|| LocK Dis Up ||

How Many Games Do You Project The Lakers Will Win This Season?

• 15-20

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 21-25

• 26-30

• 31-35

• 36-40

• 41-45

• 46-50

• 51-55

• 56-73

• They Will Break the NBA Record with 74+ Wins

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Too bad we can't post Insider articles anymore. Kevin Pelton makes the argument for the Lakers maxing out Hassan Whiteside.

Last edited:
I can't speak for other threads, but Meth put a stop to posting the Insider Mock Drafts this year. I got warned for it. It just wasn't reinforced before, I guess.

de235341a04249ac901643bdf6d32061

You alright bruh? You been scaring me with these posts lately.

Honestly I'm not so sure what E put in that drink Saturday [emoji]128528[/emoji]

I don't drink, nor do I have the wingspan to reach from NY to LA.

You better figure out who else gave you rufilin

Not talking about you man.
You aint the only E in the world.

We were talking about ECook. Had drinks with him last saturday.

Death to all E's

Everyone became a Jodie fan once he was gone.
During his whole tenure here all i saw was how "trash" he was.

Happens everytime someone leaves :lol:

Since I have nothing else to do while I'm in the gym..... And since nothing else is happening in here... I was working numbers out in my head and created a non-serious / but would be fun plan..... Strictly this became a things to work numbers in my head.

The plan is called... "Go **** Yourself Pat Riley"

---- We start with $60.792mil in cap space -------------
Step 1: Sign Hassan Whiteside for full 4 year maximum deal. Starts at $22mil. Full court press on him, guarantee him the world. Whatever it takes to get it done July 1 or 2.
----- Down to $38.792mil in cap space -----------------
Step 2: You now call Pat Riley's bluff on Dwyane Wade.. Whiteside gone, the team is even more in limbo. And can't justify paying Dwyane Wade. More you pay DWade, less they have for anybody else... Could be a early lottery team if Bosh can't go...

Granted this won't happen, because RIley will figure it out to keep Wade... But you call their bluff on it... With Whiteside gone, and Bosh being a HUGE question mark, the Lakers would be a playoff team adding Whiteside & Wade... And if you offer him good money, and RIley tries to low ball him, maybe he says screw it.

Offer Wade 2 + 1 Player Option.. Matching Whiteside's numbers.... Comes out to 3 year / $69mil.

Yeah yeah I get it, it's a lot of money for him... But follow along...

------Whiteside + Wade = $16.792mil in cap space ------
----- Clarkson for $10mil, puts you at $9.5mil in cap space -----

Current Roster is
Russell - Clarkson - Huertas - Wade - Lou Will - Ingram - A. Brown - Swaggy - Randle - Nance Jr. - Whiteside - Black - Zubac

Now you have Lou Williams and Nick Young, both of which have no value on this team... Lou Will because he'd take minutes from Clarkson... Swaggy because he's an imbecile.

You look to off load Lou Williams to a team that may not hit the salary floor for a Late 1st if they have an extra OR a 2nd. Would be a fairly easy task.

----- Now have $16.5mil in cap space with 12 players on the roster -------

See if a team will take Swaggy for a salary dump because they need extra salary... Hell you can offer the 2nd we got for Lou to take him... Even being a 1 dimensional idiot, 2 year / $10mil isn't bad if you can get him in the right offense....
------------ That would put us at $21.9mil... If you stretch him, we have $19.7mil-----------------

You then fill the roster with 1 year filler at SF... 1 year guy at backup Center....

That team likely makes the playoffs.

Then you use Wade + Whiteside + Russell + Ingram + Clarkson + Randle..... And $42mil in cap space in 2017....

As crazy as it sounds, and as unlikely as Wade leaving Miami would be......................... Would be a nice coup even if it meant overpaying Wade.

I digress... Back to Whiteside & Bazemore

Last edited:
You aren't advocating to sign Wade, please tell me you're just typin out loud....rather bring Kobe back than Wade. :lol:

You aren't advocating to sign Wade, please tell me you're just typin out loud....rather bring Kobe back than Wade. :lol:

He's not leaving Miami in the first place...

"Strictly this became a thing to work numbers in my head."

But if a psychic were to say... Signing Wade to that deal, gets you Durant in 2017 when he declines the 2nd year of his 1+1....... I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Unfortunately, I know no psychics... But I think he gets you the first seat for those guys in 2017.

Also finished it with back to Whiteside & Bazemore

Last edited:
I really didn't like how we played the Durant situation. He came out with his list of teams and we weren't on it; we should've stopped there. Now we ended up looking foolish because we essentially begged him for a meeting and he still said no. The league has changed folks, and we as laker fans need to get over our sense of entitlement. It's not how it was 20 years ago when Shaq signed with us, players don't need to play in LA/NY/CHI to get exposure anymore. I traveled to Singapore and Korea earlier this year and saw people wearing KD and Russ' shoes. They have no idea where Oklahoma City, OK is but they love KD and Russ regardless. It's all about winning. Players want to play for winning organizations. Period. I don't see us signing a marquee FA until we start showing signs of life on the court.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom