|| LocK Dis Up ||

How Many Games Do You Project The Lakers Will Win This Season?

• 15-20

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 21-25

• 26-30

• 31-35

• 36-40

• 41-45

• 46-50

• 51-55

• 56-73

• They Will Break the NBA Record with 74+ Wins

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope so too. Kareem shooting the skyhook, Magic directing the offense, West dribbling (the logo), Shaq hanging on the rim... The Kobe J fits better than a celebratory pose

The Bulls better show up tonight.

Edit:

I listened to the Woj podcast this week with Redick and Mannix. Very interesting that Woj insinuated Horford could very well be looking to move.

Last edited:
Of course Horford is looking to move. Atlanta is no man's land. They'll never be as good as CLE nor is it a destination to get other guys.

I'm just surprised because he also insinuated Atlanta could be looking to move him. Figured Bud would just back up the Brinks truck for him.

The tea leaves had been trending that they know he's looking to leave so they're trying to get something for him. Lou Will and Hibbert wouldn't get their clock ticking I suppose.

------------

My consideration for Kobe's statue

maxresdefault.jpg

Epic times, indeed.

Kobe+Bryant+NBA+Finals+Game+7+Boston+Celtics+uOKv7BemCdtl.jpg

Kobe+Bryant+NBA+Finals+Game+7+Boston+Celtics+fYqbz1R9OIbl.jpg

121205101313-120512-kobe-bryant-2010.1200x672.jpg

tumblr_mvsus3ievT1sbxj8ao1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mme9ilZn7P1rbma2ko1_500.gif

The Bulls better show up tonight.

Edit:

I listened to the Woj podcast this week with Redick and Mannix. Very interesting that Woj insinuated Horford could very well be looking to move.

They are on a delicate balance. I think If they can get a good return for Teague, it will
Drive him further away.

Magic and Kareem rolling in their graves. Not 1 single post during the entire game? :lol:

Yikes.

I don't blame y'all but I just found it shocking.

Anyways, I know we're down by 16 and we're going to lose but for some weird reason I'm still proud of how hard they're playing especially defensively. They're just clearly outmatched talent wise, but at least they're giving it their all.

Magic and Kareem rolling in their graves. Not 1 single post during the entire game? :lol:

Yikes.

I don't blame y'all but I just found it shocking.

Anyways, I know we're down by 16 and we're going to lose but for some weird reason I'm still proud of how hard they're playing especially defensively. They're just clearly outmatched talent wise, but at least they're giving it their all.

Magic and kareem are still alive :D

Wilt could possibly be rolling in his grave though

I was at a funeral today. So I kind of missed all the going ons today including the hilarious D'Angelo Russell trade talk nonsense :lol:

Ridiculous trade rumors [emoji]128514[/emoji]...D'Angelo & Julius are untouchable. Would say Clarkson too but I know he's going to ask for a payday.

For people who are jumping off the bridge about our young guys..

Julius Randle -
13th in RPG
If you go by RP48min he's 9th
11th in DRPG 7.4 (Exception of Whiteside, everybody else plays between 5-10 minutes more than him - leader is DeAndre with 10 DRPG)

rebounding rate - 19.2 (2nd among PF to Thomas Robinson who only plays 9.8mpg)..
defensive rebound rate - 30.3 (1st among PF ahead of Kevin Love)
offensive rebounding rate - 8.6 (25th among PF)

When you expand the rebounding rate to all players of all positions
defensive rebound rate - 30.3 is 4th in the NBA, just behind Hassan Whiteside's 3rd at 31.0
19.2 total rebound rate is T-14 with Tristan Thompson & Karl Anthony-Towns

Double doubles - 16 Tied with Kristaps & Draymond (T-21st in the league)

20th in PPG by PFs... His game needs a lot of refining on offense with the midrange shot, touch around the basket, and a right.. Even being just okay at that, would increase his efficiency immensely.

Remember he's only 21, and just turned 21 - 2 months ago today.

D'Angelo Russell

Of Players ages 18-20 since 1979-80.... There's been 5 guys with a PER36 of 16.3 PP36 4.9 RP36 4.4 AP36
-Magic Johnson
-LeBron James (2x)
-Russell Westbrook
-Tyreke Evans
-D'Angelo Russell

Only 2 did it as teenagers - LeBron & Russell

Now Imagine how much he's been held back by Byron, and how much that has impacted him, even if it's by an extra basket, rebound and assist per game, he'd be 15-6-5 PER GAME in 27 minutes as a rookie, at 19.

Hell Russell even has been saying he's had trouble trying to talk to Byron on what to improve on because of communication between the 2.

So if you think Russell is playing bad, that's fine. He's still in tremendous company so far Tyreke aside who looked great at the beginning, but never progressed. Despite D'Lo playing for a coach who can't coach, a system that sucks, with guys who don't fit well, off the bench for no reason, and not being let loose to make plays, mistakes, and get the feel. If this is the floor for him, and even if he makes only some improvement every year, you're looking at an easy All-Star

We'll be more than fine

Last edited:
I do wonder how vehemently these guys would be defended if they were on other squads seeing as how some of the other rookies are getting bashed. I'm just from now on going to take the wait and see approach with all these guys because it's very possible that the homer goggles are clouding some of our judgments and wanting to be right or not *shrugs*

Last edited:
I do wonder how vehemently these guys would be defensed if they were on other squads seeing as how some of the other rookies are getting bashed. I'm just from now on going to take the wait and see approach with all these guys because it's very possible that the homer goggles are clouding some of our judgments and wanting to be right or not *shrugs*

By me? Exactly the same for Randle and Russell

If you're referring to Jah. He's been solid on offense and looks to stay around as a top big man scorer for many years. BUT, he's an atrocious rebounder and defender. And sure he can improve those things, but that's the truth about him at the moment.

Mudiay will be fine eventually but you can put his numbers next to Anthony Bennett's rookie year and you will see very similar players albeit different positions.

It's basically these are the floors for Russell and Randle. And even Jah and Mudiay. If this is the floor for our guys, they'll be fine. And we'll be fine, even if they only make slight improvement over the next couple years. Of course you want them to make huge leaps, but taming expectations a bit.

Last edited:
Stein:
Ditto for the Los Angeles Lakers and a number of veterans on their roster: Roy Hibbert, Brandon Bass, Nick Young and Lou Williams. We should note, however, that Hibbert possesses the only expiring contract in that quartet. Bass holds a $3.1 million player option for next season
http://espn.go.com/blog/marc-stein/post/_/id/4273/trade-buzz-grows-as-deadline-sits-three-weeks-away

I didn't believe that baseless D'Angelo Russell trade tweet from yesterday, but this post by Stein definitely puts it to rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom