LOCK IT UP - College Football - 2009 Season/2010 Off-Season

damn thats sad. i wish the best for him weather its at miami or any other school
frown.gif

i dont see how he stayed strong even talking about it. i know i would breakdown.....
tired.gif

Starting Fall camp in KNoxville, Marsalis Teague has been moved to DB. and Ted Meline has been moved to DB as well.

pimp.gif

Juco transfer Dave Clark has been ruled ineligible and John Brown, Marcques Dixon, Eddrick Loften are waiting for Clearinghouse on their test scores

From what I've heard, Ahmad Dixon passed through the Clearinghouse and is all set to play at Baylor this year.

Certainly if Ahmad could get through, Eddy Loften will get through...

Originally Posted by tmay407

Oregon vs. LSU at JerryWorld in 2011?

nerd.gif

thats what is sounds like

kstate pulled out of there game VS oregon so that spot is open for oregon now. Bill Snyder wanted to pull the same %+!! with UCLA this year but UCLA couldnt find a replacment team.

He woulda ran into the same problem at UF. He's more quick than fast and he's still 175 soaking wet.

also, tells u how good Da'Rick and Justin Hunter are doing in 7 on 7 drills.

WRU is BACK!

Jermil Martin is offcially released from his scholly and is transferring.

John Clay is said to be in really good shape
nerd.gif

Woolfolk: Forcier's lack of attendance at workouts puts Robinson ahead in QB battle

By: Joe Stapleton
Daily Sports Editor
Published August 3rd, 2010

CHICAGO — For months, Michigan coach Rich Rodriguez has been adamant that the quarterback competition between sophomores Denard Robinson and Tate Forcier is wide open.

But during day two of the Big Ten football media days, senior cornerback Troy Woolfolk said that isn't necessarily the case.

"Denard has been out there through the thick and thin and been out there all the time regardless if he's hurting," Woolfolk said. "And Tate, he tries to come out, but he's not as consistent as Denard is. And that's allowed Denard to jump a little bit ahead of Tate and I think that Tate's going to have to do a lot of work to catch back up to Denard in camp this year."

According to Woolfolk, what was once a neck-and-neck race between Forcier and Robinson for the starting quarterback job has begun to tip in Robinson's favor. And a big reason for that, Woolfolk said, is the team's perception of players who don't show up to voluntary workouts.

"I personally have a lack of respect for them," Woolfolk said. "The outlook on them is kind of diseased. Like you don't want to be hanging around those people because they have bad work ethic. But at the same time, it's my role to try to persuade them to come out more."

According to Woolfolk, Forcier hasn't shown up to as many workouts as him and the other seniors feel he should have, and Woolfolk said it's hurting his teammates' perception of their signal caller.

"The only reason he's not really labeled as diseased is because of the way he was able to carry the team last year before we started losing. People still trust him a little bit, but he's starting to lose that trust."

And by all accounts, Robinson, who has shown up to workouts consistently since they started, is earning that trust. As a fill-in for Forcier last year, Robinson showed promise as a runner and athlete, but was erratic throwing the ball, throwing for four interceptions and two touchdowns.

Robinson has greatly improved his passing during the offseason, but, according to some players, he has also made strides off the field.

"He’s definitely taken on some leadership," fifth-year senior offensive lineman Steve Schilling said. "He’s there every day working hard. He’s been a guy that doesn’t complain. He makes you want to play for him, and he has those qualities to be a special leader and a special quarterback."

Michigan coach Rich Rodriguez said Monday that he warned Forcier early in the offseason that the competition for the starting job would be stiff.

"I talked to him in the spring about this: 'You're getting a challenge from Denard, you're getting a challenge from (freshman) Devin (Gardner). If you're a true competitor, we'll see how you respond.' That challenge will continue in August."

Forcier still has a chance to respond during camp, but as of now it appears, at least in the players' eyes, the once-wide-open competition has a leader.

John Clay's a damn beast. I posted a photo of him awhile back when he ballooned up to 270...he looked sloppy. I was hoping for Ohio State's sake he'd stay that way, but he's already lost weight the way Bielema's talking.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Originally Posted by tmay407

Oregon vs. LSU at JerryWorld in 2011?

nerd.gif

thats what is sounds like

kstate pulled out of there game VS oregon so that spot is open for oregon now. Bill Snyder wanted to pull the same %+!! with UCLA this year but UCLA couldnt find a replacment team.
Snyder is a wimp, dude promptly started backing out of every semi difficult OOC game they had scheduled once he got back.

GUNNA GET IT wrote:

He woulda ran into the same problem at UF. He's more quick than fast and he's still 175 soaking wet.

also, tells u how good Da'Rick and Justin Hunter are doing in 7 on 7 drills.

WRU is BACK!

smh.gif
smh.gif
Hunter is gonna be a problem. I REALLY wished he would have taken a look at us once he backed off of LSU, but we never had a chance.

Forcier is gonna end up transferring. I already see it happening if Robinson doesn't eff up the in that #1 spot. & with Gardner is the picture...the future doesn't look to bright for Tate. Sucks cuz after those first 4 games last season, i was hyping dude up like he was Kobe
roll.gif
(Specially that TD run against ND
pimp.gif
) but Robinson rose over him this off-season.

In D-Rob We trust (For now)

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

Forcier is gonna end up transferring.
Doesn't have much to prove at Michigan after winning all those Heisman's.

Oh wait...

Guess not
tired.gif

Have fun playing in a bowl game in the next 2 years and restoring that Trojan Dynasty.

Oh wait...

I'm curious to know some underclassmen or new starters on everybody's teams that aren't established players but you think are gonna have a breakout year (did we do a post like that already?)

On O I'm gonna go with WR Marcus Davis. 6'4 232 and runs sub 4.5 easily. Also set the WR position record with a 43 inch vert. We already have a crowded WR corps even though none of them are spectacular, but I think MD is gonna bust through this year.

On D I'm gonna say Bruce Taylor. He's probably our biggest most physical LB ever at 6'2 252 (aka an average Bama linebacker
laugh.gif
)and he moves pretty well for his size. He was highly touted coming out of HS but he didn't really start putting it together until this spring. I feel a lot better about our LB situation this year now that Jake Johnson has transferred out; dude was a bum. Gregg Williams' son chase enrolled early last spring and he's already #2 on the depth chart at backer and will probably get decent playing time this year. Pretty sick for a true freshman.

BTW I'm going out on a limb EARLY and saying Ryan Williams goes for 150 and 3 TD's on UNC this year
laugh.gif
He took it real hard last year when his fumble cost us the game (the only VT game I've ever missed, thank God), he's gonna go HAM to redeem himself this year.

Originally Posted by RoOk

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

Forcier is gonna end up transferring.
Doesn't have much to prove at Michigan after winning all those Heisman's.

Oh wait...
Guess not
tired.gif

Have fun playing in a bowl game in the next 2 years and restoring that Trojan Dynasty.

Oh wait...

You're a self proclaimed USC fan, though ("Lane Kiffin Era Begins
pimp.gif
").

And whoever is PS'ing these jerseys needs to stop.  They are all
sick.gif
(in a bad way).

laugh.gif

Highly doubt any one dude will run for 3 teeters on our D this year. Maybe GT as a team, but definitely not one single back.

As for the Heels I can see Mywan Jackson stepping in and making some big plays for our defense off the bench. He showed some promise in the spring game, so hopefully he can build on that this training camp and coming season. On offense, the most important group will for sure be the O-line. Everything I've read on Carl Gaskins has been pretty positive. He's penciled in as our starting Left Tackle this year after missing all of last year with a torn ACL. So hopefully he can stay healthy and provide some stability to an OL group that is very important to our success this year.

There should be some good responses to that, 5am6oody...

For TAMU:

Offense - I would say Uzoma Nwachukwu, but it sounds like he was beaten out by Terrence McCoy in the spring. According to Rivals Radio, Ryan Tannehill is our best receiver, so I guess he's out of it, too. I think most people already know about Christine Michael. That leaves Ryan Swope, who plays the slot receiver position. He's a speed demon (4.3-4.4 40 time) who also will be our primary kickoff returner. He showed some pretty solid flashes last year as a true freshman, and from what I've heard, he's put in a lot of work this offseason to get better.

Defense - I think I'm either going to have to go with Dustin Harris or Coryell Judie here. Harris started 10 games as a true freshman last year, while missing the other starts due to injury. He returned for the bowl game against Georgia and held AJ Green to 57 yards on 6 catches, primarily in man defense. He'll most likely be our punt returner, as he locked up that position last season. Harris was also named to the Big 12 All-Freshman team last year. Judie was expected to make a huge impact last year as a JuCo transfer, but was forced to redshirt after suffering a season-ending injury during Fall practices. Judie is a very physical, in-your-face CB, and is very athletic. I wouldn't be surprised to see him starting over Harris or Terrence Frederick at some point this season.

Originally Posted by 5am6oody72

I'm curious to know some underclassmen or new starters on everybody's teams that aren't established players but you think are gonna have a breakout year (did we do a post like that already?)

On O I'm gonna go with WR Marcus Davis. 6'4 232 and runs sub 4.5 easily. Also set the WR position record with a 43 inch vert. We already have a crowded WR corps even though none of them are spectacular, but I think MD is gonna bust through this year.

On D I'm gonna say Bruce Taylor. He's probably our biggest most physical LB ever at 6'2 252 (aka an average Bama linebacker
laugh.gif
)and he moves pretty well for his size. He was highly touted coming out of HS but he didn't really start putting it together until this spring. I feel a lot better about our LB situation this year now that Jake Johnson has transferred out; dude was a bum. Gregg Williams' son chase enrolled early last spring and he's already #2 on the depth chart at backer and will probably get decent playing time this year. Pretty sick for a true freshman.

BTW I'm going out on a limb EARLY and saying Ryan Williams goes for 150 and 3 TD's on UNC this year
laugh.gif
He took it real hard last year when his fumble cost us the game (the only VT game I've ever missed, thank God), he's gonna go HAM to redeem himself this year.
Is Logan Thomas gonna see the field this season at a skill position? I know he may take over for Tyrod after this season but he's too talented to ride the pine.

Back
Top Bottom