LOCK IT UP - College Football - 2009 Season/2010 Off-Season

DE Steven Wesley is off the team for "Academic Reasons" Frees up a scholly for Seantrel....still need another for LA though.

/\ If by 'LA' you mean Latwan Anderson. Miami doesn't need find room room for Anderson. He signed a track scholarship.

Originally Posted by Dade B0Y

/\ If by 'LA' you mean Latwan Anderson. Miami doesn't need find room room for Anderson. He signed a track scholarship.
If I'm not mistaken, football scholarships override other scholarships. So in other words, the second he steps onto a football field his track scholarship turns into a football scholarship.

[h3]http://espn.go.com/blog/sec/post/_/id/12229/vols-dooley-not-releasing-brown[/h3]
[h3]Vols' Dooley not releasing Brown[/h3]
July, 30, 2010
Jul 30

8:21

PM ET

By Chris Low

Tennessee coach Derek Dooley reiterated Friday that he's felt for some time that running back Bryce Brown would not be playing for the Vols this season.

Nonetheless, Dooley said he has no plans to give Brown a release now that he's asked for one.

"This is not personal against Bryce, but I'm always going to do what I feel like I need to to protect this program," Dooley said. "It's a business decision."

Brown's father, Arthur Brown, told ESPN's Joe Schad, that his son wants a release from Tennessee to be able to transfer to Kansas State, and Arthur Brown said he's repeatedly made those wishes known to Dooley since April.

Dooley confirmed that Brown did come to see him last Saturday, but that Brown was still sorting through what he wanted to do at that point and that a release was never discussed. On Wednesday of this week, Dooley said he received a text from Brown requesting a release.

"The only reason this thing has dragged out as long as it has is because Bryce never came to me and told me what he wanted," Dooley said.

Since taking the job at Tennessee, Dooley said five players, including Brown, have requested a release. He said he's given two of those players unconditional releases (quarterback Nick Stephens and receiver Todd Campbell). He said he released offensive tackle Aaron Douglas conditionally and declined to release quarterback Nick Lamaison and Brown.

"I consider three factors when players ask for a release -- what they've invested in the program, the harm their leaving will do to the program and how they've handled the situation," Dooley said. "In this case, Bryce is free to go wherever he wants, but I'm not releasing him. He can pay his own way that first year or go to junior college."

Brown, the crown jewel of Lane Kiffin's only recruiting class at Tennessee, skipped spring practice earlier this year and has not taken part in any team activities since March. He rushed for 460 yards last season as a freshman, averaging 4.6 yards per carry, and served as Montario Hardesty's backup. Nearly half of Brown's yards (215) came in nonconference wins over Western Kentucky, Ohio and Memphis.

I think he handled it well

A RB who has proved nothing and wants the world handed to him ... psssshhh

one the flip side, we had a freshman all american OT who asked for and gor his release cus he handled the situation correctly.

I have no sympathy for Bryce Brown cus he went about this all wrong and tried to make power plays, it backfired.

So...The only way brown plays at K-State is if he pays for it?

& excuse me if im wrong but then that means he'll be able to play ASAP rather than sit out a year?

Yes but if he's going to play this year he'll need a football scholarship. If he redshirts he's fine. But if he plays in a game then it automatically converts to a football scholly.

Originally Posted by RoOk

So...The only way brown plays at K-State is if he pays for it?

& excuse me if im wrong but then that means he'll be able to play ASAP rather than sit out a year?
I'm not sure. I think unless you get clearance from the NCAA you have to sit out a year if you transfer to another school. Regardless if you are on scholly or if you pay for it yourself.

I could be wrong though.
Originally Posted by tmay407

AI,

You heard anything about Jalen Brown committing to the Irish as well?

LastI heard he was a Texas Tech lean, and didn't plan on committing anytime soon, but Irish fans on Rivals are saying that he committed.Pretty strange considering he was planning on taking his officialvisits, and has never visited Notre Dame as far as I know.
Jalen Brown to Notre Dame.

BK getting some southern athletes/speed up there

Transfers without waivers have to sit out a yr. without a release from previous school, he has to pay his own way for that 1st yr.

Originally Posted by Fear The Ibis

DE Steven Wesley is off the team for "Academic Reasons" Frees up a scholly for Seantrel....still need another for LA though.

Steven Wesley To clear all the rumors no im not academiclyinelgible nor did i get kicked off the team for any off the fieldissues,its more to it then that but if you dont have nothing good tosay about people you dont say nothing at all so ill leave it at that.But i wont be playing football at the U next season but i appreciateall the support from the fans that was given.Luv my l_l @+%!** no @%$*
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Originally Posted by dreClark

Steven Wesley To clear all the rumors no im not academiclyinelgible nor did i get kicked off the team for any off the fieldissues,its more to it then that but if you dont have nothing good tosay about people you dont say nothing at all so ill leave it at that.But i wont be playing football at the U next season but i appreciateall the support from the fans that was given.Luv my l_l @+%!** no @%$*
laugh.gif
smh.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

dreClark wrote:
Thearon Collier leaving UM.

Jordan Futch might be right behind him.

ohwell.gif

where you see this at dre?

Report: Thearon Collier could be out at Miami

Miami’s Thearon Collier could have played his last game as a Hurricane.

According to the Palm Beach Post, Collier will not participate when fall camp starts on Thursday and will not be a part of the Hurricanes this season.

The report says that Miami has informed the wide receiver that he would be released from his scholarship if he chooses to transfer. He has also been told he can still take classes but won’t be a part of the team.

Collier met with head coach Randy Shannon on Monday but neither had an comment on the situation.

Speculation is that off-the-field issues were the cause of the juniors banishment from the team. Collier was absent the second half of spring practices and missed the spring game altogether.

Last year, Collier became the first Hurricane to return two punts for touchdown since Devin Hester did it in 2004.

He finished the season with 17 catches for 250 yards and a touchdown, down from his freshman season when he had 28 catches for 324 yards and two touchdowns.

^ Did you watch that video, my dude? Certainly didn't warrant a laughin emoticon.

Yes but if he's going to play this year he'll need a football scholarship. If he redshirts he's fine. But if he plays in a game then it automatically converts to a football scholly.
Ya, I believe a shirt has always been the plan with Anderson. But we'll see.

And I hate the Wesley departure far more, than that of Collier.

Fear The Ibis wrote:

Dade B0Y wrote:

Ya, I believe a shirt has always been the plan with Anderson. But we'll see.

And I hate the Wesley departure far more, than that of Collier.

Nah I don't think LA was ever going to RS. He'll get a lot of work on ST. Might do punt returns now that Collier is gone.

And Collier was more valuable than Wesley but still i'm mad about both of them leaving.
smh.gif
Wesley started a bunch of games last year at DE. Losing him hurts. And Collier was our best slot receiver by far even though he was chubby and out of shape last year. But Collier has been going through a lot lately so who knows what's going on with him. His girl had a miscarriage and his Mom had a stroke in the past few months.

Watching Big Ten media day, Rich Rod is one boring dude. I know there isn't alot to get hyped about in regards to the last 2 years, but he seems like he is just treading water in these interviews and with his jb here at Michigan. I like him as a coach and think he is a wiz, but his same old BS is getting old to me. He really doesn't fit in at Michigan. Hopefully he gets some Ws here but even Carrs old interviews seemed more entertaining. I just want a football team that wins and do not care who it is, but if he doesn't get to 7 wins, bring on Jim Harbaugh.

Back
Top Bottom