|| LocK Dis Up ||

How Many Games Do You Project The Lakers Will Win This Season?

• 15-20

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 21-25

• 26-30

• 31-35

• 36-40

• 41-45

• 46-50

• 51-55

• 56-73

• They Will Break the NBA Record with 74+ Wins

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
From that bleacher report article:

Count Ingram among the small circle of folks who've gotten past the Russell-Young incident. Count young Lakers teammates Randle, Clarkson, Larry Nance Jr. and Anthony Brown among them, too.

The six of them sat together and bonded the night of Ingram's June 9 predraft workout with the Lakers. Knowing it was a virtual certainty that Ingram would be his pick, Kupchak shrewdly invited the five Lakers who came from the draft in the previous two years, and the soon-to-be teammates crowded around Ingram at Fleming's Steakhouse while Lakers staffers who'd already dined with Ingram the previous night stepped to the other side of the room.

View media item 2080251

So it's pretty clear that Nick Young is the odd man out and has no future with this team.From the moment he signed here on a 1 year deal and then his contract extension I couldn't figure out why Mitch & Jim thought he would bring any value to the team.

He was a very serviceable player in Antoni's system.

I just don't think he remained focused with all that Hollywood **** and constantly being in byrons dog house

From that bleacher report article:

Count Ingram among the small circle of folks who've gotten past the Russell-Young incident. Count young Lakers teammates Randle, Clarkson, Larry Nance Jr. and Anthony Brown among them, too.

The six of them sat together and bonded the night of Ingram's June 9 predraft workout with the Lakers. Knowing it was a virtual certainty that Ingram would be his pick, Kupchak shrewdly invited the five Lakers who came from the draft in the previous two years, and the soon-to-be teammates crowded around Ingram at Fleming's Steakhouse while Lakers staffers who'd already dined with Ingram the previous night stepped to the other side of the room.

View media item 2080251

So it's pretty clear that Nick Young is the odd man out and has no future with this team.From the moment he signed here on a 1 year deal and then his contract extension I couldn't figure out why Mitch & Jim thought he would bring any value to the team.

He was a very serviceable player in Antoni's system.

I just don't think he remained focused with all that Hollywood **** and constantly being in byrons dog house

hit the nail on the head.

plus he was a fan favorite for a period. D'antoni can turn **** into a diamond I tell you boy

I'm very happy with the Ingram selection.
smokin.gif

We will have to see with Zubac. You never know.

It's gonna be weird watching the Lakers without Kobe on the roster next year. That's all I ever knew would always be there. EVER. 
frown.gif

Last edited:
I would've loved to have taken Ulis. A defensive minded true Point for the bench would've been godly

I'm extremely anxious to see that DLo/Big Cat matchup in Summer league... Cat might give DLo 30 :lol:

Last edited:
BIG can potentially be like kd. And he may get taller.

Could be a kd type, could be a greek freak type.

you guys have no idea how happy I am to have him. I hope dude blossoms. I'm so ready for my guys to be good again. I just hope my dude can maintain his mental. LA aint for everybody. Especially for a young nba player. Dudes get caught up in the lights.

I heard some similarities between BIG and Bean though. The whole, no partying and loving the process and skipping events to work out...my man :smokin :smokin :smokin

I miss kobe already. He's all I've ever known.

Last edited:
No meeting with Durant planned (yet) per Woj. :pimp:

Glad both sides aren't wasting their time. Get a center for the kids.

BIG can potentially be like kd. And he may get taller.

Could be a kd type, could be a greek freak type.

you guys have no idea how happy I am to have him. I hope dude blossoms. I'm so ready for my guys to be good again. I just hope my dude can maintain his mental. LA aint for everybody. Especially for a young nba player. Dudes get caught up in the lights.

I heard some similarities between BIG and Bean though. The whole, no partying and loving the process and skipping events to work out...my man :smokin :smokin :smokin

I miss kobe already. He's all I've ever known.

With his size, jumpshot, ability to get to the rim kid can develop into a great scorer.

Predicting a jump for DLo. :pimp:

I'm saying it now 15 and 7 for next year.

We're not there yet, in two years all the A list free agents will want to come here once we have a winning tesm

@ESPNSteinLine Story posting now with @ramonashelburne: @espn sources say the Lakers plan to aggressively pursue Miami's Hassan Whiteside in free agency
Let's go.

Romona on ESPN710 suggested Batum, Ryan Anderson & Kent Bazemore. She also mentioned Whiteside.

Also stated that Lakers are interested in Barnes, but not for anything close to the max.

Marc stein just tweeted him and romana are dropping an article. Lakers said to be aggressively pursuing Whiteside.

Man to know that we could of signed Whiteside instead of Wayne Ellington sucks, also we could of kept Baze too. I liked him on the squad

man but what is management thinking? is jeanie still giving them an ultimatum? that might make them desperate if they strike out on whiteside.

were we one of the teams that dissed whiteside? you would think with our young nucleus and it being los angeles whiteside would be putting us at the top of his list if we offer him the max

Sources: Lakers to aggressively pursue Hassan Whiteside in free agency

The Los Angeles Lakers plan to aggressively pursue Miami Heat center Hassan Whiteside when NBA free agency starts, according to league sources.

With rim protection and perimeter shooting ranking as the Lakers' foremost areas of concern heading into the open market, sources told ESPN.com that Whiteside has emerged a priority target for L.A.

The Lakers, like the Heat, are still hopeful of securing a face-to-face recruiting meeting with Oklahoma City Thunder star Kevin Durant once free agency season commences at 12:01 a.m. on July 1. But the Lakers, sources say, are highly intrigued by Whiteside and what he could bring them as a double-double presence inside.

ESPN.com reported earlier this week that the Dallas Mavericks also intend to be a serious suitor for Whiteside, with Dallas expected to land one of the first recruiting meetings Whiteside conducts in the opening hours of free agency. The Portland Trail Blazers are another team that has been linked with Whiteside and there will surely be others.

After averaging 14.8 points, 11.8 rebounds and a league-leading 3.7 blocks per game last season, Whiteside is expected to command a maximum contract this season, with a first-season salary forecasted to be in the $22 million range.

"More than likely, players out there in free agency, our No. 1 priority is Hassan Whiteside," Heat president Pat Riley told reporters after the season. "He's 26 years old. He's a game changer."

ESPN.com also reported this week that that Lakers, Orlando Magic and Detroit Pistons are among the teams expected to pursue Atlanta Hawks free agent-to-be Al Horford.

Longtime Heat star Dwyane Wade will also be a free agent and is expected to stay with the only team he's ever played for.

The Heat have only early Bird rights on Whiteside, meaning they must use cap space to sign him for more than a league average salary and cannot offer a fifth year on his deal. A maximum contract for Whiteside would be a projected $94.8 million over four years.
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/1...ressively-pursue-hassan-whiteside-free-agency

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom