Local NYC board backs plan to build mosque near Ground Zero

Originally Posted by eddiehouse5

Originally Posted by Man E

Why does it have to be so close to ground zero though?

Let them build it anywhere except there.
What's wrong with building it there?

I know why you feel the way that you do, but should you feel that way?
I feel   bad  for  the people who are  going  to ge heckled on their way

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

An Islmaic leader perhaps would have to go on a world tour of sorts to spread knowledge of the religion and renounce the acts of terrorists
why should they have to?
you don't see Christians denouncing terroristic acts. eg George Tiller.
They shouldn't have to.

But, the sad reality is when a Christian does something like murder a George Tiller, that person is just a bad seed.
When a Muslim does something, it falls back on all of Islam.  Unfair, but that's the way it is.

Originally Posted by HOVKid

If we had any brains we'd build these things everywhere....times square, penn station, grand central, ground zero, near the statue of liberty, etc.  Then you have no need to worry about them bombing that stuff.
True #%@%...

But not all people who are trying to destroy America are Islamic

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

An Islmaic leader perhaps would have to go on a world tour of sorts to spread knowledge of the religion and renounce the acts of terrorists
why should they have to?
you don't see Christians denouncing terroristic acts. eg George Tiller.

Just because someone is anti abortion means that he was a a militant Christian zealot? The guy who killed George Tiller had severe psychiatric problems before the murder.

Originally Posted by ME NO PASS

Originally Posted by HOVKid

If we had any brains we'd build these things everywhere....times square, penn station, grand central, ground zero, near the statue of liberty, etc.  Then you have no need to worry about them bombing that stuff.
roll.gif
roll.gif
if we build police stations all over the world we would eliminate black people selling drugs and stealing and robbing everyone...not to mention using crack and cocaine also...

see the logic there?

Originally Posted by MeloVP

it's a goddamn church wth is that?
ayo. i don't think i've ever heard someone say "goddamn" and "church" consecutively.
"We have worked to ensure that our mosques are not recruiting grounds for terrorists," he said.

dude actually had to make this announcement. WOW.

neoconservatism
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
but seriously, i would like to think this is a good idea, but i could easily see it becoming a bad one quickly.

Well im going to be the one that thinks this is nonsense. That is like letting a man beat up your mom and then let them live with you.
I would tell the Muslims to go &$^% themselves, but that is because to me Muslim countries do not amount to anything but oil. I am Russian and Armenian if it matters and my people are being killed by Chechen terrorists and were killed by Turks.

Originally Posted by KingofIlladelph

Originally Posted by Mo Matik

Something proactive needs to take place to counteract the rising anti-Islamic sentiment here in the US, as well as internationally.
c
I know when established an institution such as this will do just that.  I can only hope the proposal does more good than bad.

That'd have to come from the Islamic community itself.  A lot of people are ignorant about the religion and its principles.  An Islmaic leader perhaps would have to go on a world tour of sorts to spread knowledge of the religion and renounce the acts of terrorists.  So far, at least from my view, this has not been done.  So the face of Islam (in America) right now, unfortunately, is terrorists.
They shouldn't have to, like you said, but they do anyways.  Unfortunately this position isn't picked up by the media very often, despite it's overwhelming support.

If you want to see a response, one must look at all the numerous organizations such as CAIR, Zaytuna,Institute for Social Policy and Change, American Society for MuslimAdvancement, Islamic Society of North America, North American FiqhCouncil, Muslim Public Affairs Council, One Nation Organization, anddozens more just in this country.

there is absolutely no problem with this, but on the other hand being the board you have to understand most people are not rational, 9/11 is still cemented and there is going to be lashing back, so is it really worth all the uproar and headaches carrying this thing out

Originally Posted by sam206

Well im going to be the one that thinks this is nonsense. That is like letting a man beat up your mom and then let them live with you.
I would tell the Muslims to go &$^% themselves, but that is because to me Muslim countries do not amount to anything but oil. I am Russian and Armenian if it matters and my people are being killed by Chechen terrorists and were killed by Turks.
your example is flawed, to make it more accurate:
its like letting a white guy beat up your mom and then letting another white guy live with you. One person or group of people dont act for another. Feel free to insert any adjective instead of white

Those who protest this, should cathloic churches be banned from being built close to kindergartens?

Oh man, this is a can of worms I don't want to open up...

How can you seriously be offended by a Mosque being opened up near ground Zero? Granted I understand the hatred and animosity towards the ideal, the hate is misdirected. Do you really think a group of muslims with box cutters could overtake a plane full of people?

Now let's theoretically say they did. If you crash a plane into the top of a building, how did it topple over and get demolished? Both buildings? AND Tower 7 which was not hit by ANY of them. It's really unfortunate that people soak in whatever the news says.

Now how about the catholic church and it's conquests to teach it's misguided message to the world? Do you think other countries that were taken over by the catholic church wanted their church there? I don't see people getting all pissed about that.

It's just real funny that people don't even understand the true ideals of Islam and have never read the Koran. The Koran, Torah, and Bible are all similar in ideals, but they differ on certain people. All with the same underlying message.

Note: I'm not muslim in any way, I just have an understanding for different religions/cultures.

YOU can go *@+% yourself, you know.

I like how you're a close minded bigot yet you're "Russian and Armenian". Funny how if you're Armenian you risk being beaten up to death (literally) by Russian neo-nazi skinheads if you walk the streets of Moscow or St. Petersburg.

I am Bosnian and there is video evidence of Orthodox Christian Serbs systematically massacring 8.000 unarmed Muslim men and boys, but I don't hate every Serb.

Originally Posted by Vancity74

Considering Jews Zionists were partly responsible for 911, I don't see the problem.

Zionists aren't really Jews.

dudes are already getting mad in this thread
laugh.gif

I have to ask why build their? Also why shouldn't a Muslim leader come out and speak about what his religion is really about, most Americans only use the television for info so if a muslim leader could go and get on CBS or something that could help educate a lot of people.

Originally Posted by spsfinest212

dudes are already getting mad in this thread
laugh.gif

I have to ask why build their? Also why shouldn't a Muslim leader come out and speak about what his religion is really about, most Americans only use the television for info so if a muslim leader could go and get on CBS or something that could help educate a lot of people.

Because it pushes the envelope.  It is a statement.  It says all Muslims aren't responsible for 9/11, only a small number of extremists.  And like I said previously, there are hundreds of institutions working constantly to educate and fix the common notion that Islam is an evil religion.  Unfortunately this voice still isn't loud enough to garner the attention of the mass media.

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

I like how you're a close minded bigot yet you're "Russian and Armenian". Funny how if you're Armenian you risk being beaten up to death (literally) by Russian neo-nazi skinheads if you walk the streets of Moscow or St. Petersburg.

I am Bosnian and there is video evidence of Orthodox Christian Serbs systematically massacring 8.000 unarmed Muslim men and boys, but I don't hate every Serb.
well i never said I hate muslims, I have alot of muslim friends. Im just saying that they should build the mosque somewhere else. " I am Bosnian and there is video evidence of Orthodox Christian Serbs systematically massacring 8.000 unarmed Muslim men and boys, but I don't hate every Serb." You might not hate every serb, but you probably hate most like my bosnian friends. And as for me being able to walk around in Russia without getting beaten is a joke. I go to Moscow every summer to visit my family and I dont have one scratch from neo nazi. You are just an idiot that watches to much American TV that bashes on other countries.

9/11 was carried out by numerous global agencies to usher in the nwo's agenda....

Half of the so called hijackers confirmed that they were alive after the attacks....

Please stop believing the govts story on 9/11

Do some research

Originally Posted by sam206

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

well i never said I hate muslims, I have alot of muslim friends. Im just saying that they should build the mosque somewhere else. " I am Bosnian and there is video evidence of Orthodox Christian Serbs systematically massacring 8.000 unarmed Muslim men and boys, but I don't hate every Serb." You might not hate every serb, but you probably hate most like my bosnian friends. And as for me being able to walk around in Russia without getting beaten is a joke. I go to Moscow every summer to visit my family and I dont have one scratch from neo nazi. You are just an idiot that watches to much American TV that bashes on other countries.

Estoopid  American

Back
Top Bottom