|| LocK Dis Up ||

How Many Games Do You Project The Lakers Will Win This Season?

• 15-20

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 21-25

• 26-30

• 31-35

• 36-40

• 41-45

• 46-50

• 51-55

• 56-73

• They Will Break the NBA Record with 74+ Wins

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I voted Nance.

giphy.gif

the chuckles from sacre :lol:

I went with Julius....

JR got the physical tools and the desire to be "the man". The right hand is laughable right now, but i'm hoping with the work it will come. He's so aggressive on offense, which works well for him because of his frame and physicality...he's a bully....defenders don't like that and get frustrated with that. The kid also has a high motor...he's always moving on D...whether he chasing down boards from the weak side, or rotating over when doods get beat...he makes good reads on d. I read somewhere he has an average or sub-par reach for his frame, so i'm not expecting him to be some kind of amazing shot blocker in the paint. The jumper is decent, its not broken and he has shown he can hit it, so i'm optimistic for him. After seeing blake put in the work the past few years and develop into a knock down mid range shooter, I think julius is coming into the L with a better jimmie than blake had, so again, i'm optimistic.

Nace is a great player, but the way he talks about his own game and impact on the floor, hes content being the glue guy or an "other"...which doesnt mean he still cant be great, but his drive is just different

Nace had stroke last year, I saw it lerking but you can tell bscott wasnt having none of that....he really killed me last year with those 2 handed power dribbles he would take anytime he got near the rim....it would nullify his dribble and limit all his moves close to the hoop...he's also looking to pass more often than not, which again aint a bad thing...but with the tools he has....do your thing mane! IMO he need to get away from that "big guy" mentality and add some more finesse to his game...think he can be a really amazing transition player if he work on his handle and that desire to finish....seems like luke is allowing him to explore that right now...

Last edited:
Man! I like Coach Jesse 100x more than anything B.Scott was. Can only imagine how Coach Walton is in practice. :smoking
Go Lakers!

who said I lost all hope? I feel like I've stated at least 20 times in this thread that Randle is still a project. A stretch 5 would immensely help that project.

That doesn't change the fact that I think Nance is more useful right now.

I've been following Randle's game since he was like 16 in the Olympic teams. I've always been a huge fan and was so hyped when Boston took Smart & let us get Randle. I'm just realistic to where he is right now and where he needs to go. It's a long path that's gunna take tons of hard work. Who knows if he can do it but I'm rooting for him.

I've been following Randle's game since he was like 16 in the Olympic teams. I've always been a huge fan and was so hyped when Boston took Smart & let us get Randle. I'm just realistic to where he is right now and where he needs to go. It's a long path that's gunna take tons of hard work. Who knows if he can do it but I'm rooting for him.

dude it was his first full year in the nba lol

I've watched like 3 of Coach Jesse's interviews so far, I wanna give that guy a hug man :lol: . He sound more like a life coach.

dude it was his first full year in the nba lol

Obviously. But I've watched enough to know that his game leaves a lot to be desired. I realize he averaged a double-double but his style of play was like a wack *** David Lee.

Not to nitpick, but from what I remember of David Lee's game is nothing like Julius Randle's. They both get rebounds and putbacks, that's about it. You're not high on Randle, I can somewhat understand why. Let's give him some time. It's still so early

Not to nitpick, but from what I remember of David Lee's game is nothing like Julius Randle's. They both get rebounds and putbacks, that's about it. You're not high on Randle, I can somewhat understand why. Let's give him some time. It's still so early

Gotta get the takes out while they're hot

Can't space the floor to three (yet?), struggle against length, drives to the basket, struggle post ups, good vision, questionable effort on defense.

JR has a better motor but Lee actually had some touch and finesse, it's actually about the best comparison there is tbh. Lee did make an All star team twice and was putting up 18 and 10 for a 5 year stretch. It's not like it's talking down on JR at all. We'd be lucky if he got to that level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom