some sort of way, he would be on a team right now.

didnt the jags owner donate a million to the pres. they all feel like this . i dont know how issues get past or what not so im not going to pretend i do but i guarantee if it were a owner team vote not one vote would go against what is trying to be implemented.
issues like this make me not want to watch but im addicted so i will. team merchandise or anything else tho, im done with . ill watch my streams and on tv but thats where it ends. wont donate a buck to the nfl anymore.

Was a handful of owners who contributed to trump..

I wouldn't put all owners in the same boat as Jerry.. and jags owner, who is Muslim

I think it is pretty clear most/all feel the same. Kaep is better than at minimum 5 starting QBs in the NFL right now and at very minimum would probably be the best backup on every team in the NFL. If they didnt feel some sort of way, he would be on a team right now.

I believe the owners deciding to black ball kaep was about power.. and maintaining the brand over the individual.. and keeping the players ultimately under their control

Theoretically, it's like big businesses being anti union

Dealing with trump and the issues he brings is a whole nother set of issues

I believe the owners deciding to black ball kaep was about power.. and maintaining the brand over the individual.. and keeping the players ultimately under their control

I suppose I dont see how blackballing kaep for kneeling during the national anthem is much different than the owners collectively getting together to change the rules to stop players from kneeling during the anthem. They may not be as vocal about it, but most of them couldnt give two ****s less about what people are protesting for.

All they see is it is affecting ratings and their bottom line.

I suppose I dont see how blackballing kaep for kneeling during the national anthem is much different than the owners collectively getting together to change the rules to stop players from kneeling during the anthem. They may not be as vocal about it, but most of them couldnt give two ****s less about what people are protesting for.

All they see is it is affecting ratings and their bottom line.

They can't collectively get together and make that change without the players.. players could and probably will sue

You had owners who openly supported trump and a handful who gave significant financial support

I don't think you can put everyone in the same boat.. Jerry has openly spoken about ramifications, Dolphins told players to stay in the tunnel.. not all teams have taken these steps

Do I think all owners are concerned about business ramifications, obviously yes.. do I think all owners are the same class of d***head I believe Jerry to be, no

Further example, all billionaire owners would benefit greatly from the proposed tax reform on just the estate tax.. that doesn't mean all owners supported trump.. but they all could still benefit

It is about power. The individual has just as much power in their ability to go against the order(s) in place. Raising their fist, kneeling, refusing to stand for the anthem, or jeopardizing the game is well within the hands of the player. It goes back and forth.

Antonio-Valencia-jogs-during-an-Ecuador-training-session.jpg

It is about power. The individual has just as much power.

Want an example with Jerry jones, see emmitt smith holding out in the 90s

Power depends on circumstances and need, from the players perspective.. emmitt held out, cowboys started 0-2, Jerry jumped

In my opinion, dak and Tyron smith could potentially have this same sort of leverage.. at least you can name Zeke's backups

Want an example with Jerry jones, see emmitt smith holding out in the 90s

Power depends on circumstances and need, from the players perspective.. emmitt held out, cowboys started 0-2, Jerry jumped

In my opinion, dak and Tyron smith could potentially have this same sort of leverage.. at least you can name Zeke's backups

I agree. I'm not a history major or well versed in sports history but is this not a time to be alive?

They can't collectively get together and make that change without the players.. players could and probably will sue

You had owners who openly supported trump and a handful who gave significant financial support

I don't think you can put everyone in the same boat.. Jerry has openly spoken about ramifications, Dolphins told players to stay in the tunnel.. not all teams have taken these steps

Do I think all owners are concerned about business ramifications, obviously yes.. do I think all owners are the same class of d***head I believe Jerry to be, no

Further example, all billionaire owners would benefit greatly from the proposed tax reform on just the estate tax.. that doesn't mean all owners supported trump.. but they all could still benefit

I don't disagree that all owners are not on the same level as Jerry. Jerry is a damn jackass. But I find it incredibly hard to believe that these owners support these protests given the fact that Kaep has been unsigned for like 5 months and given how swiftly some of these rule changes are starting to move.

But as far as political affiliations go, I'm willing to bet that 90+% of the owners are hard line republicans and therefore voted for Trump over Hillary or Bernie. I sure as **** dont see any of those owners voting for a 63% effective tax rate like Bernie was proposing. They might not be openly supporting it in public, but you know they are in favor of a tax reduction from 39.6% to 33%

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom