|| LocK Dis Up ||

How Many Games Do You Project The Lakers Will Win This Season?

• 15-20

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 21-25

• 26-30

• 31-35

• 36-40

• 41-45

• 46-50

• 51-55

• 56-73

• They Will Break the NBA Record with 74+ Wins

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see anyone even getting 70 points in the near future.

50 points is a huge career highlight game for players these days. It's crazy to think about someone scoring 50 then another 30 points in the same game.

And to think he did other crazy scoring sprees.

I mean, out scoring another team by yourself? Multiple months with 40+ points, consecutive game with 50 and 60 points... ect.
That night he got 81 he had 55 in the second half

That's 55 points in under 24 minutes.

None of these new guys have the focus to attack with that much relentlessness.

Just posted this in the Kobe Retro thread as well:

Let's get a roll-call gong for those who will be at the FanFest and/or game tomorrow. I think for the NT Kobe heads it would be great to link up.

Y'all down?

Swan Song: Pau Gasol says goodbye to retiring Kobe Bryant

http://www.si.com/nba/2016/04/12/kobe-bryant-pau-gasol-los-angeles-lakers-retirement

I'm going to cry. :frown:

tumblr_o30fkgcQgY1spdyd3o1_500.jpg

Last edited:
This was my favorite Kobe video back in the day (I didn't make it) if anyone knows how to embed from dailymotion let me know.

I haven't been able to find this online for a long time b/c the NBA kept taking it down but I did download a local copy of it way back in the day. It's not the greatest quality but I love this video if anyone has a better copy or knows where one exists let me know. If you have seen it I hope it brings back some great memories, if you haven't seen it I hope you enjoy it (before it gets taken down again) :rolleyes

Kobe Bryant Greatness Personified

Last edited:

Man. It really is amazing how fast time flies. Not even fair.

I remember that Pau trade. My homie text me and I thought it was a joke. Really great seeing how Pau changed as a player after losing in 2008. That trade really tore him apart though.

Going to be a sad day tomorrow. Hopefully Pau shows up. It'll be a nice touch.

BTW. Happy Mamba Day guys.

Last edited:
Real talk.

Do you guys seriously think another player current or in the future can come close or put up more than 81 points in game ?

I was actually thinking about this the other day.

I know Steph is the sexy pick, but out of all the guys that could possibly do it, I'd probably pick him last. And that is mostly due to his size and the fact that he's not a very versatile scorer. He works too hard for almost every shot he takes, and I don't think he could do it long enough to get 81. Hell, even some of his layups become unnecessarily difficult (well, for him, I guess the difficult becomes necessary if he is going to make it) due to his size.

If I had to pick one guy to get it or to come close to getting it, I'd have to go with Harden. He's probably the most versatile scorer in the league. He has a knack for getting to the line. He's big. And when he's hot, he's borderline unstoppable.

Last edited:
the day has arrived. 20 yrs comes to an end tonight. damn. time flew by. thanks for the memories frijole. its not a day to be sad. its a day to be happy to see the journey end. lets celebrate the journey and not be sad that its ending. good players come and go. legends are forever :nthat:

Dear Kobe

Dear Kobe,

For 20 years, I’ve watched you dominate the game of basketball. From the Great Western Forum to the world famous Staples Center, you have dedicated your life to becoming one of the greatest players this game has ever seen. Through your commitment to success, outstanding work ethic, and winning attitude, each year you perfected your abilities beyond expectation.

You are an example to your teammates and fans all over the world through your extraordinary achievements on the court and extensive philanthropic efforts off the court. As a 5-time NBA champion, 18-time NBA All-Star, NBA MVP and 2-time Finals MVP, you led your team by example and showed them how to achieve greatness. As a 15-time member of the All-NBA Teams and a 12-time member of the All-Defensive Teams you continued to over-deliver, but it didn’t stop there. You earned the 2nd greatest scoring performance in the NBA with 81 points in a single game and became 3rd on the NBA All-Time scoring list, forever etching your name in NBA History.

Every night you played, I couldn’t wait to watch knowing that I would witness an unbelievable shot or move that I had never seen on the court. I marveled at the skills and loved the energy you brought to the game wearing that purple and gold uniform. You never disappointed the city, Laker fans, and basketball fans worldwide. All you cared about was winning games and championships and that’s why so many people love you.

You will join a legendary list of Laker greats and Hall of Famers. Their jerseys hang proudly from the rafters in Staples Center and soon yours will shine next to them; from Gail Goodrich, Jerry West, Elgin Baylor and Wilt Chamberlain to Kareem Abdul Jabbar, Jamaal Wilkes, James Worthy and Shaquille O’Neal.

Very few people have changed the game of basketball but you will be recognized as one of them alongside my “Dream Team” teammates, Larry Bird and Michael Jordan.

I’ve enjoyed every minute of your career. Thanks for all the fantastic memories. There will never be another Kobe Bryant!

Sincerely,

Earvin "Magic" Johnson
Chairman and Chief Executive Officer
Magic Johnson Enterprises
http://theplaybook.magicjohnson.com/posts/dear-kobe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom