|| LocK Dis Up ||

How Many Games Do You Project The Lakers Will Win This Season?

• 15-20

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 21-25

• 26-30

• 31-35

• 36-40

• 41-45

• 46-50

• 51-55

• 56-73

• They Will Break the NBA Record with 74+ Wins

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Spin, spin, spin all you want but this is exactly what I've been saying was gonna happen

You seem confused about filling out the bench.

Jaylen will start. Year 1, 2, 3 I dunno, but he will develop into a starter.

Next year lotto, starter
Year after lotto, starter

But the 19-20-21 whatever picks, ala Nance, are depth/bench picks. Pick 30 in Rd 2, bench.

Smart, Brown, two more lotto picks coming, and as stated, already a 50ish win team, and getting better.

I don't see how that's failing. Morey did similar work that eventually turned into Harden/Dwight WCF etc. They ultimately came up short, but his assets were less than what Ainge has to play with, still. 2 more years of Net futility awaits them. Trade or no trade, they'll be adding talent.

If we were a 50 win team and added DLo/Ingram I'd be thrilled to death.

We won 17.

Why we laughin? Cuz late teen picks will become bench guys?

I hope I can frequent this thread again. Please god let it be better than last year :x

Happy we got Ingram. Should help with our shooting problem. Hopefully d lo and JC working hard. Excited for the season.

Last edited:
You seem confused about filling out the bench.

Jaylen will start. Year 1, 2, 3 I dunno, but he will develop into a starter.

Next year lotto, starter
Year after lotto, starter

But the 19-20-21 whatever picks, ala Nance, are depth/bench picks. Pick 30 in Rd 2, bench.

Smart, Brown, two more lotto picks coming, and as stated, already a 50ish win team, and getting better.

I don't see how that's failing. Morey did similar work that eventually turned into Harden/Dwight WCF etc. They ultimately came up short, but his assets were less than what Ainge has to play with, still. 2 more years of Net futility awaits them. Trade or no trade, they'll be adding talent.

If we were a 50 win team and added DLo/Ingram I'd be thrilled to death.

We won 17.

Why we laughin? Cuz late teen picks will become bench guys?

Dude ..they aren't 'filling out the bench'. They are drafting euros who will never see the light of day because they don't have room for all these damn picks. This was never ainge's intention, he said it this year and last that he tried to make a move but couldn't get it done. That was the plan and he failed miserably. They have 5 point guards bro.

I'm lurking some Celtic forums and they all are fed up with ainge, they've all turned on him. You literally might be the only person on the internet defending him right now. But go ahead and keep spinning like the goal all along was to 'fill out the bench' with point guards and assorted euros that will never even see the bench.

Last edited:
Not a bad night.

giphy.gif

Dude ..they aren't 'filling out the bench'. They are drafting euros who will never see the light of day because they don't have room for all these damn picks. This was never ainge's intention, he said it this year and last that he tried to make a move but couldn't get it done. That was the plan and he failed miserably. They have 5 point guards bro.

I'm lurking some Celtic forums and they all are fed up with ainge, they've all turned on him. You literally might be the only person on the internet defending him right now. But go ahead and keep spinning like the goal all along was to 'fill out the bench' with point guards and assorted euros that will never even see the bench.

Let's be realistic, Ainges rebuilding plan has been fantastic, their talent evaluation has just been horrible. Prior to this draft, if you look at their last 8 first round picks you will see what I mean. The good news for Ainges though is they only have to hit on a couple of their picks to show out. Next year they will likely get one of the top 2 centers and if their third pick pans out they will be fine. Plus they will more than likely get another top 3 pick the year after that.

I think one of the really underrated moves last night was trading 2 seconds for the clippers 2019 first round pick. I could easily see that becoming a lotto pick due to the age of players on their team.

The guy is doing fine, he was just expecting to trade some of these picks and that hasn't happened yet.

All i Know is that trading for all these assets and having 6-7 rookies all playing through the same positions belittles the worth of those picks some. Players have to PLAY to improve, however they can't because your a playoff team and need your vets to continue to do so. The man himself has been frantically trying to make moves for a solidified star for the past two years this is WELL DOCUMENTED, is Boston in a bad place no absolutely not, but all them ******** late 1'st rounders & several second round picks that people were praising him for have turned out to not really amount to much.

Also if this team is in the West they are possibly fighting for an 8th seed... so in essence Ainge collected all these assets and now due to the amount that he got w/o great value he's gonna half to sell off some of these for pennies on the dollar.

Last edited:
You should check the protection on that clippers pick. Good chance it becomes a 2nd rounder. The plan was to move these picks, you can't ignore the fact that it hasn't happened and say he's doing fine. He drafted 4 guys last year and NONE of them played. 3 are still on the team. Now add 6 more guys to that, half of them will never play.

They walked into draft nite with delusions of Gordon Hayward, Jimmy Butler, Jabari parker, Kris Middleton and walk out with Guerschon Yabusele. If you guys think that is fantastic then so be it. Agree to disagree

Last edited:
Yes I agree.Boston is in a bad place.

Ainge is getting desperate and I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up over paying with the players he's drafted over the past few years and future 1st rounders they have or acquired from other teams to get Boogie Cousins after they strike out and if KD even gives them a chance to hear they're sales pitch over this summer. Vlade Divac right now is just salivating and waiting for the call from Ainge.

Heck I'm willing to put money that the Lakers past draft picks (Randle, Russell, Clarkson, Nance, and Ingram) is more attractive and has more value compared to what Boston currently has when it comes to potential blockbuster trades in the future.

Last edited:
You should check the protection on that clippers pick. Good chance it becomes a 2nd rounder. The plan was to move these picks, you can't ignore the fact that it hasn't happened and say he's doing fine. He drafted 4 guys last year and NONE of them played. 3 are still on the team. Now add 6 more guys to that, half of them will never play.

They walked into draft nite with delusions of Gordon Hayward, Jimmy Butler, Jabari parker, Kris Middleton and walk out with Guerschon Yabusele. If you guys think that is fantastic then so be it. Agree to disagree

Again, you guys are acting like they have to hit on every pick. I agree with what you guys are saying about having way to many redundant players to ever play thereby diminishing that value of most of those picks, but between their third this year, probably top 3 next year, and top 3 the year after that, they are going to get some incredibly good young talent. If any of those other players develop it is just icing on the cake. The problem with Ainge is he severely overrates his own players and there really isn't much of a base for other teams to judge the talent on because they are so log jammed at a couple positions.

Not to mention the offseason just begun so who knows what trades are coming down the pipeline.

Last edited:
What an easy draft... seriously seemed like every other team goofed or traded their ***** off while the Lakers sat back happy with Ingram and took the best C available at #32.

Need some vets now!

It's safe to say that Ainge missed out on Winslow & overvalued his assets 2 years in a row. It's also safe to say that they have a shot at top 3 picks in 2017 & 2018. Ainge's strategy only works if you draft well (they haven't) or if you're able to flip those assets for a disgruntled star (none currently available)

What an easy draft... seriously seemed like every other team goofed or traded their ***** off while the Lakers sat back happy with Ingram and took the best C available at #32.

Need some vets now!

Front court help in free agency this summer:

-Whiteside: even though I'm still un easy with his immature character issues, and I still think slick Riles will pay to keep him this summer.I'd be ok with giving him the max.
-Horford: I'm ok with giving him the max. I don't care if he's 30 years old already. The most we can offer him is 4 years anyways.If things don't work out after 2 or 3 years I'd don't see how hard it would be to unload his contract.
-Noah: If the price is right and definetly not for the max then sure I'd be happy with him as our starting center with the type of offense Luke is going to run with this current team.

Back court:

-Batum: I like his versatility and he's a proven team player and would also make Clarkson expendable who I'm not so high on like other NT'ers have been.
-Bazermore: Another guy who would fit in on the type of offense Luke wants to run but his defense is also a problem. Not sure he's really worth max or near max money.
-Derozan: No just no ! Another former chucker from USC who we don't need.

Last edited:
I'll have to make a deeper dive, but more centers to consider:

Free agency: Biyombo, Mahinmi, Mozgov, and Ezeli
Trades: Koufos, Chandler, Hawes and Bogut

I lowkey expect the Lakers to sign a center to a 1-2 year, big money contract. Like 2 years 40 mil with a team option for next year, just to keep flexibility for summer 2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom