|| LocK Dis Up ||

How Many Games Do You Project The Lakers Will Win This Season?

• 15-20

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 21-25

• 26-30

• 31-35

• 36-40

• 41-45

• 46-50

• 51-55

• 56-73

• They Will Break the NBA Record with 74+ Wins

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's the thing your acting like we HAVE to invest money longterm. i could understand if there small deals but Giving out 15 Million to a player who will have very little impact on the future of this team is reckless spending. Tying money up into players we need guys who will be starters in a few years Okay... Tying up money in a role player who will take away time from Clarkson & ingram, and won't even make us close to a playoff team is ridiculous.

When your in a bad situation with young players and probably not sniffing the playoffs, i say give out 1-2 year deals to some young players, vets who may have not been in the right situation. Evaluate talent and move from there. I'm in no rush to "lock up" a borderline starter. Toronto did this with Biyombo last year signed him on a 2 yr, 6 million dollar contract & now teams are lining up to pay him 17 Mil + a year. Portland got Ed Davis, Harkless & aminu all for cheap last year.

We are in a situation where we have a lot of young talent already, If we're gonna use our cap then i rather us go after real impact players & if not continue to try and grab value pick ups. Kent Bazemore at 15+ is DISGUSTING value.

He has more impact than you think he does. Nor is it reckless spending.

Those deals you are talking about DO NOT exist anymore. The cap is going up $20mil, then up another $15mil the year after. What you think was a bargain previously, is now $10mil + easily.

If you wanted to do that, you should have done it last offseason.

You also have to improve the damn team. And if you're 2 years away from being 2 years away.. Then what you just spent means nothing in your words. Especially when Bazemore has versatility, and some value to other teams.

Also you have to put players on the court that will help your young guys grow as quickly as possible. Whiteside & Bazemore would do that. Fit strengths and help weakness. That's how you can accelerate your timeline a bit through FA.

But no let's instead, keep waiting for that homerun.. Eventually you need to realize that you have to start paying Russell, Randle, Ingram.. You already have to pay Clarkson starting this season.

It's best to think about building a team first before you have to do that... See Golden State

Last edited:
Did y'all read that hit piece by Ding on Jim Buss? How much y'all think Jeanie paid Ding to write that?

Did y'all read that hit piece by Ding on Jim Buss? How much y'all think Jeanie paid Ding to write that?
Articles like these makes free agents don't want to come to the Lakers, Buss family should sell if they want this franchise heading in the right direction anytime soon 

It's all a game. With the local writers and editors. Media & the Lakers. Everyone capitalizes. Cuz having that kind of story out now makes no sense. It's quite a read :smh:
It's almost like they can't save themselves from themselves

Nobody gives a damn about those articles. Money, environment, culture talk, not family bs.

Cuban is a moron. The Knicks group has always been dirt. The Clippers. Even the Warrior guy is a blowhard. Paul Allen, the Cavs owner, they're all clowns. All of them do and say stupid ****, Free Agents go anyways.

Does it make these guys look good? No, course not. But how is that a surprise? I literally didn't learn a single thing I didn't already know. For ****'s sakes, they have talked about Jerry's last breath and last wishes 150,000 times in those stupid articles. They bring it up EVERY TIME. :lol:

The article hurts nothing. How they are in the room, the pitch they make, the guys they pursue, that's what matters, not what sources told Kevin Ding.

I mean it doesn't matter, but it definitely sheds light on everything. We all knew Jim & Jeanie didn't **** with each other but this is a blatant power play. You don't drop an article like that 3 days before free agency. Everything in that article is pro Jeanie/Phil while burying Mitch/Jim, it's ridiculous. Ding was one of my favorite writers but this is seriously one of the worst pieces of "sports journalism" I've ever read.

I mean it doesn't matter, but it definitely sheds light on everything. We all knew Jim & Jeanie didn't **** with each other but this is a blatant power play. You don't drop an article like that 3 days before free agency. Everything in that article is pro Jeanie/Phil while burying Mitch/Jim, it's ridiculous. Ding was one of my favorite writers but this is seriously one of the worst pieces of "sports journalism" I've ever read.

It read like it Ding was jotting notes while one of the siblings (Jeanie) was going off on a rant, then typed it into an article at 4AM. It's definitely someone's power play and not a slick one :lol:

Like I said a year ago when dudes was clownin me, ceiling is T-Mac.

We'll see who is still clownin when he's averagin 25 a game in a few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom