|| LocK Dis Up ||

How Many Games Do You Project The Lakers Will Win This Season?

• 15-20

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 21-25

• 26-30

• 31-35

• 36-40

• 41-45

• 46-50

• 51-55

• 56-73

• They Will Break the NBA Record with 74+ Wins

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It means we're a team with a number 6 and two number 2 overall picks over the past three years... It's called rebuilding.

Jesus man, last decade really spoiled this fan base and the NBA. It's Brazy how irrational people get from the fans to the media. I see the stupid news articles about KD not wanting to come to the team and how the team lost its aura.... We literally just drafted a guy that people compare to Kevin Durant. We're expected to get all the top FAs, keep all of young core, still make the blockbuster trade deadline move, tank, and still win a championship all in one season every single got damn year.

We picked up Luol Deng 4-year $72mil per The Vertical

I was dying over here at work (graveyard shift) I'm kind of awake now :lol:

Last edited:
Guy is a real professional, I think it's a good look above anything on court and he's still got hella game... Maybe he can clean up some of the impressions that Young/Will and some of the recent vets have left on the Lakers/Going to be missed in Mia

Deng is useful.

Shoots threes
Good defender
Can play PF
Leader by all accounts

Four years is scary though. But hopefully Ingram is bonafide by year 2/3.

Are you guys in here pleased with the moves that the team is making? Cause they all seem really weird and/or bad.

Four years for Deng is ridiculous

Last edited:
Mozgov
Zubac
Black?

Randle
Nance
Deng
Ingram
Brown

DLo
Clarkson
Lou
Huertas?

Swaggy

Last edited:
2nd overall pick on a bad team.. Who prolly won't start. I am UPSET. These are the things that I do not like.

dont understand why anyone would not want Luol Deng on their team

you literally just cant even look at the money, its irrelevant

Are you guys in here pleased with the moves that the team is making? Cause they all seem really weird and/or bad.

Four years for Deng is ridiculous
I understand the reasoning. The execution has been questionable because of the contract commitment, but that's the market.

That or nobody.

And before you say.... I'd rather nobody... Then you'd be fine with nobody next year too because that's what you'd get.

I was gonna say nobody but more importantly this signing means Ingram our #2 pick ...will play off the bench and that BOTHERS me.

I was gonna say nobody but more importantly this signing means Ingram our #2 pick ...will play off the bench and that BOTHERS me.

Ehhhh... It was likely going to happen anyway... It was very doubtful that they'd trot out 4 guys with 3 years or less.

Deng is a great veteran leader for Ingram.

Money is slightly high again, but you pay for what your market is.

I honestly think players of Deng's caliber, is where the presence of Kobe helped us shaved off a few million because of wanting to play with Kobe. No Kobe, there's no statue in the room, it's all upside guys that you are now the center of

Last edited:
@daldridgetnt Lakers bumped up offer for Luol Deng to $18M per--same that they offered Kent Bazemore--after Bazemore turned them down to stay in Atlanta.
The front office has finally realized they have to rebuild this like most teams.

Dummies waiting a year too long. At least it got Ingram out of it.

Last edited:
Next moves...

1. Either sit on the $20.294mil left over, and redistribute $10mil among 13 guys. Or make a 1 - year signing for either a backup PG or backup C.

2. Use the 2017 2nd Round Pick to trade Nick Young into someone's cap space. Yes he stinks. Yes he's a cancer, at least here he is, elsewhere not so much. BUT 2 year / $11mil for a bench scorer is a pretty good deal to sit on when Matthew Dellavadova just signed 4 year / $38mil. You also get a pick out of the deal, and can hold out hope that he declines his Player Option to get same AAV deal over 3-4 year under a $109mil cap

3. Hold on to Lou Will. Come draft time, plenty of teams will have space to fit him without sending a player back. This is the time to get a draft pick back. Getting a bench scorer for 1 year / $7mil as opposed to having to go out and commit 4 year / $50mil is a smart move for a pick.

Do those things, and you come out in 2017 with $45mil in cap space, and 10 players

Last edited:
Honestly the years and cost at this point don't matter. All these contracts that are handed out are 4 year deals. No one is signing 2-3 year deals other than 2-3 players. 4 yrs/$72 mil for Deng is probably the going rate at this point for mid to low tier players. If Delly got $38 mil it shouldn't surprise any of you that We handed Deng $72 mil.

Some of you guys were saying we need vets, we need to fill out the SF position. We got a guy that can help that position, and can mentor Ingram. I get it, the 4 years is a bit much but again, that's the norm we have been seeing on a lot of these contracts. The times of the 3 year $30 mil per etc contracts are over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom