|| LocK Dis Up ||

How Many Games Do You Project The Lakers Will Win This Season?

• 15-20

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 21-25

• 26-30

• 31-35

• 36-40

• 41-45

• 46-50

• 51-55

• 56-73

• They Will Break the NBA Record with 74+ Wins

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Luke will be here a long time IMO
He'll bring this organization back to glory and will bring stability, having cap space and kobe retiring obviously helps a lot

I mean for Mitch to offer him the job after one interview and interviewing no one else, he must've killed
WHITE MALE

THEY ALREADY HAD A RELATIONSHIP

He wanted Jeff Van Gundy, or Mark Jackson, or Messina.
No I wanted Ollie, Messina or JVG.
What makes Ollie or Messina experienced compared to Luke, since that's a major complaint of yours? 

If you actually watch Ollie's teams at UCONN offensively they aren't even that great. That one year they did well they rode Napier. His teams play defense really well though. 

If you wanted Messna, why don't you want Blatt. Blatt would beat Messina's teams in Europe with a less talented roster supposedly. Anyway his teams in Europe offensively weren't that impressive either, but that was before his stint with the Spurs. He probably learned a lot the past two years. 

At least Luke coached a team at the NBA level and he'll bring those principles that are being run in GS to the Lakers. 

How can anyone complain about this? 

Rambis yes, who did Fisher and Shaw learn under, other than Phil?

Rambis at least learned under Riley and Phil. Luke has teachings from all sorts of coaching trees.

What did Kerr have goin for him before he joined GSW?

Kerr had Phil and more importantly Pop (whose tree has proven much better) and the luxury of getting a team on the brink thanks to Mark Jackson actually doing the heavy lifting and developing the young guys.

As for Rambis and Shaw them only bring under Phil's tutelage is the point.

Why did Kerr have to get hurt mane?

Are you actually listening to yourself? You are CREDITING Mark Jackson for developing the youth of GSW. :lol: Mark. Jackson.

And Kerr did learn under Phil and Pop. And Luke learned under, whom? :nerd: Dude learned under Lute Olsen, Phil, then Kerr. On top of that, his own father, who taught him nothing but John Wooden examples like they were lullabies.

Rambis learned under Riley and Phil. Two elites.

Shaw just learned under Phil and Adelman I think. (didn't he coach in Sac for a stretch? I might be off there)

But you want Ollie in here. Who the **** has Ollie learned under? :lol:

Jeff hasn't coached in a damn decade, and Messina has never coached either in the NBA as the head guy.

We got a highly intelligent, young, head coach. Who has learned from various guys, college and pro. Hell, he even coached in the D-league and at Memphis.

Walton went 39-4 this year
Kerr went 34-5 this year

Same roster.

He may never be Phil, but he is far better than Byron Scott fellas. He's better than Byron. Let him assemble some assistants, and maybe he can be our "Mark Jackson" if that's our worst case. How is that a bad thing?

Ollie, Messina would be fine hires, but by no means are they any more a sure thing than Luke is.

We basically are going to be a college team with the youth for the next 3-4 years.

Ollie at bare minimum has shown the ability to get the best out of a roster that may not have the most talent in his time at UConn ala Brad Stevens. Also he has mad respect around the league from his playing days with vets in the league including two prominent ones that will be free agents in the next two summers.

Messina is widely regarded as one of the best minds in the sport, especially offensively. Also he was here already before going to learn even more from Pop. I would have actually been fine with Blatt, but Bron effectively made him look like a clown with no authority, so the respect factor from free agents may not be there right now.

Puke was a scrub while he played, no other way to slice it. He may have the respect of the Warriors players, but everyone else, I wouldn't bet on it. He's not Kidd, Shaw, or hell even Fisher before he started stealing wives. It's all and good to bring principles and sets from GS, but unless he brings Jerry West and their players as well it'll amount to a lot of nothing.

But hey it is better than Byron, but so would me coaching I think, that shouldn't be the burden of proof.

What happened with Ollie?

Not mad at the hire but I'm just not big on Luke. He was the substitute teacher to somebody that benefited from what somebody else built. I just don't get why he's looked at as this golden boy head coach. Hopefully it works out and we get some stability.

Kerr was a self proclaimed moron prior to signing with gsw. That was his only experience.

If you don't like Luke cool. But don't slurp kerr in the same gulp.

And that's why I been saying both of 'em owe Mark Jackson.

We basically are going to be a college team with the youth for the next 3-4 years.

Ollie at bare minimum has shown the ability to get the best out of a roster that may not have the most talent in his time at UConn ala Brad Stevens. Also he has mad respect around the league from his playing days with vets in the league including two prominent ones that will be free agents in the next two summers.

Messina is widely regarded as one of the best minds in the sport, especially offensively. Also he was here already before going to learn even more from Pop. I would have actually been fine with Blatt, but Bron effectively made him look like a clown with no authority, so the respect factor from free agents may not be there right now.

Puke was a scrub while he played, no other way to slice it. He may have the respect of the Warriors players, but everyone else, I wouldn't bet on it. He's not Kidd, Shaw, or hell even Fisher before he started stealing wives. It's all and good to bring principles and sets from GS, but unless he brings Jerry West and their players as well it'll amount to a lot of nothing.

But hey it is better than Byron, but so would me coaching I think, that shouldn't be the burden of proof.

Luke isn't bringing any of them but neither were any of the other guys u like. They all would've needed a better roster and a great coaching staff behind them.

This is the draft all over again. You didn't like one guy and complained the whole time only to see that he might be good and will most likely be better than the other guys you wanted.

Step 1, lose Byron. Check.
Step 2, bright young coach. Check.
Step 3, keep Top 3 pick. Pending.
Step 4, spend 60+ mil. Pending.

Lot to do still, but only a few more weeks til we find out about step 3 and then we should start feelin pretty good.

We got Walton! Excited to see how this works out! Will be reading through the thread to see what You guys think.

Not mad at the hire but I'm just not big on Luke. He was the substitute teacher to somebody that benefited from what somebody else built. I just don't get why he's looked at as this golden boy head coach. Hopefully it works out and we get some stability.

Kerr was a self proclaimed moron prior to signing with gsw. That was his only experience.

How? I really hate this argument. 

Sure Mark did some good things, but he ultimately held them back. 

Their jump in wins from the 2013-2014 season to the 2014-2015 season was probably one of the biggest if not the biggest jumps in the wins column for any team in history. 

They went from something like 12th in offensive rating to 1st in offensive rating. That's a ridiculous jump, with the same players. They went from being a team with one of the least amount of passes overall in the season to one of the most in a season. 

The improved defensively too. 

Sure it's fair to say the players got better, but you could use that same exact argument to say that's the reason Jackson improved GS record. The players got better/matured. It still doesn't explain how big of a leap the team made (12th to 1st in offense). 

Mark Jackson probably will never get a job with a NBA team again I'm serious. His best shot is with the Kings or some team that is really undesirable. 

Edit: I totally forgot. They went from losing in the first round to the clippers to a NBA championship. I'm done. 

Last edited:
To jab step jab step 's point, you're definitely gonna see a similar jump with the Lakers under Luke as far as offensive and defensive numbers, considering we were pretty much dead last in everything.

To @Jab Step's point, you're definitely gonna see a similar jump with the Lakers under Luke as far as offensive and defensive numbers, considering we were pretty much dead last in everything.
I also suspect they'll get much better players due to all this cap space this summer and people  like Worthy will point to that as the reason for the improvement. 

Byron was the worst coach ever especially from an X and O standpoint. Scott literally did nothing well as a coach. Absolutely nothing. 

It's clear by the list they had of potential coaches this time around, they wanted a vet coach as a stop gap to keep Kobe happy his last two years. Hence all those horrible options that came out 2 years ago like Hollins, Scott, Dunleavy, etc. 

Last edited:
Why are people acting like our roster is set? Like we won't sign any good players? Like we'lol be some young team for the next 4 years?

Hello! $60 mill, lots can happen this summer

Why are people acting like our roster is set? Like we won't sign any good players? Like we'lol be some young team for the next 4 years?

Hello! $60 mill, lots can happen this summer

Because we're a dysfunctional franchise, with a young roster that's nowhere close to competing which is what matters to marquee impact free agents above all.

Their jump in wins from the 2013-2014 season to the 2014-2015 season was probably one of the biggest if not the biggest jumps in the wins column for any team in history. 

They went from something like 12th in offensive rating to 1st in offensive rating. That's a ridiculous jump, with the same players. They went from being a team with one of the least amount of passes overall in the season to one of the most in a season. 

Sure it's fair to say the players got better, but you could use that same exact argument to say that's the reason Jackson improved GS record. The players got better/matured. It still doesn't explain how big of a leap the team made (12th to 1st in offense). 

Mark Jackson probably will never get a job with a NBA team again I'm serious. His best shot is with the Kings or some team that is really undesirable. 

Edit: I totally forgot. They went from losing in the first round to the clippers to a NBA championship. I'm done. 

Mark was with the team from the groud up. Those dudes were still growing and getting better under him. I have no doubt they would be who they are right now if Mark was still there. Just my opinion. That situation reminds me a lot of Tony Dungy/Jon Gruden in Tampa.

Mark was with the team from the groud up. Those dudes were still growing and getting better under him. I have no doubt they would be who they are right now if Mark was still there. Just my opinion. That situation reminds me a lot of Tony Dungy/Jon Gruden in Tampa.
Fair. Neither side going to budge on their opinion and I get it. Can't prove either side as true or not. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom